Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The 5000-dwarf-buck threadbare sock  (Read 11953 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: The 5000-dwarf-buck threadbare sock
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 11:08:55 am »

You could also just make an adamantine idol, decorate it with every possible material, then terraform your entire embark point to be a giant obsidian pyramid, with ramps going up the whole thing.

Then put the idol up at the very peak of your pyramid, where the first kobold will get it (might want to put a couple marksdwarves up there just to clear away rhesus macaques so they don't get it first), and take it back to their kobold leader, who will likely have an aneurism at the sheer value of the stupid thing, and will likely mobilize the entire kobold population of multiple realities at once to steal from your fortress from then to the end of time.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Gazz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 11:47:10 am »

Yeah, unless your obsidian pyramid is a solid block without any entrance whatsoever so they'll all stand around it, scratching their heads.
totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 12:10:06 pm »

Yeah, unless your obsidian pyramid is a solid block without any entrance whatsoever so they'll all stand around it, scratching their heads.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Bonus: make your pyramid pump lava out the sides.

Otherwise, you can just make a very large opening on one side, and guard it with only a small handful of champions, who will compete for the best kill count.

Be sure to engrave your massive pyramid with engravings of the massive, rampant slaughter.  Call it the pyramid of Armok.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2010, 02:54:00 pm »

Now then, trade that gem-encrusted masterpiece stinky laundry for the last two dragon eggs in your world's existence, and make some omelettes out of them.
Sigged.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.
Pages: 1 2 [3]