Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Screenies?  (Read 702 times)

AnotherDwarvernDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Screenies?
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:20:28 pm »

Hi, not sure if this is in the right place, but it's a suggestion, so... is anyone else bothered by the fact that the screenshots are so out of date on the home page (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/screens.html)? I'm not sure, but they look an awful lot like they're from the 2D version.

I was showing some friends the game and had to explain that this is actually not exactly what it looks like now, leading them to believe the game actually had more than ASCII graphics, finally ending in confusion when I called them all elves. So anyone else for changing them?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: New Screenies?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 07:31:00 pm »

I'm kinda confused. Yes, the screens are a little out-dated, but they mostly show the game as it is now. You'd actually have to be a vet of the game to point out the salient differences.

I was showing some friends the game and had to explain that this is actually not exactly what it looks like now, leading them to believe the game actually had more than ASCII graphics, finally ending in confusion when I called them all elves. So anyone else for changing them?

Your mistake was implying that's not what the game looks like. That's how it looks by and large. Updated screens are always nice, I guess. But it's not like the difference between showing the ASCII version on the homepage...and showing MayDay's tileset. That would be a dramatic change requiring brand new screens.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti