Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Preventing <animal>splosion

(1/2) > >>

Danjen:
So, locking animals in cages prevents pathing and FPS issues. However, if I recall they won't become pregnant inside the cage, though they can still give birth. What I want to do is have all my female animals (or a number of them) chained up, so they can keep birthing, but have my male animals locked in cages, waiting to be butchered.

The problem with this is that when assigning animals to cages (via the cage 'q' menu), you can't see animal gender ... is there an easy way to determine the gender of them so I can segregate them easier?

darthbob88:
Best method I know of is playing with the raws; the [SPECNAME] token allows you to set a specific name for certain instances, like, say, male creatures get their own name. Used the format [SPECNAME:MALE:male animal:male animals:male animal], where the last three are "name singular":"name plural":"adjective form".

Wiki

Danjen:
Okay, so I just change the raws so it says Dog (M) or Dog (F) or something, huh? Will the male/female symbols work okay?

caknuck:

--- Quote from: Danjen on February 12, 2010, 10:39:32 pm ---Okay, so I just change the raws so it says Dog (M) or Dog (F) or something, huh? Will the male/female symbols work okay?

--- End quote ---

Or just change the female to "bitch" and you'll be good.

darthbob88:

--- Quote from: Danjen on February 12, 2010, 10:39:32 pm ---Okay, so I just change the raws so it says Dog (M) or Dog (F) or something, huh? Will the male/female symbols work okay?

--- End quote ---
Should, they work just fine with cows and bulls. Haven't yet tried it myself, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version