Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Suggestion of gargantum proportions

(1/2) > >>

Munchkin9:
(Not really Just wanted to get your attention)I have something else that would be a great improvement for soldiers:
If they pulled levers that they are stationed near (like 1 or 2 tiles near)
this would let you put "sentries" or "operators" near important levers (defenses, water control, etc) that would need to be pulled immediately and not wait for a dwarf to actually get there.Just a suggestion-Munchkin

Capntastic:
Thank you for the misleading threadtitle.Anyways, this idea isn't so bad.

Neskiairti:
actually to expand on that.. there should be an 'operator' job.. to be designated like a soldier job.. station him some where.. and put a field over the area with zoning.. reason for this.. would be so that he wouldnt just go to any lever you pull.. only the ones in the field hes standing in (or you might get a dwarf traveling 200 miles across the map to pull a lever, cause he queued up the job before the operator next to the job did since he was scratching his beard very intently)

Ancient Whale:
I suggest that the levers be operated more like siege engines and less like buildings. Maybe there should be another job, "Lever Operating", so you can designate specific dwarves to pull levers and not get your legendary armorer in a potentially dangerous situation. Then you could have the option like siege engines to "ready" the lever, making a dwarf with the appropriate job designation stand on the lever, ready to pull. Then when you are ready, you can pull(unlike the siege engines, they would only pull once, then they would either stand and be ready to pull again or leave the lever depending on your orders).

The Chemist:
I just resolve this by having levers located in high-pop areas and keep straight which levers act on what.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version