Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Guitar squad question  (Read 1716 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Guitar squad question
« on: February 04, 2010, 02:45:25 pm »

Hi guys, there's something I've been wondering about...

We all know that guitar squad is one of the best strategies there is. But is it possible/feasible to take out CCS safehouses by the power of music (I have beat the game once with guitars but the CCS never became active...)? Or is violent action necessary to get rid of them?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Guitar squad question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:18:33 pm »

I believe you have to kill them with violence. Which takes way too long, I've realized, because of the fact that they can flee combat when injured, and not be counted as a kill. Ideally we should have alternative ways of extinguishing the CCS that use different skill sets, like managing to turn the police on them and getting them wiped out in a series of raids.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:54:30 am »

I would also fancy destroying from the inside out - having multiple sleepers advocating liberalism (or doing whatever sabotagey thingie) there. Of course, a single person doing liberal stuff in the CCS would get caught quickly, but if there were 5-7 sleepers in the CCS they could defend each other and the likelyhood of being caught should decrease a lot...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:10:56 am »

It wouldn't be very effective, but using guitars to convert some CCS members and not others might allow you to indirectly kill enough of them from the infighting.  You'd still get the rap for murder though.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 02:28:40 pm »

Which brings up an interesting question...why does the whole squad get charged with murder?

In a few weeks, I'll probably be able to either: answer that myself, or say why that's unrealistic.  But until my Crim class gets to that, I'm curious why that decision was made from a design standpoint.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 02:39:17 pm »

Which brings up an interesting question...why does the whole squad get charged with murder?

In a few weeks, I'll probably be able to either: answer that myself, or say why that's unrealistic.  But until my Crim class gets to that, I'm curious why that decision was made from a design standpoint.

Well I would assume they're all caught together, known associates working together. At very least they're accessories to the crime.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 02:43:19 pm »

I believe all crimes were charged to the entire group in the older versions. That system made sense until I made it so you can get charged with multiple counts of a crime. Now you get impressive rap sheets, but by giving greater precision to your knowledge of what's going on, it exposes a lot issues in how crimes are handled that weren't important before.

For example, there's no tracking of who shot a character before they bleed to death -- either they'll bleed to death and charge your whole group with murder even though it was a converted NPC that killed them, or they'll bleed to death and nobody will be charged with murder even though everyone your group has been dumping bullets into him for the last two rounds. Currently the game has the first problem, but if changed without some time-consuming upgrading of the handling of crimes, we'll get the second problem instead.

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:11:56 pm »

The way the attack option works as well, seems to support everyone being done for murder. If me and 5 friends open fire on someone, but only 1 hits and kills, then we're all part of that murder.

What I find odd, is that when 6 of us play guitar at a cop, who shoots and kills one of us, we can't capture him and turn him in for murder. Always wanted to see the headline for that one.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 11:15:43 pm »

The way the attack option works as well, seems to support everyone being done for murder. If me and 5 friends open fire on someone, but only 1 hits and kills, then we're all part of that murder.

What I find odd, is that when 6 of us play guitar at a cop, who shoots and kills one of us, we can't capture him and turn him in for murder. Always wanted to see the headline for that one.

I would imagine the headline would congratulate the cop on lawfully using deadly force on a terrorist who was attempting to beat his head in with a blunt instrument.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 03:48:07 am »

I would imagine the headline would congratulate the cop on lawfully using deadly force on a terrorist who was attempting to beat his head in with a blunt instrument.

I always found the cop guitar bug funny in a way...

Imagine five guys playing guitar to a policeman, who is crying and obviously sorry for all his past mistakes... and a sixth guy is sneaking behind the cop and swings his guitar... BAM! "Accidental" headshot.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 01:54:47 pm »

Another few questions:

1. Does converting enemies with Guitar skills raise juice or lower it?
2. Can Guitar attack alienate the masses?
3. Do guitar attacks still give you a murder rap?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 02:22:08 pm »

Another few questions:

1. Does converting enemies with Guitar skills raise juice or lower it?
2. Can Guitar attack alienate the masses?
3. Do guitar attacks still give you a murder rap?

1. No juice gains, sadly
2. They used to, because they would attack liberalized police officers physically with guitars. Not any longer though
3. Heavens, no!

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 04:53:21 pm »

1. PHEW! Cause the wiki at http://lcs.wikidot.com/juice lists a -50 juice for converting Conservative. That is a rather large penalty!
Oh, wait. Or do they mean that the other way around? -50 for BEING converted?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 03:08:44 am »

1. PHEW! Cause the wiki at http://lcs.wikidot.com/juice lists a -50 juice for converting Conservative. That is a rather large penalty!
Oh, wait. Or do they mean that the other way around? -50 for BEING converted?

Don't trust that table, it's no longer all correct. But that part actually is. If a speaker conservative (CEOs, Eminent Scientists, News Anchors, Radio personalities, Priests, Judges...) tries to convert one of your liberals, either your liberals remain strong or the conversion attempt is successful. In case of a success attempt, your liberal either loses juice, or if he/she/it already had under 100 juice, they gain wisdom instead. Too much wisdom gain makes your people turn conservative.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 01:26:18 pm »

Right, got it. Converting someone = no juice change.
BEING converted = either juice loss or wisdom gain.