Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Island Adventure!  (Read 23128 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Island Adventure!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 12:12:38 am »

Grey makes a small fire pit. This protects the fire from small flooding. You can also cook things on spits and such now. He also makes a hardened wooden spear, and plays on the beach for about 12 hours.
Org build a fishing pole and a string attached to it. Not knowing how to make a hook, he sleeps for 15 hours.
Nirur throws rocks at the local pigeons. He manages to kill two in 8 hours! He tries to skin it, but he has nothing to use. He just rips the skin off haphazardly and cooks the meat over the fire for an hour, making 1 kg of cooked meat (worth double rations). He needs better tools to make a sling, and dried mammal leather, not just small scraps of bird skin. He then gathers roots for 5 hours, finding 1 kg of roots.
Kadzar gathers wood all day, finding 32 kg of wood.
Commander Cool does nothing.

You are short 2 kg of wood. The fire goes out.
The people eat 6.7 kg of fruit and .4 kg of bird meat.

Something comes in the night, the fire long gone, and steals .3 kg of bird meat!

OOC: Web, I'm not saying your ideas are bad. It's just that you need to start small and work on things like finding enough food before trying to make technological leaps into glassworking.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 12:20:59 am »

Build a spear.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 12:21:52 am »

That will take you one hour, dude. If you don't pick up the slack and just sleep for 15 hours again, you will starve.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 12:22:59 am »

Eat

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 12:24:32 am »

Kadzar will collect wood like there is no tomorrow.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 12:26:02 am »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 12:31:42 am »

Eat
aaaaaaargh
I think he means we need more food. You might want to consider hunting once you have your spear made.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 02:25:27 am »

Grey will take his newfound spear and go fishing. He's going to be careful not to go too deep and will avoid anything lion or jelly like. He'll also note the terrain of the island (an atoll and lagoon, right?).

Once he's gotten a couple of fish, he'll take them back and cook them via spit. It's not pretty, but one can avoid cleaning problems if you're just willing to pick bones out of your cooked fish.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 02:46:09 am »

Uh, sure. An atoll and a lagoon.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 09:50:38 am »

Nirur will gather fruit for 8 hours. He will then attempt to create an atl-atl. If there aren't proper plants on the island for atl-atl making, he will just make a normal spear. Remaining time will be spent building a stone granary to protect the food.

Hey, everybody: Spend at least 6 hours a day gathering fruit/roots, so we won't starve and will have enough surplus to attract immigrants.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 10:14:22 am »

Forage for food.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 10:31:02 am »

Heal eyes with magic, or medical equivalent.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 11:43:59 am »

They'll heal on their own if you don't touch them. Maybe put some ice on it, but you don't have ice. Seawater?
Look, man, you really should stop posting silly posts. I mean, magic? You know very well that's not the spirit of the game.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 11:48:02 am »

Webadict, try healing your eye with a sharp rock.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 11:58:15 am »

That's why I said medical equivalent! Freak the flip out, will ya?

What am I supposed to do while blind? How about this? I scream at other to do magic. Better, kid? Or are you gonna be a pansy and be a negative Nancy boy? Or, I summon forth the great god of fire to do my bidding. Or I'll gather sand and attempt to unblind myself by re-blinding myself, which therefore cancels out. Or, would you rather I go back in time to stop myself from blinding myself in the first place?

My God, learn to have a little sense, humor, or frickin' patience. Did I assume my character would be smart enough to find a container to melt sand into? Yes, I did. Did I assume you'd be smart enough to assume such a thing? Yes, I did. But, one of those assumptions is wrong, and I can tell you that most people would know that fire is hot.

So, instead of being a moron or whining like a baby, have some common sense and think.

What are you, two?

Webadict, try healing your eye with a sharp rock.
... That's just crazy enough to work!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22