Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you use graphical tileset or simplified character tileset in your DF?

I use graphical tileset
I satisfied only by characters in my game

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.31.15] ¤ Gold Plated tileset by DrD_AVEL ¤  (Read 52563 times)

Blobbus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ¤ Gold Plated tileset by DrD_AVEL ¤
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 09:27:55 pm »

Regarding modifications to the raws specifically, what should I edit to see it the way it's intended to be seen? I know that it'll require removing the accented letters from the language raws, and most of it looks drop-in-and-go, but are there other modifications I need to make to, for example, the plant, animal, and stone raws? Or is there a place I can obtain the raws pre-edited? I'm no stranger to working with the raws, so I can generally modify what needs to be modified manually if need be, but seeing as this tileset looks fantastic, I'd much rather be playing with it in game, rather than in the raws. :)

DrD_AVEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent jeweler
    • View Profile
Re: ¤ Gold Plated tileset by DrD_AVEL ¤ (updated)
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 07:41:57 am »

...but are there other modifications I need to make to, for example, the plant, animal, and stone raws? Or is there a place I can obtain the raws pre-edited?...
I do not understand English very well, but as I understand, you want to change your raws for this tileset.
You can edit raw files and compare some tiles with game objects. For example, if u wanna change graphic of toad from green dot to drawn tile from tileset, then you need to open file creature_amphibians.txt , find there section named [CREATURE:TOAD] and change value of [TILE:249] to [TILE:138].

If I made a mistake somewhere - tell me.

P.s. Tileset is updated to v2.0. Try it and say how it is.

Jonesman64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 06:15:38 pm »

I cant seem to get this tile set to work. All the text comes out blurry... especially in the starting menu (I cant read any thing) I'll try to take a screen shot so I can show what I mean. I tried editing the resolution but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Here is a screen shot that I took:

*sorry if the pick is a lil big... thought I should get as much in there as possible.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 08:23:48 pm »

It looks like the tileset is not in a format the program can read. Ask someone what format your tileset should be in, then go convert the files.

I could be wrong. It would help if you gave detailed information, such as what tileset you are trying to use and what format the files are in.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:26:08 pm by The Architect »
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Jonesman64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 08:39:39 pm »

I'm trying to use this Gold Plated one.. It seems I have to change some of the raws but... I don't know which ones I need to change... Anyway.. I have them in the 24-bit bmp that the wiki says to use.

CrazyTim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 10:14:58 pm »

This tileset seems pretty cool. I think I might have to use it.

Thanks.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 10:07:20 pm »

The tiles are identical (in what they represent, not literally) to Mayday's graphics set, so those raws should work correctly.

Also, the first (upper left) tile should be 100% transparent, so that the intro movie works correctly.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

MagicGuigz

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 10:17:34 pm »

This is SO gorgeous.  It just feels dwarven.

Fantastic.

But... Why are the dwarves drawn at a 90 degrees angle?  I'll change it in my own file, but it just doesn't seem natural.

Other than that it's really, truly awesome.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 08:14:51 am »

I'm trying to use this Gold Plated one.. It seems I have to change some of the raws but... I don't know which ones I need to change... Anyway.. I have them in the 24-bit bmp that the wiki says to use.
Not the raws.  data/init/init.txt.  The artwork needs to be in data/art.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:56 pm »

But... Why are the dwarves drawn at a 90 degrees angle?  I'll change it in my own file, but it just doesn't seem natural.
Because it uses graphics and these tiles are not used. However these tiles are used when the dwarf is "dead", so you see a dwarf laying on his side. Clever, eh?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MagicGuigz

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 07:14:00 pm »

Because it uses graphics and these tiles are not used. However these tiles are used when the dwarf is "dead", so you see a dwarf laying on his side. Clever, eh?

Well, it might be because I'm using 40d19 but all my living dwarves appear like that.

Screenshot:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 07:17:39 pm »

And engravings still show up like that.  Still, it is clever - it's just that it's limited by the current graphics system (which will be improved later on, I'm sure)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 02:02:10 am »

Well, it might be because I'm using 40d19 but all my living dwarves appear like that.

Screenshot:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not 40d19, you just don't have graphics assigned to your dwarves.

And engravings still show up like that.
Yeah, but I play with show engravings off because I like a smooth look of walls.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 05:13:36 am »

I HATE dwarf images lying down. It doesn't even look dead, just rotated. It looks better not to try it at all (i.e. get it right or don't do it).
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 07:51:12 pm »

This is a gorgeous tileset. Looking forward to the 2010 version
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5