Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cars  (Read 737 times)

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cars
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:09:02 pm »

So what's the difference between the various types of cars? I assume the Sportscar is better than most during car chases? Other than that, I have no idea. And why are taxis so hard to steal anyway? Cause their owner is always in them?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Cars
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:17:34 pm »

The sportscar is the best type of car available, but is advised to have an experienced driver behind the wheel.

Everything else is just a difficulty to steal thing.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 06:55:32 pm »

I think there are a couple other performance differences but it's all pretty common sense. The sports car is one of the fastest, as is the police car. The black sports cars that agents drive when they get mad at you might actually be even faster, but you can't steal those. Taxis aren't really special, just hard to find. Once you find the car, sports cars are one of the hardest to actually steal.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 09:49:06 pm »

Less intuitively, Trucks are better than Vans and Bugs (if you can't steal anything better), and easy to steal.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 03:26:07 pm »

my prefered is still the bug it is funny to think that all your squad is in a bug when going to a mission, it has a quite funny mental image associated with ... but i admit 3 sportcars / squad is funny too and it can be even more effective ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 04:01:31 pm »

You need to dress them up in clown suits if you're going to put 6 men in a bug.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 07:18:08 pm »

i think that more than 1 sport car in a team is somewhat less effective for evadeing but i think its better if to have more than one if you have crap drivers and crashing wont kill everyone

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 07:22:10 pm »

Do different vehicles have different protection values from enemy shots? For instance, is a SUV more likely to deflect bullets than, say, a sportscar? If all vehicles are the same besides speed, adding different protection levels (which would have an armour-like behaviour) would jazz things up nicely.

Or maybe a guy in heavy body armour driving a truck or SUV would be invincible. :-\