Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Field Inventory  (Read 1045 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Field Inventory
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 01:54:01 pm »

guns are free when you get going, the ammo ant'
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 02:32:35 pm »

I usually play ALL PEACEFUL, ALL THE TIME but occasionally I've tried firebombing places.  I don't quite remember how it worked, but I think I was only able to carry around one cocktail?

Anyway, that made me think that there should be like a duffel bag item, or maybe a "container" item type or something.  You could hide a small armory in one, infiltrate deeper into a site, and then pull out a REALLY big gun, or never have to worry about ammo again, or whatever.  You could have a weapon after throwing your firebomb.

If not a duffel bag, then maybe a guitar case?  Or a backpack?  Different containers could have different max capacities for ammo or how big a weapon they could take - I could stuff a m-16 into a duffel bag, but the guitar case might only fit a shotgun or some pistols.  I would suggest that different containers also work with different disguises and areas, but I'm pretty sure neither would look more out of place in an area than the other...

Bah, I don't know.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 02:53:21 pm »

no you can take 10 1 as weapon 9 as ammo clips.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 03:59:51 pm »

I usually play ALL PEACEFUL, ALL THE TIME but occasionally I've tried firebombing places.  I don't quite remember how it worked, but I think I was only able to carry around one cocktail?

I think molotovs are bugged in the current release, because I remember working on fixing them a month ago or so. They wouldn't equip and stack right. Not too surprising really, there's lots of special handling code to make them work both as a base weapon and as ammo for that weapon. You may be able to get them to work with some fiddling, not sure. They SHOULD work as Funk describes -- you should be able to bring 10 molotovs on a raid. They just need to be "reloaded" every throw.
Pages: 1 [2]