Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: adventurer skills  (Read 617 times)

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
adventurer skills
« on: May 21, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

I know that its already in the devlist, but I play exclusively in adventure mode, and working on this next would give me and fellow adventurers much more to do. A question though, will the skills work down to the point that they do in fortress mode? Im wondering if i could mine out a space to smith new equipment. And will it be possible for an adventurer to create artifacts?

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: adventurer skills
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

I believe that's the eventual plan, yes. 'Whatever you can do in Fortress Mode you will be able to do in Adventure Mode' is the line often spouted.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:40:00 pm »

It's called the "Adventurer's Skills ARC" and it's a pretty big thing.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 09:04:00 pm »

right, i know it's an arc, i'm just hoping it will be implemented soon, but i almost forgot to mention i think that moving on the travel map should not fill your hunger and thirst, forcing you to perform survival tasks. Maybe you could be moved to the local map when you have the need, that or an auto-fill where you just get a notification on the travel screen.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 09:26:00 pm »

Right, there's a lot of things that should be implemented soon, but they can't all be done at once.   Patience is important.   I don't think it's too far off, considering the Army Arc is making good progress and after that Toady'll probably to the Presentation Arc.   I think Aardvark Skills arc is probably the next logical choice.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

....aardvark...hmm well im just tryin to get myself excited for what df will be in two years. And the presentation arc is definitely more important at this point. It may even encourage me to start a fortress.