Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playing with the raws  (Read 1098 times)

dav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Playing with the raws
« on: September 02, 2006, 11:13:00 am »

So after reading peoples' lurid tales of adding rabbits of Caerbannog and giant playable goblins to the game, I went to hack the raws.  I toyed around with making sheep and few other small animals (none of which have shown up yet), but the tags are a bit confusing.  I don't suppose there's a resource out there that explains which do what?  Specifically, I would *love* to have shearable sheep - or at least, extracable sheep with wool, which can be loomed and then made into things.  Granted, this isn't truly a dwarven thing, but hey.  Dyed wool is infinitely cooler than dyed pig tail cloth.  (Assuming dye ever makes it out of bloat.)

Uh . . . help?  I can see cows have extracables that are cookable (or something - DF is on my other computer.)  Is there a loomable command?  

Any of the rawing people want to do a wiki?  I'd love you forever . . .

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Playing with the raws
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 11:40:00 am »

Unfortunately, extracting milk and such at workshops appears to be hard-coded and even if you added the same [milkable:33333] tag as on the milkable vermin, your dwarves would refuse to milk it anyway. Atleast that was the case for me.

Maybe certain extracts can be taken via butcher after death like snakeman venom, but I doubt you'd want to kill a sheep to get wool (which would probably be refused as a cloth at the loom anyway since there are no animal extracts used there).

Certainly hope we get more moddable content in the future (like wrestling moves and workshop tasks).

dav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Playing with the raws
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 03:27:00 pm »

Damn.  Thanks for the confirmation, though.