Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's Get On With It - Liberal Crime Squad: A Let's Play Adventure (COMPLETED)  (Read 107903 times)

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get On With It - Liberal Crime Squad: A Let's Play Adventure
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 07:59:45 pm »

Haha. I'm really glad that DethSquad Officer shot off the doctor's arm now since I didn't know a sleeper would bother to repair clothes under any circumstance. I knew the full and active members of the LCS would do such, but... yeah. Never had the opportunity to see a sleeper do it until this playthrough.

As for why I don't kidnap Conservatives I seduce, it's just a self-imposed restriction. I think it's too easy to kidnap Conservatives through seduction (unless they're, y'know, Agents), so I only ask them out on dates in order to avoid them raising an on-site alarm. Kidnapping through hostage-taking also fits along better with my violent style of play. Besides, why not reward those automatons who found themselves wow'd by my amazing one-liners?

I plan on recording/capturing my progress through this session until it finishes, for better or worse. If the RNG's feeling kind, I should get the Liberal Agenda to Elite Liberal status. But my reckless attitude towards gameplay could also wipe out the Mutant Liberation Squad (particularly if I make a bone-headed error). We'll see what happens.

Screenshot updates covering Videos 6-8 will be up in the next few hours. I'll also play the game a bit more tonight, although whether those sessions will also get screenshots and storyline to go along with them remains yet to be seen.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 08:19:27 pm »

Eh. At this point, the only thing that would really end your game would be if your base got raided. Anything else, you could just rebuild from the ashes.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 12:35:56 am »

Update 006: Video

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:25:40 pm by Grimith »

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 12:36:20 am »

Update 007: Video

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:25:55 pm by Grimith »

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 12:37:01 am »

Update 008: Video

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:26:08 pm by Grimith »

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 11:28:53 am »

While looking through the posts I've made after showing this thread to a friend, I've noticed that ImageShack is making some of the images I uploaded... disappear. I'm not sure why. I'll go through my updates and attempt to find the places with a missing picture, but, if this occurrence continues, I may stop using Imageshack and go to using Photobucket.

Unless anyone else has a better recommendation.

-EDIT: Only four images were missing - two from the first update and two from the second. I've replaced those that were missing, and I'll make sure to be dilligent over future vanishing acts. It is a free image upload service, so I can't expect the highest quality. Perhaps this event was just a fluke.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:35:03 am by Grimith »

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 08:05:40 pm »

Somewhat unusually, perhaps (I've heard some horror stories), photobucket has never pulled any of my hosted images without warning; yet I've always heard that imageshack was better in this respect. Who knows.

Anyway, thanks for doing this LP, Grimith! I like your storytelling, but if I'm honest, it's the videos that really grab my attention. Laughter is contagious, I suppose. Mass murder isn't really my style (at least not so far, not yet having attempted Nightmare Mode), but this series has never failed to entertain and enlighten (ho ho).

Keep up the good work!
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 01:32:03 am »

Since you're being honest, I'll admit that I also prefer creating the videos over creating the screenshots. While I get to play the game during the videos and have a grand old time laughing and plotting and murdering the Conservative automatons, I have to spend on average an hour each update collecting the screenshots and crafting a narrative to mold to my violent style of play. Each video only takes a third as long to create; I review the videos once each for technical difficulties before uploading them. Doing both videos and screenshots in the same day is very taxing, especially for multiple updates. The way I staggered updates six through eight over the course of two days may very well become a regular occurrence in this thread.

For anyone who is concerned, I won't be dropping the narrative half from this thread. There are two reasons why:
1.) I introduced this LP as a hybrid LP. I'm already eight full updates along this path. I'm too stubborn to stop now, even if I have to brute force myself to keep writing the storyline.
2.) Many people on the internet, for one reason or another, are incapable of enjoying video LPs. Consequently, were this thread to contain nothing but videos, they wouldn't be able to enjoy whatever I could offer them. By offering two options, I allow more people the opportunity to enjoy (and participate in) this thread.

On a related note: Videos #9 and #10 were finished a few hours ago and have already been uploaded to Dailymotion. You can access the links through the original post on Page 1 or through my Dailymotion account. The story to complement these two videos should present itself before Saturday... but, again: no guarantees.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 05:43:19 am »

I tend to prefer video LPs myself and rarely follow screenshot ones; it used to be the other way around, and then I discovered the joy of just being able to sit back and listen to people talk and have fun in front of you. I'm spoiled to the point where I skip over the narrative portions here and just watch the videos.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 11:31:20 am »

Grimith has gone completely blood crazed. I notice that he's abandoned actually trying to win the game ala influencing issues and stuff and is just trying to kill as many conservatives as possible? (going on an unarmed rampage in all those locations does not help the issues at all AFAIK)

Go rampage in the courthouse and such.

BTW, if you want to train dodge, go find some unarmed opponents and then hold down the S key instead of the F key.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 12:01:46 pm »

Well, let's have a look at this opinion poll from May 4, 2009, collected by Grimith himself:

Compare that to where those percentages start at Nightmare, and... well, you be the judge. I've recorded all of my days of activity besides the ones I spent on interrogation and this past day I used to collect the above data, so you've got everything in front of you.

At any rate, I'm suppose I'm too busy being bloodthirsty and whatnot to hold down the "S" key, but it's definitely a thought. Wouldn't make for much of an exciting video, though. If I did that, I would off-screen it.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 12:15:34 pm »

The 80+ ones look like they're all issues associated with your earlier courthouse liberation raids (gay rights, death penalty, free speech, justices, racial equality, gender equality) and the recent extremely successful raid on the oil refinery (pollution). You've only raided those a couple of times, so it shows you're having a big impact with each attack.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 12:28:33 pm »

Against an unarmed opponent, for the founder, it will always only take 1 fight to max your dodge gains. So you could max out dodge in a mere 12 fights... and each fight will involve holding down the S key for 10 seconds in real life (+press F twice to kill the conservative!)  So... I don't see a problem with your including the dodge training in the video. Completely your choice, of course.

... You can get gun violence issue while fighting unarmed? ... presumably because your OPPONENTS are armed?

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 12:38:53 pm »

The huge impact I make when I actually bother to stop murdering Conservatives and start changing the world is why I don't concern myself so much with the issues. I enjoy how I play, and I believe I have enough knowledge in how the game works to make the issues eventually fall in line while I'm dispensing Vigilante Liberal Justice.

Anyway, I've never actually worked on training my dodge skill before, not even for my founder, not even for my mass murdering style of play, so I didn't know how long it'd actually take. Since you don't have a problem with watching it, however, I'll give it a shot next video. I planned on introducing the Conservatives to Grimith + AK47 anyway, so I can combine Dodge and Rifle training for maximum fun. Providing you're into that sort of thing, of course.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 07:07:30 pm »

Update 009: Video

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:27:08 pm by Grimith »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15