Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Most BS Deaths  (Read 156055 times)

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Re: Most BS Deaths
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2010, 02:31:28 pm »

Axedwarf versus 40d Giant Desert Scorpion.

Axedwarf hits GDS.
Axe gets stuck in wound.
Axedwarf twists.
GDS charges.
Axedwarf loses hold of axe!
GDS pulls out axe.
AXEDWARF IS BEATEN TO DEATH WITH HIS OWN FREAKING AXE!

WWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2010, 02:36:24 pm »

Axedwarf versus 40d Giant Desert Scorpion.

Axedwarf hits GDS.
Axe gets stuck in wound.
Axedwarf twists.
GDS charges.
Axedwarf loses hold of axe!
GDS pulls out axe.
AXEDWARF IS BEATEN TO DEATH WITH HIS OWN FREAKING AXE!

WWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

That isn't BS, that's awesome.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 03:04:40 am »

I think people forget that losing can be fun in adventure mode too. I just hate anti-climatic deaths, like being flash frozen in ice.
Meh.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2010, 06:24:23 am »

Agreed.

If my Ultra-Mighty, Superdwarvenly Tough Axedwarf is going to die, he's going to burst into flames being beaten to death by his own spleen. No from LOLWOLF attacks.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2010, 08:50:04 pm »

I had a swordsman with decent skills and a number of underground beast kills.  Some nearly harmless creature manages to hit him in the first toe, causing a compound fracture.  This one broken toe causes him so much pain that he keeps falling unconscious as I try to make my way somewhere I can travel from.  He falls down in front of a crundle mob, and they choke him to death.  Because he got a broken toe.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2010, 09:06:21 pm »

at least you didn't die from some horrible infection from that toe

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2010, 09:53:46 pm »

I was sent to kill these cyclopes at a cave, and several were wandering out outside.  I killed couple, but one went running away after being injured, so I took out after him following his blood trail.  I caught up with him and sometime during the fight he punched me in the head and fractured my skull, but I didn't notice it when it happened.  He ran off again and I chased after him down this hill.  Well, he was waiting at the very bottom, and when I came down the last ramp to the bottom of the hill I was instantly punched in the face, shattering my already fractured skull and killing my brain.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 09:36:22 am »

Gathering loot to purchase some better gear for a fresh adventurer, I go to a cave and find the motherlode.  Literally every tile outside the cave is littered with crafts, meat, plants, and pools of booze often 3 or 4 items to a tile.

I grab everything I can, and I'm about to leave to sell the loot and I get some boasting from a giant.  I figure, "Pfft. No big deal, it's just a giant.  I'm in full metal armor with a two handed sword, and she's naked.  Should just be a matter of a few slices."

I was wrong, obviously she became quite skilled in the time it took her to gather up all that garbage.  She dodges my swing, grabs me by the head and throws me across the map.  I explode and die.  I have no idea where I ended up, because she threw me so far that I can't see any explored areas around me.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 08:40:18 pm »

I spent about an hour in a forest killing random wildlife as an axedwarf.  Killed probably 40 groundhogs, 20 rhesus macque, a small pack of wolves and a VERY large pack of wolves (probably 8 or 9).  I was proud of that one.

Then I decided that the little island I was stuck on was a little boring.  Two dwarven mountainhomes and a dwarven dark tower.  So I picked a place close to the mainland and started swimming.

6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666[x80]
You have been encased in ice.

The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Geti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2010, 08:53:45 pm »

First time playing the new version taking on a bronze collosus and not knowing about the whole immortal thing. shattered the hell out of most of it, before it got a lucky roll in a broke my arm. shit got bad from there (it threw me off a cliff BY MY TOOTH, which ripped my tooth out in the process and resulted in me lying on the ground with a mangled leg and my broken arm bleeding everywhere while it pulled itself over to me (i think one of it's legs was crippled) and proceeded to break my everything.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2010, 02:25:24 am »

I got shot in the toe and bled to death...
My personality profile.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2010, 02:34:35 pm »

My lip got cut and I bled to death.

Beyond that, I've been encased in ice 5 times and melted in rain another 5 in the new version before the water temperature bug was fixed.

I was also recently slapped against a wall by a cyclops that I'd been torturing for several days. Not my best idea yet.

I think after the lip incident the most humiliating was being infected with some horrifying disease caused by Lost Adventurers and Mummies from the genesis mod (I'm not letting them exist in my game anymore, too common and too cheap.) Eventually my speed was reduced to 250 and I was eaten alive by ghouls unable to defend myself.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2010, 08:26:31 pm »

My lip got cut and I bled to death.

This is why I prefer 40d for adventurer mode.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2010, 09:02:41 pm »

I was playing a modded 40d awhile back and went to explore the icy wastes of the south, only to get trampled to death by mammoths after about a minute, with no way to escape since there were about 8 of them. I got a new adventurer, tried again, and promptly had my skull crushed by ANOTHER swarm of mammoths. :(
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2010, 09:04:58 pm »

I was playing a modded 40d awhile back and went to explore the icy wastes of the south, only to get trampled to death by mammoths after about a minute, with no way to escape since there were about 8 of them. I got a new adventurer, tried again, and promptly had my skull crushed by ANOTHER swarm of mammoths. :(

They're basically bigger, hairier elephants. Beware their fearsome crushing-you-to-death!

This is of course exactly what thrown piercing weapons are for. Magic Arrow + Overpowered Throwing = death.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25