Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sort furniture placement menu by quality  (Read 833 times)

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
Sort furniture placement menu by quality
« on: November 21, 2007, 08:01:00 pm »

See title. When placing furniture buildings (beds etc.) it would be nice if the condensed menu was sorted by material and quality. Using masterpiece furniture in common workers' bedrooms seems to annoy nobles and makes it really hard for dwarves to afford housing once the economy starts, but there's no way to avoid placing masterpiece furniture without opening up the expanded menu and scrolling through every single piece of furniture available.

Lexicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sort furniture placement menu by quality
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:17:00 am »

Ditto on this, or at least show the <furniture> quality in the list with the distance and amount, so you can pick the fancy furniture for dwarves who require fancy rooms.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 12:33:00 am »

You guys are aware that, by hitting X (I think), you can expand the list and select anything manually..?

However, I'd be happy to have an option to sort items by quality instead of travel time too.  :)

I am on a hot streak... literally.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 09:06:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire:
<STRONG>You guys are aware that, by hitting X (I think), you can expand the list and select anything manually..?
</STRONG>

From the OP:

quote:
but there's no way to avoid placing masterpiece furniture without opening up the expanded menu and scrolling through every single piece of furniture available.  

Anyway, I agree, it'd definately be nice to be able to give my nobles all the high quality stuff without going through everything. I mean, it's not like I care how far away a piece of furniture is, anyway (I store mine all in one big stockpile.)

Lexicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 11:35:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire:
<STRONG>You guys are aware that, by hitting X (I think), you can expand the list and select anything manually..?

However, I'd be happy to have an option to sort items by quality instead of travel time too.   :)</STRONG>

I am now!