Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon Squads  (Read 853 times)

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weapon Squads
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:35:24 am »

I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to train up some weapon squads, whose task will be to infiltrate conservative sites and rack up body counts and such. Unfortunatly, my LCS members do not seem to be much better at fighting than the conservative swine. I must be doing something wrong, but what? What is the easiest way to level up my guys in Pistol? How about swords, guitar and assault rifles?

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Squads
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:36:11 am »

Also, what is the main difference between normal and high security.

i shut down a site after a mere handful of killings. When will it reopen?

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:39:21 am »

Also, what is the main difference between normal and high security.
I Suppose More People With Guns In There. Possible SWAT Arrive Quicker (I bet u didn't notice all caps... RANDOM!)

Probably a few months, but I've never "Shut" it down, only put it into high security.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 01:43:54 pm »

ok. So how do you train a squad in weapons without getting them killed? Where is a good "starter dungeon" so to speak?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 02:12:27 pm »

I like factories for my new AK47-packin' people (AR15 is also good initially). The worst you're going to get there are nonunion workers, armed only with chains (they're still potentially deadly). Then once your guys are a bit tougher, go to the Cable/AM radio, kill people there, wait for the angry mob to arrive and slaughter them (they're probably the worst conservative response there is).

If you do this, however, know that you'll be raided at some point. This is why you buy booby traps and other upgrades for all your safehouses - if you get raided, you kill the people trapped (usually enough to fend them off) and move to another safehouse. You'll even get fancy military armor this way.

EDIT: By factories, I mean the non-garment maker ones. Garment makers has armed security guards.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:14:38 pm by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 02:33:56 pm »

I'm fond of garment makers for a starter dungeon if gun control not extremely conservative, but only for training your founder in combat. For a full squad, or an individual without enough juice to recruit disposable sweatshop workers on the spot, it's not as appealing as the other factories. One nice thing about raiding factories of all stripes is that smashing equipment is good for juice.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 02:40:36 pm »

The safest places seem to be the homeless shelter and the ghetto for a liberal.

Most of the enemys there are teens, and the worst you might run into is a biker with a gun. Their probably alone though. I think the ghetto doesnt rack up charges either.

smashing equipment in a factory is pretty good for a stealthy character though.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:42:46 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 02:45:24 pm »

Most of the enemys there are teens, and the worst you might run into is a biker with a gun. Their probably alone though. I think the ghetto doesnt rack up charges either.

Sadly, the conservatives there are so rare (which is good for safety, obviously) that one won't be able to get too many kills before the gang arrives. That's why I still prefer factories at first - media then.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 02:58:41 pm »

Yeah but you can always leave during the evacuation and come back the next day.

Not only that but if you want juice you could just tag up a ghetto without almost any danger.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 03:49:36 pm »

I like factories for my new AK47-packin' people (AR15 is also good initially). The worst you're going to get there are nonunion workers, armed only with chains (they're still potentially deadly). Then once your guys are a bit tougher, go to the Cable/AM radio, kill people there, wait for the angry mob to arrive and slaughter them (they're probably the worst conservative response there is).

If you do this, however, know that you'll be raided at some point. This is why you buy booby traps and other upgrades for all your safehouses - if you get raided, you kill the people trapped (usually enough to fend them off) and move to another safehouse. You'll even get fancy military armor this way.

EDIT: By factories, I mean the non-garment maker ones. Garment makers has armed security guards.
But I seemed to have to face armed security guards at the aluminium factory? Or is that only because it is currently on high security alert?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 04:01:18 pm »

Most likely a high security thing.

Rakuen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 05:26:48 pm »

Probably a few months, but I've never "Shut" it down, only put it into high security.
If I recall correctly, if you kill a large enough amount of people, it will shut down.

And thats why I always keep a sleeper in the Police Department  ;)

Just leave the safehouse the day before

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 05:28:58 pm »

Also has anyone else come across the Desert Eagle? I found it during stealing stuff from the corprate HQ bank. Also got like 20k lol.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 01:52:06 am »

Yeah, I think the Desert Eagle is a new addition in the latest version. I checked the source (lazily) and decided that AK47 is still better (save for the easy concealment).