Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Having tested both 2D and STANDARD, how is 40d19 compared to 40d?

Faster, no (unknown) problems
Faster, problematic
Same speed, no (unknown) problems
Same speed, problematic
Slower, no other (unknown) problems
Slower, problematic
Doesn't work at all

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d19  (Read 159093 times)

Vinic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d19
« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2010, 04:29:03 pm »

I'm running Linux 40d with textmode enabled and ssh-ing into it from my netbook. Runs amazingly fast. I just want a fixed-width font that is square, as in the height matches the width. I can't seem to find a font that looks good, and if I find something close, Fedora's terminal won't center the characters properly. If it has whitespace, it shoves it to the left but leaves a gap to the right, keeping it fixed-width. So if I'm staring at my username in terminal it renders it looking something like "vi ni c". Game's certainly hard to play when it's looking like that.

Anyone using textmode found a way to get a square font working?

Edit: I've answered my own question. These rule.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:47:19 pm by Vinic »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2010, 05:30:09 pm »

Edit: I've answered my own question. These rule.
Not sure who did that, but that's awesome.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 20, 2010, 12:20:50 am »

I changed the scrolling keys (originally - and +) from the default to [KEYDB] and [KEYDD] as suggested in this article:http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/40d:Key_bindings.

This caused the enter key to cease working.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Quinton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 29, 2010, 04:24:39 am »

The Linux 40d19 HEAD build is working well for me on Ubuntu, using the mayday tileset (from DFG22).  Only just starting (summer of first year), but I haven't hit any major snag, and it's really nice to be able to play DF on my Linux laptop.  Thanks!

Dreen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 01, 2010, 09:04:36 am »

Hello, Im playing on Ubuntu 9.10, wine ver 1.1.43, I have a problem.

Using alt+up/down does not work, ex if I go to labors menu i can toggle the first skill but I cant go up and down to other skills.

Everything else seems to work correctly. I searched here and google, haven't seen any other case of this.

My computer is Asus 1201N (like this http://www.netbookreviews.net/asus/eee-pc-1201n)

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 01, 2010, 07:54:48 pm »

Hello, Im playing on Ubuntu 9.10, wine ver 1.1.43, I have a problem.

Using alt+up/down does not work, ex if I go to labors menu i can toggle the first skill but I cant go up and down to other skills.

Everything else seems to work correctly. I searched here and google, haven't seen any other case of this.

My computer is Asus 1201N (like this http://www.netbookreviews.net/asus/eee-pc-1201n)

The default for that is +/- on the numpad.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Enkara

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 06, 2010, 09:46:19 pm »

Is it supposed to have a limited number of z levels?  Tried digging to magma, can't go deeper than -18...

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2010, 09:55:23 pm »

Is it supposed to have a limited number of z levels?  Tried digging to magma, can't go deeper than -18...
The new DF (codenamed DF2010... v0.31.03) has the magma with possibly hundred of layers... it does not have the code that this client has allowing it to run in Linux, have zooming, and all the fun graphic enhancements this client has.

It is coming though. This client is based on an old version of DF. (0.28.181.40d)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:57:42 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 08, 2010, 01:54:18 pm »

hey is there a mode where I can just get line printer out, with no display?  I want to experience it like how I first played hunt the wumpus.

A page print out for every dwarf move seems reasonable, no?
igless

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 08, 2010, 02:07:12 pm »

There isn't, and I'm really not sure how that could work.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #490 on: May 08, 2010, 03:15:38 pm »

There isn't, and I'm really not sure how that could work.
Hmm. If someone took ncurses and made it print a page for every frame (on the sync function that I can't remember the name of), it would work. Technically possible, but f***ing crazy too dwarven to be useful if you ask me :D

mariankonieczny

• Bay Watcher
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 11, 2010, 08:08:38 pm »

Word of introduction: Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit; not being a programmer or any other kind of computer-dwarf.

I am playing d16 under Wine. It runs fine and stuff, but since times immemorial I've been trying to run native DF40d#. Got no luck with putting lacking (downloaded, as not available in repos) libs into proper folder. Terminal says all libraries are at their place, but yet segmentation fault occurs. It is surely because I've collected them from across the web (Fedora? Debian? other? packages).

It there any way to catch all the pokemon libraries without losing sanity (Will it go with this? no. This? No.)? How?
Thanks for your help. And for d#, of course.

goffrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 11, 2010, 09:11:05 pm »

Word of introduction: Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit; not being a programmer or any other kind of computer-dwarf.

I am playing d16 under Wine. It runs fine and stuff, but since times immemorial I've been trying to run native DF40d#. Got no luck with putting lacking (downloaded, as not available in repos) libs into proper folder. Terminal says all libraries are at their place, but yet segmentation fault occurs. It is surely because I've collected them from across the web (Fedora? Debian? other? packages).

It there any way to catch all the pokemon libraries without losing sanity (Will it go with this? no. This? No.)? How?
Thanks for your help. And for d#, of course.

Try unpacking http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6095460/dflibs.tar.xz into your libs folder. (I copied all the libraries that `ldd' reported in there, except the basic system libraries in /lib32/. It might work.)

keda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 12, 2010, 12:15:12 pm »

I don't know if this has been reported already but the 40d allows me to have trees with trunks of different colour than green e.g. brown, but 40d19.2 does not (other tiles like lever doesn't seem to be affected with this problem though) and also the color tags in init.txt doesn't seem to be doing their job like they do in 40d

KoFish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 14, 2010, 10:12:46 am »

Is there any plan on when a linux version for DF0.31.03 will be available. I really like the improvements in that version but it kills my computer to run it in wine :(
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34