Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Easy way to share sites within the same world with other  (Read 390 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Easy way to share sites within the same world with other
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:25:00 pm »

We have seeds that let us share interesting worlds.  Those are fun.

The thing is, unless I'm missing it, there's no easy way to share sites within the same world.  That's a shame.  If I find an interesting site, it could be fun to post it here -- people often try it now, but they have to give very vague directions, or give a save to after the fortress is started (not as fun.)  You can found, abandon, and upload a save for reclaiming, but still, that isn't really the same either.

It would be nice if there were some code (like the seed) we could share with each other that, when entered, selects the exact same area as before.  So, I could say "Hey, check out this fortress -- seed XYZ, location ABC!"  And we could hold a challenge to see who does the most interesting thing there, or who can survive the longest against the horrible hordes I've uncovered, or whatever.

Just a thought...

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Easy way to share sites within the same world with other
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:58:00 pm »

Take a look at the Wiki page on Utilities, in particular, the Latitudes tool. It's really not a cheat, just a location display.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.