Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your BLAH Moods.  (Read 4247 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your BLAH Moods.
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:20:26 am »

Sometimes you get a mood, and hope that it'll be something good, and it turns out to be HORRIBLE. Like this:

My dwarf claimed a leatherworks, it was a possession, but I hoped it would be something good. He grabs some leather, more leather, and some iron. I was thinking "Yay! Some armor with iron spikes! Or a awesome shield!".

Guess what he made?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your BLAH Moods.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 12:46:10 am »

So my bowyer gets a mood. at first i was like cool! legendary bowyer! then realized he was possessed... But then i was like oo well.. still means a cool crossbow for my first marksdwarf champ... but than no, he produce a f***ing blowgun... that is worth 2400 dwarfbucks.. can't even use it in a weapon trap since i probably need darts for it to work...  :(
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:48:51 am »

My dress is actually worth 15k dwarfbucks. It doubled the value of my fort :D
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:49:53 am »

Heh, lucky.. sucks even more since im mass producing meals i can make the worth of that artifact in like a week >.> *at blowgun*

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:18:02 am »

So my bowyer gets a mood. at first i was like cool! legendary bowyer! then realized he was possessed... But then i was like oo well.. still means a cool crossbow for my first marksdwarf champ... but than no, he produce a f***ing blowgun... that is worth 2400 dwarfbucks.. can't even use it in a weapon trap since i probably need darts for it to work...  :(

Could be worse... It could be made of some obscenely heavy material, like the much vaunted generic Rock, and then it would take forever for the dwarves to drag, tile by agonizing tile, to the weapons stockpile. Where it would sit forever.
Then a kobold tries to steal it and you watch the poor creature's speed slow to a crawl.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 01:19:22 am »

Could be worse... It could be made of some obscenely heavy material, like the much vaunted generic Rock, and then it would take forever for the dwarves to drag, tile by agonizing tile, to the weapons stockpile. Where it would sit forever.
Then a kobold tries to steal it and you watch the poor creature's speed slow to a crawl.
And once you kill it, your dwarves get to take it back to the stockpile again!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 01:28:50 am »

I once had my armourer get a mood.

I was all 'wooo finaly legendary armo... no wait, bummer. Its a possesion' but at least I get artifact armour!

Well guess not, cause what did he make? A boot. Not a pair of boots, just one boot. And thats how one of my soldier dwarves had the safest foot in the world!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 01:43:19 am »

Until you find out that your artifact boot isn't made to be armor, as it is titled:  "Cunt Punter."

John Hopoate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 01:48:59 am »

at first i was like cool! legendary bowyer!

That would have been a pretty useless legendary skill anyway, the weaponsmith skill is used to produce metal crossbows and bolts, not the bowyer skill.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 05:20:50 am »

That would have been a pretty useless legendary skill anyway, the weaponsmith skill is used to produce metal crossbows and bolts, not the bowyer skill.

Not entirely, if the wiki is right.
Quality matters for ranged bonus, material does not. Although, metal still does make the crossbow hit hard when used as a hammer... and metal crossbows are pretty dwarfy.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 05:37:38 am »

Quality matters for ranged bonus, material does not. Although, metal still does make the crossbow hit hard when used as a hammer... and metal crossbows are pretty dwarfy.
But so are masterfull elf bone crossbows!

And bone bows are made with the bowyer skill. I usualy use that for the fun of it when I get a good bowyer. Also, dragon bone crossbows are insanely valuable. And just immagine an army armed with masterful merperson bone crossbows!

Well in reality a steel crossbow would be more powerful than a wooden or composite crossbow. But this is DF we are talking about. Here we can make a whole crossbow from the bones of one herring ;D
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 12:07:14 pm »

But so are masterfull elf bone crossbows!

And bone bows are made with the bowyer skill. I usualy use that for the fun of it when I get a good bowyer. Also, dragon bone crossbows are insanely valuable. And just immagine an army armed with masterful merperson bone crossbows!

Well in reality a steel crossbow would be more powerful than a wooden or composite crossbow. But this is DF we are talking about. Here we can make a whole crossbow from the bones of one herring ;D
Yeah, and i might not even use metal crossbows on this map since the only military metal i have is copper.  :(

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 01:02:39 pm »

dog leather trumpet, with images of dogs in dog leather, with hanging rings of dog leather was pretty dissapointing...
This is a blank sig.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 01:20:58 pm »

I got an artifact with a really awesome name (I've forgotten it now), and it turned out to be a black bronze barrel. Not even menacing with spikes of elf bone or anything.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 05:21:40 pm »

I got one at a bower now. Let's see if I can find some rough gems before time runs out...
Pages: [1] 2