Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding Fire imps  (Read 1095 times)

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
Modding Fire imps
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:14:11 pm »

ok, im trying to mod my fire imps so i can make them an awesome defense system, but im coming accross some problems....

i keep updating the fire imps raw data here
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:58:29 pm by LoneJedi7 »
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Fire imps
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 10:23:05 pm »

Add the CHILD:x tag (wherein x is the number of years the creature stays a child).

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:26:57 pm »

In order to get "gendered" imps to spawn, you're going to have to re-embark. You shouldn't have to gen a new world, but once you embark the lava features' critters are fixed, as are the off-map populations, so no spontaneous generation of new imps to come from off-map if they didn't have them spawning there in the first place.

And, as 3 mentioned, you need the [CHILD] tag for them to actually have babies.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 10:36:12 pm »

if you looked closely i already have the child tag in the imps data, unfortunately i think your right about the spawning off map.....and i dont want to sart over with a new map because this map and fortress are so far along and are awesome, so it looks like im screwed.  :(

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 03:52:16 pm »

i just came up with an idea....as you can see in the raw data, i changed the [PET_EXOTIC] tag to [PET] and added in [COMMON_DOMESTIC] so migrants will bring in fire imps (hopefully gendered) with them. Unfortunately no new migrants have been showing up lately, think it will work without re-embarking?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:44:02 pm by LoneJedi7 »

blur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 07:25:36 am »

You could create them using Dwarf Companion, but that would be cheating. If you'd like to do so, select a wild animal in DC and set its race to fire imp, check the tame box and give it your civilisation ID. Then, you'll have a tame fire imp.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 11:53:31 am »

Not sure if you're fully satisfied with the results of your questions, but a while back I was trying to mod GCS to reproduce because despite having gender, they'll never have children (even if there are multiple on a map, which won't happen often). I trapped 3 in a pen, added the [BABY:1][CHILD:3] and [CHILDNAME:blahblah] tokens, waited years, nothing happened. It turns out the [BABY] token is for sentients only and at that age the creature has to be carried by its mother or stumble around like an idiot... In short, don't use it on wildlife or things work strangely and animals won't breed.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 01:09:31 am »

You can skip baby, but not child. Also, I have tried to make the imps in my game into booze guzzlers, but they don't seem to go for it. Any help?

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 06:58:16 pm »

make them dink by using [CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER], it'll make undead versions drink too. Just imagine walking into a pokergame of skeletal dogs. All drinking beer that disappears, even though you can see everything within their ribs.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 09:30:59 pm »

to make them get winded less give them [NOBREATHE] lol thats a cheap way or just increase their size (which will boost attack and defence) and if their only attack is fire breath, could be a problem because its not that great of a attack lol to boost attack goto the attack part and chage the 1:6:BURN] to like 3:6:BURN]  or 7:12 (overkill lol) or defence by adding DAMBLOCK:5 or some such.

But your firebreath only attack in a way is already in effect because a creature always charges an enemy, so even just removing the [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:6:BURN][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH] it will just "Push" the foe with any bodypart it can. pretty useless.