Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)  (Read 23585 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 01:03:58 am »

First off, you check DFMA a bit too often.  I just uploaded that like 15 minutes ago.

Also, we have 18 floors to build up that way.  If we get over 18 floors up (we only reached 19 players last game), then we can start going down and dig out a tower.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 01:10:29 am »

First off, you check DFMA a bit too often.  I just uploaded that like 15 minutes ago.

You have no idea how true that sentiment is >_>; I don't think there's a map that's been posted since November that I haven't looked at.

And sounds good; I was just checking. Level five shall be the mightiest of all! Ohoho.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 01:25:05 am »

Save
Map

First off, we are running out of drink.  If it comes between death from thirst and breaking the "only one floor per person" rules, I will allow you to explore the lower floors for the cave river.  Please start your search below the community floor.  In fact, I might allow everyone to just do whatever they want underground so that we can continue getting building material and setting up pumps or whatever.  Post with your judgments.

Spoiler: Yearly Report (click to show/hide)

Japa, you're up.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:59:00 am by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 09:10:34 am »

Hee, this is hilarious :D . Does it get any warmer in the summer? Also, how are the dwarves going to build in this icy weather?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 09:42:36 am »

They can stay outside for a while.  When they run back inside to grab stone, it seems to work out.  Just build a roof over anything you make.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 04:24:13 pm »

Wow, just wow. I fear for what will happen on my turn....

Also, for digging and such, it really depends how hard you want it to be. I believe we should atleast be able to dig where we want.......along with mechanics(such as pumping up the UG River).

"Edit" What exactly are the rules? I noticed you set up a farm way down there.....from what I gathered, you couldnt do that. ???
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:26:47 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 04:49:27 pm »

"Edit" What exactly are the rules? I noticed you set up a farm way down there.....from what I gathered, you couldnt do that. ???
That was the community floor.  Ground zero was his floor, I think.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 05:44:55 pm »

Interesting, I wonder what the fortress will look like by my turn, and whether the Zombies manage to roam outside the chasm to terrify dwarves, or die to the cold (if they even can).

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 05:51:19 pm »

I was getting attacked by Zombie Swallowmen on a regular basis last turn.  It appears that the cold hurts them and can nearly incapacitate them, but they're too resilient to simply die from cold damage (I guess Max Brooks was right).  I did see some random dead zombie Batmen around the fort, but my guess is they were trying to fly there, their wings froze, and they splattered on the rocks below.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 06:07:34 pm by crash2455 »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 06:07:20 pm »

Hah! Not even the undead Dark Knight can last forever in frigid conditions.

Also, it might pay off to try training idle civilian dwarves using Pumps to get their toughness up, to last out in the cold more effectively, I'll definitely want to see if a higher toughness dwarf will last out in the cold longer than a lower one, or perhaps even survive indefinitely (not taking food or water into account).

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 07:30:29 pm »

That was the community floor.  Ground zero was his floor, I think.

Ah, I see now. So we cant build on the floor he was building on.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 11:47:07 am »

I've sent Japa another message.  If he doesn't respond in the next day or so, I'll skip him and move onto Orb (or throw DS on since he sorta restarted this)..

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 09:56:27 pm »

Japa has not responded (nor has he signed in for like two days), so I'm skipping him for now.  He is not out of the rotation, he just plays later.

I have sent a message to both Orb and Demonic Spoon.  Whoever responds first will play next.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 10:40:26 pm »

Can I take a turn in this?
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 10:42:37 pm »

Done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16