Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Island Adventure!  (Read 23138 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Island Adventure!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 12:44:07 am »

Grey will try to find a pair of glasses, some sort of glass bottle or flashlight.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 12:46:07 am »

Eating is automatic, unless you attempt to starve yourselves to conserve food.
Also, I'm going to have to treat people like villagers, and idle them if there isn't a "group function", if they don't post their turn.
In addition fruits rot in 2 days but roots last for 1 week.

Strife, there's nothing modern on the island, I can tell you that now. If you can get a smelter or something you can make glasses, but you can't find anything useful.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 12:56:09 am »

Oh, and by the way. Could someone come up with a decent formula that will start at 100 xp and increase faster and faster but then slower and slower? Population things - I forgot what they were, but they were like (M-x)Ae^kt or something like that - are capped, which I don't want. Logs don't increase faster and faster at the beginning, and they decrease way too fast...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 02:40:35 am »

Islander: Nanoth
Job: 'Builder'

Gather Stones -> Build Circle with stones -> Place Twigs and moss inmiddle of stone ring -> Look for Flint baring rock -> Strike Flint baring rock against another -> Make fire...

Actually, lets just go with Gather Stones...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 03:15:35 am »

Light wood on fire.

Melt sand into glass.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 09:39:24 am »

Gather rocks. Let's build a place to smelt copper!

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 09:55:47 am »

functions can also be presented by only diagrams, so you might just wanna draw a grid on a sheet and then plot your graphical funtion there. it's the easiest way, and you just have to read from that curve. it's really so much easier than fiddling with parametres...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 10:15:57 am »

Gather some fish.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 10:38:21 am »

Fine myself some fibrous leaves to make a rope, along with two straight sticks and a dry log. I'm making a fire drill.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 11:25:07 am »

Kadzar spends all day trying to build a 5-man hut. This hut requires 200 kg of wood. Kadzar manages to build 16% of it, using 32 kg of wood. He gains 32 xp in building.
Commander Cool gets 5 kg of wood and attempts to make glass. A foolish expression on his face, he rubs two sticks together gleefully. He plans to hold the sand over the fire, knowing that he will magically not get grievously burned. Unfortunately, he can't make fire and accidentally pokes himself in the eye.
Commander Cool has gained a level in Noble!
Commander Cool has gained a level in Blind!
Nirur sets out to gather rocks. Over 16 hours, he manages to gather 32 kg of rocks. He gets 32 xp in gathering.
Org wants to fish, but he has no implements with which to do so. He decides to gather fruit instead. He gets 4.8 kg of fruit and 48 gathering xp. 2 xp left!
Strife gets 2 kg of wood from the wood pile and finds some leaves from the fruit. He spends 2 hours weaving a yard-long rope. He wraps it around a stick, ties the ends to notches in another stick (making a bow), and puts the whole thing on a log. He holds it down with a 1-kg rock. Working strenuously for 1 hour, he manages to start a crackling fire. He spends the 13 hours he has left napping.

Between the 5 of you, you eat 15 meals of .5 kg fruit, or 7.5 kg. Warning: You do not have enough fruit to sustain yourself tomorrow! You will be forced to gather more, or start rationing.

On a nearby island, a lonely islander named Nanoth laments his plight. "We have no food! If only I could go to another island... I have this raft and all, too! But the other islands probably don't have food either. Well, it's sure lucky that I have this magical food-sensing telekinetic power that works only in very limited situations, because if another island gets a good surplus of food, I'll be able to lead immigrants there! ...sigh... it probably won't happen, though. But a man can dream, right?"

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 11:29:48 am »

Okay, Grey will set up the fire area so that there is enough wood nearby to feed the fire. He'll keep the blaze pretty small. Then he'll go look for a straight stick and start to sharpen it with a rock. Once it's got a point, he'll fire harden it.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 11:31:34 am »

Org goes to find materials for a fishing rod.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 11:33:30 am »

Nirur will hunt small game and poultry with rocks. If he is successful, he will skin it and cook the meat. He will then create a sling from the skin, and gather roots with any time he has left. If he is unsuccessful at hunting after four hours, he will gather more roots.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:41:18 pm by Nirur Torir »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 11:44:57 am »

Kadzar will gather more wood.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 12:07:31 pm »

Okay, Grey will set up the fire area so that there is enough wood nearby to feed the fire. He'll keep the blaze pretty small. Then he'll go look for a straight stick and start to sharpen it with a rock. Once it's got a point, he'll fire harden it.
A lot of this stuff is unnecessary. Inside your base, you have a quantum unobtainium magick blood ritual hoverport that lets you transport materials anywhere within it. As long as you have enough wood, the fire will burn. Also, the blaze has a minimum size of 3 kg per hour, but you could let it go out and restart it.

Also, guys. You need to have backup actions. A spear takes 1 hour, max. Fishing rod - you already have wood. Making it might take an hour. If you don't make backups, you'll sit around and starve.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22