Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Things to fix or do in the next release  (Read 26838 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Things to fix or do in the next release
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 04:19:50 am »

Make it stop disbanding squads after a successful base defence?

It doesn't always do that, only after you espace (although I seldom do that, I find that a pain too) instead of fighting off them conservatives.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 04:44:36 am »

What is espace?

Anyhow, I do fight off the conservatives, and it disbands my squads, except for my 1st squad. Try it. If you have 10 squads, after a base defence you'll only have 1 squad left.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2010, 06:53:07 am »

Escape is when you leave through the door instead of the conservatives. But coming to think of it, I usually keep my main squad (the one that attracts raids) very much separate from the less wanted people, so I don't remember a single case where my squads were disbanded after a victory. So I guess you could be right.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2010, 07:11:42 am »

Oh. Duur.... I know what escape is. It's espace that confused me.

What usually happens is I have to form over 10 squads, just so I can equip them with assault rifles. Then I'm surprised when 9 squads are disbanded after the battle.

Anyhow, also, my hackers and writers draw heat and are illegal type people as well, so I gotta keep up separate from my legit crowd. Or rather, when the writers print national secrets, EVERYONE in that base gets accused of treason.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:19:52 am by jasonred79 »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 08:28:50 am »

Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 10:39:26 am »

Anyhow, also, my hackers and writers draw heat and are illegal type people as well, so I gotta keep up separate from my legit crowd. Or rather, when the writers print national secrets, EVERYONE in that base gets accused of treason.

You can print secrets without writers so it must be thinking the base is printing the secrets, therefor anyone in the base gets done for it.
Theory.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2010, 11:46:24 am »

INfinite (kind of) car chase.

I had a situation where both my driver and the enemy driver were equally highly skilled. The enemy and my crew eventually ran out of bullets and we kept driving and driving and driving. I was able to max out my driving skill, music skill (one guy had a guitar but it was never effective against agents & yokels) etc.

Perhaps cars should have a gas amount to limit how long car chases can go on? If your car runs out of gas you're forced to bail out and escape on foot or duke it out H2H.
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 01:18:20 pm »

Isn't that were your followed by a guy on foot or a different bug?

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2010, 04:53:42 pm »

Isn't that were your followed by a guy on foot or a different bug?

Different bug. What happened was that I was driving in a taxicab with a 5 in driving (I think...4 or 5). Enough to not worry about wiping out, but not obscene either. The enemy spawned a single agent in a sports car with an MP5. The MP5 burned through all his ammunition, he reloaded like 3 or 4 times (it was a long car chase).

He had solid driving and a better car so he could keep up with me, but that was that, we were stuck in limbo until I finally bailed out of the car. I held down the 'D' key (i think that's the one where you try and lose them) for several minutes and watched as he stuck with me and I passed all the "obstacles". I then tried converting him with my guitar for several minutes but realized I was killing a bunch of pedestrians holding down the 'F' key so I went back to evasive driving.

This lasted for 5 minutes real time of just holding down the button. It was ridiculous. My driving maxed, my guitar maxed, my dodge maxed (I think that's what caused it, by "dodging" all those fruitvenders) and we were stuck infinitely.

Finally I bailed and quickly outran him but I was thinking that car chases shouldn't be able to last forever. Either the enemy should be able to sideswipe my car off the road or I should run out of gas or something...

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 10:15:39 am »

More Specials

I'm thinking that there should be specials in all the different areas. Might be a neat way to spice up the areas.

So right now Court has Jails & Juries, Police have jails, Radio & TV have the studio special and all the outskirt areas are chock full of specials, but what about the rest? Here's some ideas for "specials" for different areas:

Police Station - Armory - a random amount of weapons & armor depending on law levels (L+ would only have pistols while C+ would have assault rifles & body armor etc.). Would be hard to pick, on par with CEO safe AND/OR trigger guards & alarms like the studio

Crack House/Ghetto - Gang boss: conservative juiced leader w/ random number of cronies. Defeating him or converting him is how you'd take over the safe house, not by just punching out random people.

Factories: Foreman's office - a special where you'd have to trash it to shut down the factory. I'm thinking skill involved would be strength + intelligence (to know what to destory and be able to destroy it?) and stealth to avoid triggering a bunch of security guards with the noise. This would be the new way to shut down factories.

Cosmetic/Genetic Research - computer mainframe - akin to the CIA super computer, you'd need to upload a virus to the building in order to shut it down. Would require high computers to crack the password and trash the data.

Firehouse - Locker Room - security to unlock lockers and pick up random equipment (axes & bunker gear in most times, bunker gear + napalm + flamethrowers in C+). Similar to the Police armory, high security to open the lockers and a good chance of triggering a group of angry firemen

Basically, the idea is to not only have more specials, but make it more difficult to shut down the conservative dungeons early on. "Public" places like Latte stand/Computer club/apartments would still be shut down the old fashioned way by causing mayhem, violence, and destruction. But for these key buildings, those actions would only trigger High Security, not close them down (or perhaps the amount of violence & destruction to close them down should be increased dramatically,  so just spraying some tags and punching a secretary won't do the trick anymore).

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 10:50:23 am »

Quote from: praguepride link=+ date=1268234139
More Specials

I'm thinking that there should be specials in all the different areas. Might be a neat way to spice up the areas.

So right now Court has Jails & Juries, Police have jails, Radio & TV have the studio special and all the outskirt areas are chock full of specials, but what about the rest? Here's some ideas for "specials" for different areas:

Police Station - Armory - a random amount of weapons & armor depending on law levels (L+ would only have pistols while C+ would have assault rifles & body armor etc.). Would be hard to pick, on par with CEO safe AND/OR trigger guards & alarms like the studio

Crack House/Ghetto - Gang boss: conservative juiced leader w/ random number of cronies. Defeating him or converting him is how you'd take over the safe house, not by just punching out random people.

Factories: Foreman's office - a special where you'd have to trash it to shut down the factory. I'm thinking skill involved would be strength + intelligence (to know what to destory and be able to destroy it?) and stealth to avoid triggering a bunch of security guards with the noise. This would be the new way to shut down factories.

Cosmetic/Genetic Research - computer mainframe - akin to the CIA super computer, you'd need to upload a virus to the building in order to shut it down. Would require high computers to crack the password and trash the data.

Firehouse - Locker Room - security to unlock lockers and pick up random equipment (axes & bunker gear in most times, bunker gear + napalm + flamethrowers in C+). Similar to the Police armory, high security to open the lockers and a good chance of triggering a group of angry firemen

Basically, the idea is to not only have more specials, but make it more difficult to shut down the conservative dungeons early on. "Public" places like Latte stand/Computer club/apartments would still be shut down the old fashioned way by causing mayhem, violence, and destruction. But for these key buildings, those actions would only trigger High Security, not close them down (or perhaps the amount of violence & destruction to close them down should be increased dramatically,  so just spraying some tags and punching a secretary won't do the trick anymore).

Like thie idea!!

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 12:17:08 pm »

I would love to see the Conservative Crime Squad be more of a threat in the game. Whenever I play games featuring them - whether they take a few years to spawn or I allow them to start immediately - they're quite volatile and go into serious rage mode pretty fast. If I could see a CCS which gained more power the closer the country got to Elite Liberal status (as more of the remaining hierarchy realized they needed to combine forces into one group to stop the Liberal threat), I'm sure that'd make for a more entertaining endgame.

Also, I'd like to see traps severely reduced in power. The amount of money you spend to purchase them is an absolute pittance compared to what you can gain in equipment when you absolutely ruin an attack force. When a squad of six Enlightened Liberals with little in the way of skills or stats can HtH and eliminate enough groups of wrecked Agents to repel an attack by the government, then there may be something wrong with the mechanic. Either kill the impact they make by allowing the units a chance (based on quality/Dodge skill) to notice and avoid the trap, or allow for a variety of traps - some far more expensive than others - which can be installed in your safehouse. I've gotten to the point where I have to self-impose a traps restriction because they make attack forces too easy to repel.

One more thing: I'd like to see a greater number of Conservatives pursue you when you leave a site which has been reinforced by SWAT/Death Squads/etc. After rampaging through a park with, let's say, with a group of AK-47 toting Liberals wanted for, among other things, treason, it's pretty deflating to leave the alarmed site and only find six "DethSquad" Officers in pursuit on foot. Since I've seen at least twice that many Conservatives go after me before (an assortment of Country Boys, Hicks, and Yokels who blew my founder to pieces one game), I know it's possible for the game engine to perform. I just figure, considering the impact and reputation of such notorious Liberals, that the government would send more than a half-dozen Conservatives in pursuit.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 10:36:54 pm »

Why are crowbars and shotguns more concealable than swords? That should be changed.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 11:03:24 pm »

you wouldn't shove a sword down your pants would you?

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 11:39:01 pm »

if it's sheathed, why not?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16