Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Most BS Deaths  (Read 156057 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most BS Deaths
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2010, 09:07:36 pm »

I tried that with a couple spears the second time and got about 2 steps before becoming a grease stain on the tundra. They were surrounding me and one broke my leg with the first hit D:
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2010, 09:41:06 pm »

Fought a wandering demon in the forest with surprising ease. Though I did breathe in some of it's gas it didn't seem to affect me at all.....at first.

But some time later I noticed slight drop in my speed and my adventurer was in constant pain...after some time the constant vomiting and pus secretion started...and never stopped.

Tried for quite a while, traveling and sleeping a lot, but he eventually succumbed to dehydration. Damn, those random effects can be annoying, took out all the fun too.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2010, 01:21:51 am »

Did you die of dehydration despite your drinking a lot or were you in some sort of hellish wasteland?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2010, 10:57:16 am »

Fortress rather than adventure mode, but I've embarked on a map with a resident bronze colossus on it before. Fun happened extremely swiftly.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2010, 06:59:55 pm »

Did you die of dehydration despite your drinking a lot or were you in some sort of hellish wasteland?
Nope, ate and drank just fine...even slept outside in the rain once. But I guess It eventually got worst and worst (maybe a fever? just how do you know that specific effect?).

Fortress rather than adventure mode, but I've embarked on a map with a resident bronze colossus on it before. Fun happened extremely swiftly.
It was probably just being nice and neighbourly because you were new to the neighbourhood (it probably even brought cake)...but you were a meanie and locked yourself in totally ignoring it...and it was very moody.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2010, 07:06:29 pm »

Nope, ate and drank just fine...even slept outside in the rain once. But I guess It eventually got worst and worst (maybe a fever? just how do you know that specific effect?).

Sounds like diarrhea killed you.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2010, 07:10:51 pm »

I was walking over a frozen sea when suddenly I was encased in ice. I savescummed and tried to avoid the large chunks of ice that were spontaneously freezing on the sea surface. Each time they cornered me and I was killed. To be entirely clear.

I WAS AMBUSHED AND KILLED BY A FREAKIN' GLACIER!

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2010, 07:18:38 pm »

Alas, so did the Titanic...

Diarrhea?....No......just no...(though sleeping in my own blood, vomit and pus didn't really make it any better.)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2010, 07:20:23 pm »

Alas, so did the Titanic...

Diarrhea?....No......just no...(though sleeping in my own blood, vomit and pus didn't really make it any better.)

Well, you did have an epic fever. And cholera did kill via dehydration that way.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2010, 07:26:21 pm »

I was walking over a frozen sea when suddenly I was encased in ice. I savescummed and tried to avoid the large chunks of ice that were spontaneously freezing on the sea surface. Each time they cornered me and I was killed. To be entirely clear.

Were you trying to get on top of it?
I had this same problem every time I tried to cross this one sea as an adventurer. Until I realized the landmass was connected only a few tiles down and it was just a bay.  :'(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2010, 08:08:58 pm »

Were you trying to get on top of it?
I had this same problem every time I tried to cross this one sea as an adventurer. Until I realized the landmass was connected only a few tiles down and it was just a bay.  :'(

I was on top of the ice sheet, the weird thing was that 1 z level high blocks would gen in huge chunks (64 by 64 I'm guessing) on top of the layer where I was walking which was at sea level. There wasn't even any water where I was standing, a glacier just genned where I was standing and BAM, herosicle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2010, 09:18:19 pm »

That's an interesting bug. Ice geysers of death.
I make Spellcrafts!

Talmanaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2010, 02:04:22 pm »

I went ahead as my adventurer and explored a cave for once.

one of the first things that attacked me, was a mummy.
it breathed it's fly breath on my, then I killed it.
after awhile I suddenly came down with a fever, and kept vomiting.

due to said fever I got several broken bones from some troglodytes, and soon couldn't walk, than got eaten by a large (not giant!!) rat :/

stupid fevers :'(

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2010, 07:07:46 pm »

What mod are you playing?
and where can I get it?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2010, 08:48:43 pm »

What mod are you playing?
and where can I get it?

genesis mod. I stripped my copy down to it's most basic and am only using the modded civilized races (but default entity definitions) and new plants and healthcare buildings, but nothing else.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25