Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Most BS Deaths  (Read 148657 times)

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
Re: Most BS Deaths
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 09:09:04 pm »

I suppose each time was kind of karmic retribution for the "evils" I have perpetrated on the "helpless" townsfolk
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

AnotherDwarvernDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 10:34:11 pm »

Just had one where I was playing as a dwarvern spearman. I hiked all the way to the elf village, fighting off a pack of wolves, a cougar, and a nightwing, when I finally reached the village. I proceeded to kill some elves, when suddenly a bolt embedded itself in my shield arm. I heroically impaled the elf who shot me, then decided to make a break for the edge of the map to travel and heal. I snuck very slowly to the edge of the map, then traveled one square. Ambush! A pack of wolves. No problem, I thought, as I splatted one against a tree. All of the sudden, I noticed I had a mortal wound. WTF? The wolf must've ripped my throat out as I was skipping through the walls of text detailing exploding wolves.

So I went back, bent on revenge, when a cougar showed up two squares from my home fortress and ripped my limbs off.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 02:19:20 am »

Setting yourself on fire. By accident.

Then running into a murky pool to extinguish yourself.

And drowning to death because you aren't skilled enough to not drown after a Z-level drop.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 03:02:20 am »

Had a pretty good adventurer, with great combat skills, sneak and so on. Thought I'd train some swimming too. The river froze. And so did I.  :'(
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 07:55:15 am »

fighting around magma is more dwarvenly!

fighting around water is for humans(and those fucking god damned useless elves)

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 08:42:18 am »

But you're the person who said elves aren't so bad...

Fighting around magma is not dwarvenly. Fighting in magma though...
Meh.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 02:15:30 am »

Fighting with alongside magma as if he was an ally.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Todestool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 05:17:34 pm »

I had a fairly experienced swordsman wearing high-quality iron armor I had stolen from some town, and he was ambushed by wolves.  He was merrily delimbing them until - "The wolf bites your head from behind - your throat is torn out!"  WTF?  That wolf must have had a particularly long and flexible neck.  Of course, it and all its buddies still died, and my swordsman was so ridiculously tough that he wandered around the battle site for a while, bleeding copiously, and still wouldn't die.  So he went to sleep, which caused the game to lock up upon his death, so I had to close with the task manager, so there wasn't even the consolation of being immortalized in legends mode. >:(

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 10:08:52 pm »

Had a really powerful adventurer with max party of dwarves and humans following him.  Well on my way on a mission to fulfill every quest in the Pocket Dimension world.  There's a waterfall by the main human town, and I decided it was a bright idea to train swimming by the waterfall because the water is only 4-5 there so I can't drown.

In the mist I lost track of where the edge was, and got pushed over by the current.  I think, ok, so I fell a few Z levels, I'm unbelievably tough, no big deal.  Maybe I'll just fast travel and heal.  Nope - the fall was instant death.  Crap!

I was really, really tempted to savescum but instead I decided to go there in Dwarf Mode and build a monument to him there in the river.  Maybe I can restock the town shops with items while I'm at it.  And the humans badly need a wooden bridge to connect the two halves of their town that are separated by the river.
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 11:44:32 pm »

Wiped out some goblin fortress up in the mountains, and was leaving with all the bodies of my allies when the only goblin i didnt catch one-shots me from the roof with a crossbow.

FFUUUUUU-
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2010, 06:05:52 am »

But you're the person who said elves aren't so bad...

Fighting around magma is not dwarvenly. Fighting in magma though...

did you hear my last words before i locked that thread? or do i have to babysit the sentence all the way here?

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2010, 07:38:15 am »

Ran around for hours searching for a woman with three rats on her body. Aimed to fight her to see if they offered protection.

There were dozens of dwarves walking around due to massive abandoning and reclaiming on my part (it's rare to find someone who likes easy-to-catch vermin) .. and when I finally found her. I went in for a fight and ... two other dwarves sprung from the woodwork and completely owned me. Now I had to start over with an unexperienced adventurer SO ANGRY!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2010, 08:22:13 am »

with a play now character i was well on my way to ruling the world with my chosen weapon, a stolen rope reed shoe.

i was killing wolves with it when one of the wolves i had knocked over grappled me with its legs and broke my arm, then choked me to death while the other wolves wailed on me or vomited and passed out. it seems that in the version i was playing, when a 4 legged animal has fallen over, its legs are suddenly available to wrestle with.

i had another adventurer get wrestled by a horse in a human town once after it had been knocked over. it was non fatal but the mental image was very odd.

also first time i ever played i somehow did not know how to swim up.

Note To Self

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2010, 10:38:39 am »

Tried my very first game just now on Adventurer mode.

Whilst trying to work out how the Travel screen works (i.e. go back to view on ground level), I was ambushed and surrounded by a pack of 5 wolves.

After somehow killing them all in gruesome ways (Wolf A lost a foot and flew several squares away, B died of a pierced heart, liver and pancreas, C was chopped in half, D was stabbed in the brain and E was knocked unconscious before being dismembered), I was trying to figure out how to heal. I look around, pick up the Chunk of torso one of the wolves had bitten out of me, and whilst crawling around prone, I come across an option "Ignite object".

Thinking starting a fire and sleeping in front of it would be a logical way to recover after eating and drinking, I ignite the object and sleep near the fire.

A few hours later, the character was "awoken" by "blistering". I couldn't see a thing, and promptly died.

The cause of death? That "fire" I was sleeping by sparked a forest fire which (on my second game) I found appeared to have wiped out the forest...
At that point, I realised just how steep the learning curve can be  :D

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 01:05:00 pm »

Starving to death in a dried up murky pool you were spawned on for a random wolf encounter:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=50078.0

Level 0

GGGGGGG
GG~~~G
G~~~GG
G~G~GG
G~~~~G
GGGGGGG

The wolves are below me in the dried out pool. I am on the former island and now plateau. I could jump down there and kill all the wolves, but then how would I get out of the pool area. It's been 2 days and I'm running out of food. Praying for rain to drown the wolves and enable my novice swimmer skill to come into play....

Otherwise I'm screwed.

It's worse because there's a slight chance in hell I might make it out of there, but if it's a dry biome, I'm just screwed and hoping in vain. Glitchkill?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:07:46 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25