Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Named Megabeasts  (Read 540 times)

Ancient_Sleeping_Dude_Rei

Named Megabeasts
« on: August 29, 2006, 10:01:00 am »

Dragons. Demons. Titans. Colossuses. All very nice, but here's a wicked idea. Take all the really old board members, toady, zonk, TT, Kurtulmak and more, and Dwarf Fortrenize their names. So you could have Kurtulmak the Extra powerful Kobold King. Zonk The Elderly Wizard, Saranani (threetoe) the Dragon! Splegur the Imp! (doom3 imp, not D&D imp :P)

Having these foes pop up in adventure mode would add extra challenge and loot. Speak to a villager, learn about the demon overlord Ngusnog Toxu (Toady One) whom was encased in 3 layers of adamantine in the mountain, because he was too powerful to be held by 1 mere layer.

Each forum-named creature could have some standard bonus like +1 size or higher if its a really small creature, I mean, a +1 size kobold like kurtulmak wouldn't be that more challenging. And then giving them rare items, like the Toady One demon might be carrying the two handed obsidian sword named Codér. Zonk the wizard could be carrying loot that is one quality level higher on each equipment piece compared to a normal wizard (has anyone seen those btw?).

Please respond with a bit more than "this sucks!" or "this is good yo!". Thanks

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Named Megabeasts
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:33:00 am »

I'M NOT REALLY OLD! I'm just a..umh..mature collaborator. Having said that, that isn't so bad an iea, though it should be done as an easter egg and the beasts's power should be personalized.
My namesake might bore dwarves to death by making enormous rants about how many things could be improved and "Ngusnog Toxu"(but why not just "The Toad One?")could have a special attack that...makes the game crash. think about it.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 11:51:00 am »

Aww, how mean  :( Implying that these fine fellas should (could) be killed for loot.

There should be an NPC dwarven feast hall where they all gather and tell you about the old days.

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »

Sounds kind of tacky...