Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Things to fix or do in the next release  (Read 26804 times)

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Things to fix or do in the next release
« on: March 02, 2010, 10:39:15 am »

Talked to Jonathan and he said it wasn't a bad idea, so here it goes.

A thread for all the suggestions for LCS in the next release, and I'll edit them to be in this post.

At the end I might make a poll with all the things in and see which are most popular and therefor which Jonathan should spend his time on.

So yeah, this is just for suggestions.

So Far:

Fix's:

[FIX]Fix vehicles color and names. Also fix bugs relating to vehicles.

[FIX]Fix missing specials

[FIX]Fix funds taxed & spent.

[FIX]Sleepers causing glitches when bringing in goods

[FIX]Fix the heat system

[FIX]Better equipment management

[FIX]Fix re-organize liberals occuring when pressing left or right direction buttons (In Review and reorganize menu)

ADD:

[ADD]Stop people doing nothing after raids or moving

[ADD]Add a cheat function to make the game easier or harder and to imput pre-set commands

[ADD]Able to swap people between pages

[ADD]Music adds juice

[ADD]Add more persuasion at start (1or2)

[ADD]The ability to stop renting apartments

[ADD]Being able to purchase equipment specific to buildings and actions

[ADD/CHANGE]CSS safehouse idea's

[ADD]Add a dentist. High Cost?

[ADD]New issue: Welfare

[ADD]Add a Mall

[ADD]More Specials

IMPROVE:

[IMPROVE]Vehicles

[IMPROVE/BUG FIX]Vehicle Chase's 2

[IMPROVE]Pathfinding (Seiges)

[IMPROVE]CSS

CHANGE:

[CHANGE]Traps

[CHANGE]More Government Troops in chases

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:38:51 pm by Coronel_Niel »

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things to fix or do in the next release
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:52:36 am »

Fix the vehicles up. They constantly go wonky, causing crashes, weird things like squads with no car being able to go out of town, displaying "on foot" despite people being in vehicle, and "stolen" and color are just cosmetic effects and make the vehicle name too long, causing some problems when there's no space to fit the name. Oh, and also, make it so you can move vehicles from one safe house to another. I got myself a fleet of sportscars, then I later on was getting raided too much, so I moved everything to another location. And BAM, all my cars went boom.

Fix the missing safe/button/jury/etc.

Fix the funds taxed & Fund spent.

Allow us to reorganize our roster for the LCS as a whole. For instance, sometimes I want to assemble a squad with high disguise. Due to deaths and such, I am forced to pick out 1 member from page 1, 1 from the top of page 2, 2 from the bottom, someone from page 4... instead let me reorganize under the "review" screen so I can place them all side by side on 1 page.

Have the LCS continue doing what their previous job was after being interrupted. For instance, I had 2 squads which were getting donations for 5 days. Then I sent them out on site. When I got back, they were all laying around. I would have liked them to resume donation collecting.
Same thing happened on a grander scale when my base got raided. I had to set 100 members to resume what they were doing previously! OUCH.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 12:01:25 pm »

Have the LCS continue doing what their previous job was after being interrupted. For instance, I had 2 squads which were getting donations for 5 days. Then I sent them out on site. When I got back, they were all laying around. I would have liked them to resume donation collecting.
Same thing happened on a grander scale when my base got raided. I had to set 100 members to resume what they were doing previously! OUCH.
There is a macro way to set people on jobs.  But, it still is troublesome when it defaults orders to something you don't want them to do.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 01:21:56 pm »

Reorganization is in the newest SVN version. Press right or left arrow after pressing R and then 1 from the original menu. It asks you what member to replace who with. Perfect.

EDIT* Press z

EDIT** Thank firewolf123 for this

EDIT*** It's possible to stop it going to defaults, but then you need to store what everyone is doing prior to a siege and then continue it afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:46:29 pm by Coronel_Niel »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 01:57:01 pm »

Fix the heat system, so heat accumulation will slow down some time after the latest crime (police will stop actively looking for the liberal), and heat will slowly vanish. The rap sheet should remain the same, though. If heat worked in real life the way it works in LCS now, Osama would've been caught ages ago.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 02:07:05 pm »

When reorganising liberals, you can only reorganize them in the same page there already on.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 02:16:11 pm »

Oh, and I suggest everyone starts with persuasion at 2, or the persuasion stat rises faster. reason is that persuasion is sort of the most grindy stat ever. You will spend ages and ages talking to people about the issues until your persuasion is high enough to recruit them.

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 02:20:20 pm »

Maybe add 1 and a random chance of getting more to EVERYONE.

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 10:03:57 pm »

Perhaps a few more apartment buildings/crackhouses/warehouses to take over? I find myself juggling heat between a lot of different places.

Being able to purchase equipment for the buildings to assist in some actions would be interesting, and how the react to heat/secrecy. For instance, a cell to hold prisoners in (Less chance of escape, more intimidating), or just sewing machines etc for my sweatshop Fashion Designers.

And finally, anything the Aum Supreme Truth did, the LCS should be able to do.

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 11:08:16 am »

I think theres enough safehouse's, but if anyone else disagree's ill put it up.

The reason I say this is theres 2 in D, 2 in C and 2 in A. Theres also 3 crack house's and then 2 safehouse's.

Do you mean crack house's in particular?

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 12:05:33 pm »

And don't forget you can take over the CCS safehouses too! So, all in all, a LOT of possible safehouses. That's a total of... 14 I think. Not enough? There's not that many raid sites around ya know...

BTW, how do you take over the crackhouses?

OH! I have a suggestion for the CCS Safehouses!

When raiding the CCS, I suggest to change the system. Place a "use" tool in the base called "CCS Leadaer". Question: will the squad challenge the Vigilante Boss? When they press yes, use the genetics lab code to have the CCS boss and a random number of helpers appear and fight you. Killing them will beat off the CCS in that safehouse.

Message when you "use":
First safehouse: "You challenge the leader of the CCS!
2nd: I will not be so easy as our former leader.
3rd: Knowing he is the last hope of the CCS, "name" prepares to give it his all!

For Nightmare mode though...
2nd Safehouse: "name" stands up. "I'm back," he says. (you fight a cyborg version of him with +5 strength, agility, health, -5 heart, wisdom, charisma)
3rd: A horrible stench envelops you as the rotting corpse of "name" attacks you! (a joke how the manual says resurrection and necromancy is conservative). (+15 strength and health, -10 to all other stats)

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 03:29:51 pm »

A suggestion for the suggestion thread is to embed links so that people can see the idea as a whole.
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 03:31:35 pm »

A suggestion for the suggestion thread is to embed links so that people can see the idea as a whole.

How could I do this? I think I know what you mean just not how to do it.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 05:15:14 pm »

Great idea to add links. Tommorow I'll add the newest idea's, too busy now.
Ill add jasonred79's idea and Necaladun's more safehouse's idea.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:18:02 pm by Coronel_Niel »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16