Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 87389 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! August 17th
« Reply #975 on: August 17, 2010, 03:36:20 pm »

story post, spoiled for size.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I decided to cut this update short at this spot as it already was getting to the "stupidly long" mark and it had been a long time since my last post. To anyone still reading my LP, you're crazy but thanks ^.^

Another reason to stop here is to get people's thoughts on a few things such as the cloning system and the psych training:

Cloning system: I want to know if you're ok with being cloned or not, I will assume no unless you say otherwise, just to be evil. Please post here if you want there to be discrepancies in your character's memory (I.E. you lied or left out details in the extensive memory recording process your character will go through off screen.)

Psych training: I already went and signed the ground forces up for this, opting out basically means you refuse to use the skill in combat and you wont have to worry about any adverse effects later on. But seriously, this is the dwarf fortress forums, who doesn't like "fun"

Again, thanks for sticking with my sparse updating schedule. On the good side of things I am about to work my second week long temp job this month ^.^. I like monies.

-edit: er no occifer I did not just post 15 pages of content without spoiler tags, you must have been seeing things *hic*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:38:25 pm by cganya »
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! July 24th
« Reply #976 on: August 17, 2010, 03:53:36 pm »

Hmm. Darkwind wouldn't want to be cloned. The revenge wouldn't mean much if it's not *her*, and she doubts that a clone would be accepted well as a commander. So if she ever dies I'll probably just ask for a new character.

As far as Psionics go I doubt she'd use an Amp but she'd want to know her strengths so she could predict her ability to resist alien domination.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 17, 2010, 05:22:24 pm »

My character is from 'traditional and christian' family, so just from ethics point, no for cloning stuff ;)
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 17, 2010, 08:46:11 pm »

Sign me up for cloning please! But it will still be considered a death, and the name will be advanced by roman numerals...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 18, 2010, 05:29:46 pm »

No cloning for Lucsly. In fact, the conspiracy theorist/idealist probably shouldn't know that it's even an option...
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 19, 2010, 06:50:52 am »

If my char enters the battlefield, I'm sure he'll be fine with cheating death by cloning to help his squadmates in cheating it with advanced medicine.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 20, 2010, 11:43:52 pm »

I've got an idea for what will happen if and when Archangel dies (it involves his soul and my explanation will involve a trip to a native American hippy mystic), so no cloning program for me.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 21, 2010, 10:23:26 am »

If anything terrible ever happens to Bob, he wouldn't mind cloning, but he does feel that it wouldn't actually be him so he wants all his swords buried with his origonal body, along with the usual military funeral.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 22, 2010, 09:35:36 am »

If anything terrible ever happens to Bob, he wouldn't mind cloning, but he does feel that it wouldn't actually be him so he wants all his swords buried with his origonal body, along with the usual military funeral.

you know, that gives me an interesting idea to throw into the mix later should that happen.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th
« Reply #984 on: September 01, 2010, 08:50:56 pm »

Spoiler: Archangel's log (click to show/hide)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 06, 2010, 05:30:38 am »

*poke*
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 06, 2010, 06:14:46 pm »

Anya's been too busy to even get online lately. So this might take a while to update.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 12, 2010, 02:34:20 am »

So, how's this going?
My full sig

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 13, 2010, 11:14:08 pm »

this isn't dead, I've just been very busy with real life stuff, still trying to get a job and my wife kinda damaged the truck she was learning to drive in, laying an extra $3200 onto my stress o meter. also I'm a bit addicted to league of legends ^.^;

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 13, 2010, 11:21:08 pm »

This is the only thread I've seen that can remain believably active with a month between updates. That said, good luck pushing down your stress-o-meter.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67