Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Game Idea: Army Commander  (Read 3058 times)

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
Re: Game Idea: Army Commander
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 09:19:24 pm »

OK I'm just going to point out the fact that, I would also enjoy it if the battles were Like the Total War engine but more in depth. I loved that about Total War, Because in like civilization 4 when I was playing the "Odds" system always had flaws, such as when a TANK lost to a squad of cavemen, WHEN THE FUCK WOULD THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 09:27:47 pm »

Hey, in your game you should have battle trains and/or buses. That would be the most awesome thing ever.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 04:28:16 pm »

Anyway, I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad about this, but I'll just post it here: I do, in fact, have another videogame idea. This one isn't half as complicated as Army Commander, but it seems interesting to me. I'm a bit sad about this because I think this is indicative of an attention span which becomes intensely fixated on an idea for a short time, then my interest quickly wanes when I think up something new, where the cycle then repeats. The idea isn't even fully formed, but it's caught my attention, and I may spend Saturday writing about it.

Now, before my interest in thinking about Army Commander evaporates completely, I'll update this today with a summation of the rest of the mechanics.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 07:20:04 pm »

Ok guys, I devoted the last day and a half to writing a couple more pages for this idea, and I'm done. The idea is done, and I can't believe how big I made it. If you notice on the first post, I broke the character limit and I was forced to continue on the next post. That's crazy, I've only done that once before.

I hope you like it, it's +9000 words and +50,000 characters.

Now, before I write my next idea, I'll need a break.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 07:33:26 pm »

Whilst I'm terrible at critic, and I haven't read the whole thing yet, I am excellent at mindless praise.

So. What I've read so far sounds like a fantastic idea, and I'd love to play a game like this.
Pages: 1 2 [3]