Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble installing Mayday graphics...  (Read 1412 times)

Vizh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Trouble installing Mayday graphics...
« on: March 04, 2010, 02:40:39 pm »

Hi! so im a new player and is trying to grasp the game and its difficult gameplay! I have already installed the game and Graphics on my own computer, but im visiting gf atm and figgured id learn more while waiting for her to get home from work!(awesome plan, i know!) But i just cant get the graphics to work on her pc!

She is running Vista, and i can get DF to work, but not the mayday graphics. How am i supose to install it? should i place the two parts in same folder, or they need different ones? should i run the mayday .exe or the original DF one?

The error message i get when trying to run the mayday .exe is this:

"main indexfile missing/corrupted! the file "index" must be in the "data" folder. make sure DF decompressed into folders properly"

But it IS! in both DF folder and Mayday DFG folder....

I wanna play! please help me!

Best regards, Vizh fungilicious

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble installing Mayday graphics...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 02:50:10 pm »

Why don't you just go to Maydays site and download DF from there? It comes with the graphics already installed.

Vizh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 04:20:46 pm »

iv done that! i still get that error message...=P

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:34:48 am »

My big problem with this when I was starting out was I didn't change the init.txt to include the new graphics.

I don't know if this helps you or not, but worst case scenario this is just a useless post in a thread.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 12:34:36 am »

The download from Mayday's site includes Dwarf Fortress with it, so it's best to have it in a separate folder, and copy your saves over to it. (Just to be sure, you're unzipping the files and not just running it straight of the .zip, are you?)
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 03:02:14 pm »

(Just to be sure, you're unzipping the files and not just running it straight of the .zip, are you?)
I'd say if this is not the case, you may need to download again. I've just downloaded the pre-packaged version and it works fine. Only other thing is the statement that a horizontal resolution of 1280 is required, but that wouldn't give you this error anyway.