Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Combat preference for where to attack.  (Read 1628 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Combat preference for where to attack.
« on: May 23, 2010, 05:25:35 pm »

there should be a option in the adventure mode menu for attacking preference on where to attack

Try to attack:

Arms

Legs

Head

Body

Neck/throat

This system above would be abolished in a new, more complex system.

You have a "Martial Artist" skill, training it higher makes these attacks more accurate and gives new options. Like when starting you simply get the options above, like attacking left arm will randomly pick the upper or lower arm, hand or fingers and attack them, the real magic is when this stat gets higher, higher stats mean you get even more things to do, Left arm becomes attack left upper arm, attack left lower arm, attack left hand, even higher gives you the ability to attack fingers and toes and other small body parts (eyes, ears etc)

Once it gets high enough you can even deliver specially aimed blows to INTERNAL ORGANS and target them, like attacking the left lung makes the adv try and attack the lung area, the higher the skill the more chance the attack will actually hit the lung and not just glace away or snap a rib.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 03:22:48 pm by Toybasher »

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
Re: Combat prefrense for where to atatck.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:30:29 pm »

I could've sworn this was inside the development area, however, i don't feel like reading through it all to find it.

Now, i wish i could choose that, then i could chop off their arms and legs, and let em bleed to death, but they'll probably try to get me via chin-crawling. If them bleeding to death by wounds you inflicted didn't deny the kill, i'd have let it happen.

Assuming everything else, this will probably be added sooner or later, rather than automatic fighting. Hell, if this was possible in DF mode too, i'd tell my military to... AIM FOR THE HEAD!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 05:54:02 pm »

From another topic on it.

Aimed shots is Req230 and to control repetitive shots one further idea was:<P>Req331, ATTACK OPPORTUNITY NUMBERS, (Future): It should generate random variations on rolls for each attack for a given turn between each creature, so that a swing at the head one turn is almost impossible, while grabbing the arm could be three times as easy as normal. This will lead to more variety in combat AI, rather than just having the 'best' moves used all the time.

I'd like to see it possible to choose both attack type and target, so you could swing or stab with a sword for example.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 07:25:37 pm »

Toybasher you should follow the forum rules and search before posting more threads, you've posted like 5 threads today, and all of them are very minor things that are either planned, have been suggested before, or don't really require their own thread.   Basically, if you put more effort into your threads, you're making more useful contributions. 

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 05:09:32 am »

May I suggest spellchecking before posting? It is hard for people whose first language is not English to read and understand the title if it is spelled poorly.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 01:12:16 pm »

I could've sworn this was inside the development area, however, i don't feel like reading through it all to find it.

Now, i wish i could choose that, then i could chop off their arms and legs, and let em bleed to death, but they'll probably try to get me via chin-crawling. If them bleeding to death by wounds you inflicted didn't deny the kill, i'd have let it happen.

Assuming everything else, this will probably be added sooner or later, rather than automatic fighting. Hell, if this was possible in DF mode too, i'd tell my military to... AIM FOR THE HEAD!

it dosant deny the kill.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:13:20 pm »

May I suggest spellchecking before posting? It is hard for people whose first language is not English to read and understand the title if it is spelled poorly.

I got a new keyboard, the buttons are close together and stuff so its harder for me to type.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 06:35:59 pm »

That's actually more of a reason to use spellcheck.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 09:40:22 pm »

Updating it right now.