Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

So yeah, sieges are boring to me

(1/3) > >>

Plastik:
Not because i'm good at handling them, just had my first siege in fact. My fortress has one entrance with a drawbridge over a channel, if I raise it..the goblin siege simply stops. They chill where they are until they end up leaving. So the only way I can do anything with a siege so that it actually seems threatening is to lower my drawbridge and send a military unit after them, making my defense measures basically pointless. So yeah kinda ruined the whole point.  :-[

Dwarf:

--- Quote from: Plastik on February 13, 2010, 07:07:14 am ---Not because i'm good at handling them, just had my first siege in fact. My fortress has one entrance with a drawbridge over a channel, if I raise it..the goblin siege simply stops. They chill where they are until they end up leaving. So the only way I can do anything with a siege so that it actually seems threatening is to lower my drawbridge and send a military unit after them, making my defense measures basically pointless. So yeah kinda ruined the whole point.  :-[

--- End quote ---

The secret is to close the drawbridge in the right moment. Also, you can simply chain a puppy or similar next to the drawbridge. The gobbos will want to slaughter it, walking into your forest of crossbow bolts.

Plastik:
brilliant, also decided to build a hallway of death leading to the bridge that will contain cage traps and go right by my marksdwarves and ballista. So hopefully things will get interesting on the next seige

tomas1297:

--- Quote from: Plastik on February 13, 2010, 08:38:01 am ---cage traps

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Plastik on February 13, 2010, 08:38:01 am ---interesting

--- End quote ---

Lolwut?It'll only make things more boring.The goblins will just walk into them and...Here.The siege ended.Congratulations.

EvilTwin:

* get the Dig Deeper mod (farming - or better, a lack of it - does often kill off your fortress, also, more magma-safe stones and ORCS ;) )
* build an orc frying device

Spoiler: like this one from my current fort (click to show/hide)basically just a 4-tile-wide magma moat, on one end floor grates above, on the other end open space, through which the pumps inbetween pump the magma up to the long magma-death corridor... i think you can get how such a thing works...
* ???
* profit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version