Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: RAWR Dwarf Fortress is EVIL.  (Read 44444 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RAWR Dwarf Fortress is EVIL.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 01:41:10 pm »

Evil is good.
Dwarf Fortress: Losing is Fun, Evil is Good.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 02:31:07 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:36:44 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 08:13:36 pm »

Evil is good.

We have always been at war with OceaniaElfland.

We're even going to pull the switcheroo at some point when elves are updated, and we will always have been at war with Elfland the Ant People. Because Elves will be useful and good at some point.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 01:52:19 am »

There is nothing amazing in Bioshock2. Good game, but I played it twice (got both endings (save all, harvest all)) and that was that.

DF? There is never anything the same. And want to know the best part? In a few short [units of time] we will have DF2010 which is going to CHANGE THE GAME ALL OVER AGAIN.

We all get to learn ALL new things. The game that was never the same, will forever be even LESS the same once DF2010 is released.
A little off topic.  But Bioshock officially have 3 endings (each have 2 variations, one contains 2 separate choices for two different ending, for a total of 8 combination of endings).  Try harvest some and save some.
P.S. Whether you killed Grace or not governs the variations.  Killing the rest does not appear to change anything.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 09:29:18 pm »

Lol. I must be one of the lucky ones, Managed to beat Dante's Inferno (all while thinking "I should be playing DF" every time I killed a baby) before literally LUNGING at my computer to play DF.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 09:53:01 pm »

MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 10:52:48 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: Losing is fun, Evil is good, and the first hit is free... Actually, all the hits are free... Dang, no wonder it's so addicting.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

laovel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 11:37:29 pm »

I have no idea about EVIL, but I can't wait to play the next version.  All the daily DEV logs are making me quite giddy.

:-[

------
Waiting for DF2010....

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 05:35:56 am »

A little off topic.  But Bioshock officially have 3 endings (each have 2 variations, one contains 2 separate choices for two different ending, for a total of 8 combination of endings).  Try harvest some and save some.
P.S. Whether you killed Grace or not governs the variations.  Killing the rest does not appear to change anything.

That is technically 7 more endings that DF has....
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 09:14:00 am »

I'd rather watch some DF Let's Play, than actualy play any new commertial game. Recently I tried new Alien vs. Predator, and... well, I torn off some marines head while playing a predator. Third Marine died exactly the same way as the first! I've just instantly deleted the game (14GB of useless data) and jumped right back to Elf vs Magma :D
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 09:16:44 am »

Evil is good.

We have always been at war with OceaniaElfland.
Armok is watching!
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 03:20:32 pm »

Why yes I am!  ;)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

joeyjo0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 03:23:32 pm »

That is technically 7 more endings that DF has....

DF has only one ending:

Losing :P

It's Fun.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »

DF has only one ending:

Losing :P

It's Fun.

Which just goes to show that one ending is enough and other games are just wasting our time with there multiple ending shenanigans.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4