Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Forbid, Reclaim, Dump

(1/1)

MickEfinn:
Bulk Forbbiding and Reclaiming works wonders, but dumping stone hurts me thumbs.
k
d
Down
d
Down
d
Down
Da 20x20 Dining Room can drive me to tears.Might we get a dump command in the designate menu like the forbid and reclaim?Imagine if you will, digging out a mighty hall, then smoothing it out, and then dumping all the stone.Or surviving a siege, then dumping all the goblin's narrow crap by simply dragging a box over the mound of dead g's.
I know all about and use right now the "build mason shop, make blocks" method, but all that does is shift the hauling stone work into hauling mugs or blocks.I like to have a small pit in the corner of a 5x5 workshop area like so:
code:
....O
.WWW.
.WWW.
.WWW.
..>..

with the X being the stairs down towards the pit with the hole O.I bring the rocks, dump them into the hole, and then reclaim and he's chugging along all nice. But I have to dump every single piece of stone individually.Whaddya say Toady? a d -> D in the designations section?With regards,
MickEfinn

The-Moon:
It really should be a Enforced rule that people should use search before posting.I myself am guilty of not searching once in a while.

Align:
I still approve of this, but it's not that big a problem unless there's a lot of stuff or people in the room im trying to clear; right index finger over arrow keys, left index finger over d, then mash them alternatingly.

Hague:
There's a mass dump designator script for AutoHotKey on the wiki.

The-Moon:
quote:Originally posted by Hague:
<STRONG>There's a mass dump designator script for AutoHotKey on the wiki.</STRONG>There needs to be a Mass Dump Option in the D menu.... It would be really nice of toady if he could get this in some time soon. I would really appreciate seeing it in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version