Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]

Author Topic: Stalker Series  (Read 84792 times)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stalker Series
« Reply #780 on: September 20, 2014, 10:52:31 am »

MSO is great for making the game better, but doesn't add anything other than much better AI. OWR or Arsenal mod for sweet guns.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 20, 2014, 01:28:46 pm »

Does anyone have any mod recommendations for Stalker Call of Pripyat? Misery seems to be popular. Other mods seem to have been released in 2011-2012.
Cromm Cruac's absolute and atmosfear mods for graphically enhanced vanilla gameplay
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:33:18 pm by TripJack »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 21, 2014, 07:25:15 am »

Thanks guys. Would I be right to assume you can't use multiple mods at once? I really like the mod that contains more guns.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 21, 2014, 09:02:50 am »

Depends on the mods. From what I recall Complete is pretty friendly with other stuff as long as the other stuff doesn't also do a lot of UI/scripting changes of the base items and game. The other ones I'm mostly unfamiliar with, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 21, 2014, 12:35:09 pm »

A good resource for stalker mods

http://www.moddb.com/members/davidme

I'd recommend SGM 2.1 or 2.2, they both have extra weapons, upgraded artifacts, new missions and areas as well as better alife.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 26, 2017, 07:58:32 am »

Developers cut of Lost Alpha has been released.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

As before, it is a stand alone mod so the original game isn't needed. A good way to try Stalker for the few that haven't played it.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 26, 2017, 08:30:55 am »

Developers cut of Lost Alpha has been released.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

As before, it is a stand alone mod so the original game isn't needed. A good way to try Stalker for the few that haven't played it.

I actually felt this necro. It's as if a thousand threads cried out and were suddenly silenced. Good on ya though, this is a moment that's actually worth a necro.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 26, 2017, 08:09:17 pm »

Also, there's also the Call of Chernobyl mod, which ports all the maps and stages of SoC into the Call of Pripyat engine and gives you free play, letting you explore anywhere and start up faction wars and all that. It's a new take on old grounds if you liked stomping around the first iteration of the Zone.

It's got various add-ons, too, so don't be afraid to mod your mod a little.

I don't think it's just SoC. I know I've seen videos of people poking around the Clear Sky camp and some of the alpha areas. Think it's every single thing they could get their hands on, and possibly a few maps of their own making atop that.

It's a really impressive mod, to be honest. The mod mods only make it better.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 07, 2017, 09:06:26 pm »

Grabbed the STCoP Weapon pack too, which is neato, but claims that the AI gets inaccurate with them are not entirely unfounded. Apparently, a little tweak of the hit_probability values in actor.ltx can bring their accuracy back up to reasonable levels, it's a little late for me to confirm that right now.

I just reinstalled Call of Chernobyl today and decided to add STCoP and I've been wondering why the AI suddenly starting aiming like it had cataracts. Good to know that it's an actual bug since I couldn't really be bothered to look it up myself after spending 30ish minutes getting the mod setup.

Edit: woops necro.

By the by, here's an addon that promises to fix the AI in STCoP's pike&shot level of accuracy.

Edit 2: The above addon doesn't seem to work for me, but that isn't all that surprising since I borked my install by putting STCoP over AO. Good thing I made a backup before I installed any addons because as it turns out, I'm pretty bad at this modding thing.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:27:51 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]