Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #7: Feedback  (Read 45302 times)

mallocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #7: Feedback
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 05:47:59 pm »

Have we thanked Mallocks yet? Thanks, Mallocks!

No problem.

typo in transcript "but that disappear" should be "but they disappear"
kobold repeatedly misspelled "kobald"
"fel moods" should be "fell moods"

Noted, thanks.

"hawk" it sounds like they said "hork" (no, I'm not entirely sure what it means either, but hawk would be 'hawking your wares'

Regional slang, wiktionary informs me. Noted.

Minor omissions: "Alright here's one; 'How much natural selection" should have "from LASD"

I tend to omit attributions unless I'm convinced on capitalisation and spelling; I'll assume you're right.

"not something that needs to keep happening ..." at the "..." add "even with the dwarves" (with some punctuation)
similarly, after "peas in one pod," should be "and have them taught there"

Noted.

Thanks, couldn't figure those out for the life of me.

Noted.

I agree with your assessment. There are actually words missing all over the transcript, sometimes I omit whole parts of sentences that get abandoned half way through to assist readability.

And I think I'll give that one a miss.

Cheers for all the notes, I'll get the new version sent off to Toady at some point in the near future.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 05:55:05 pm »

Thank you for another podcast, guys! I love what you're doing and it has become my regular montly drug. I originally wanted to whine a bit, but Footkerchief has already expressed my exact words. Yeah, but even though I already knew most of the artifact stuff, I enjoyed listening to it. You're funny and good to listen to  ;)

By the way, when I first hears Ollies' music (couple of moths ago), I thought it was a new piece from Toady. Ollieh, you've got the style precisely right, amazing job!

All in all, thanks for a sunny sunday!

Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 06:02:13 pm »

I agree with your assessment. There are actually words missing all over the transcript, sometimes I omit whole parts of sentences that get abandoned half way through to assist readability.
Yeah, I didn't mark any of the times they repeated phrases, fragments of sentences, etc., or any stammers, only things where I thought some actual content was missed.

And no, I'm not really able to identify who's the interlocutor in those cases where you left it marked as such.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 08:05:14 pm »

My head exploded at the very end.
!!&!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 08:21:28 pm »

Nice talk, but not quite as beyond quality as the previous ones actually. There was some great stuf in the middle, but I found there were a lot of rather slow sections towards the ends. To much stuff everyone already knows and of-topicness.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 08:27:00 pm »

^ Pretty much my thoughts, main reason to why I was disappointed when artifacts won.

Anyway, it was nice to know some special bits, namely the possible future uses for souls.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:33 pm »

Quality wise this Fortress talk was right on the money

Content wise my expectations were too great. I am somewhat disillusioned and very disapointed but I realise that I am being unfair.

I don't feel particularly more informed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 10:29:26 pm »

I'm rather disappointed. I was surprised this was chosen as a topic at all, what with the other much more interesting topics up. It's also rather sad that everything that was covered was stuff we already knew. There was little to nothing about how the new semi-artifacts will work or be tracked or anything about the new soul  system and future plans for it. Its really kind of annoying that the new, interesting stuff was glossed over for the stuff that pretty much everyone already knows. It was funny as usual and nice to hear toady and the guys talk again, but in terms of actual new and interesting info it was pretty vacant.

/hopefully constructive criticism

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 10:37:57 pm »

Okay, okay!  Will you guys feel better if I get a bonus talk about the future of artifacts from Toady, assuming it's okay with him?
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 10:47:48 pm »

NO!

(yes)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 12:05:45 am »

Okay, okay!  Will you guys feel better if I get a bonus talk about the future of artifacts from Toady, assuming it's okay with him?
Yeah, but don't feel bullied into it. The podcast was fine; the only problem was that the questions asked were mostly known thanks to the wiki. However, a lot of the info on the wiki was inferred, not confirmed, and it was nice to see confirmation and clarification.

The realization that the new version might be out before #8 is just too mindblowing to comprehend. There's obviously a very (very) good chance #8 will come first, but we're at least at a stage where we can say it might not.

heavy_metal41

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 02:24:08 am »

YES

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 08:00:00 am »

;D
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 09:56:25 am »

I am actually surprised (because I didn't read the other responses before posting) that other people shared my viewpoint of learning next to nothing.

If it isn't a bother by all means Id love to see a bonus talk. Though I am sure I can survive without one. I am already over the lack of new information.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 10:12:51 am »

I'm sure I'd enjoy listening to it, but I don't feel the need for closure on the topic or anything.  There are still plenty of other topics to explore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6