Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's Get On With It - Liberal Crime Squad: A Let's Play Adventure (COMPLETED)  (Read 107911 times)

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get On With It - Liberal Crime Squad: A Let's Play Adventure
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 07:19:55 pm »

Update 010: Video 10A \ 10B

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:28:14 pm by Grimith »

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 07:39:12 pm »

Looks like a front page article to me... anyhow, if Patricia wants a better article, write one herself! Now, if you can just scrounge up a printing press...

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 07:47:54 pm »

On that thread, I just thought about what a shame it is that there are no Newspaper outlets for you to raid. Sure, there's television and radio news stations, but what about being able to raid as something epic as The Times itself!? You could have a special action relating to commandeering the printing press and emphasizing the issues you want. Since it would be a very Conservative outlet, trusted by the automatons, the Liberal information you could issue from it would be highly profound and shocking!

But, eh, that was just a sudden thought regarding the matter. There are already news outlets in the game, and a printing press is fairly inexpensive. No point for such a site unless you want more of a variety. Why, you could even populate the place with Desk Jockeys, Journalists, and Editors. Not to mention a few Corporate types who would undoubtedly possess great interest in their business!

...But that is a serious digression, best left to the suggestion thread. Update 11, perhaps even 12, should be introduced later this evening.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 12:09:10 am »

NEWSFLASH: The video for Update 11 can be viewed here. I've had it uploaded for about two hours now, but I didn't post anything immediately because I've been spending this time creating a music video/montage of sorts. Well, I did, but there's one problem: It sucks. So I'm not uploading it. I'm going to chalk that up to a "it's been way too long since I tinkered with videos" experience, keep it for posterity (and a few humorous bits), and get on with my life.

-EDIT: I offered tantalizing promises of another video update and failed to deliver because I was getting my geek on. Alas.

-EDIT2: Imageshack is continuing to make images disappear. I am currently in the process of clearing out old pictures and uploading all of my LCS pictures onto my Photobucket account.

-EDIT3: All screenshot links in the updates have been switched from Imageshack to Photobucket. Due to the way I had named the screenshots for the past ten updates, I may have gotten confused while placing the links and matched the wrong image to the wrong section. If you notice incorrect screeshots (or missing ones; the blank space will be a giveaway), please inform me so I may correct the problem. Thank you in advance.

Now that I'm finished with this labor, I can get to work creating the narrative update for Update 11. I remembered this morning that I have a program called Screen Capture Professional which also operates on Alt+PrtSc, so that'll further streamline the process and get the story update done sooner.

And, of course, the quicker I finish that... the quicker I'll record more videos. Huzzah!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:00:27 pm by Grimith »

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 05:17:32 pm »

Update 011: Video 11A \ 11B

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:29:28 pm by Grimith »

Zsword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 10:45:42 pm »

This is really cool. Can't wait to see more. BTW, if you feel your commentaryis starting to run dry, and you need you something to spice it up, I also have small expierence LPing and would be more than happy to offer my services as a guest commentator.

PS: To anyone who just had the brilliant idea of checking me out on youtube, don't, I hate my commentary, I lack a focus. The way I figure is if I'm a guest commentator, I don't have to worry about it as much seeing as I'm not the one running the gig.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 11:37:15 pm »

Update 012: Video

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:30:09 pm by Grimith »

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 04:11:25 pm »

Update 013: Video 13A \ 13B

(Updates are on hold for now while I do some other stuff, like try to contact Zsword. I left him a PM; maybe he'll respond to it, providing he got it! Who knows? It is a mystery...

But, no, seriously, there's plenty of update material available for you folks to cope. This is a big forum, too. I'm sure you all will manage.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:32:38 pm by Grimith »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 07:27:26 pm »

I CAN'T MANAGE!  :( :P

I'm slightly sad you aren't playing with the CCS, since about now is when they'd get started, and it would be fun for you track them down and crush them. Oh well!

I hope you'll crack a couple of safes eventually!

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 07:33:47 pm »

Whenever I allow the CCS in one of my games, I get angry because they keep going on rampages and make themselves look like incompetent morons - which they are, but that's irrelevant to my point. If I wait until they appear normally, then it's too late for them to affect the issues. If I let them start right from the beginning, then I get stacks of newspaper rampage spam. It's quite depressing.

But, just so you know, I figure I'm going to be doing another LCS LP after this one, equipped with both Nightmare Mode and We Didn't Start The Fire action. Just to illustrate how failtrain the CCS is.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:46:29 pm by Grimith »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 08:20:11 pm »

They may be rampaging when they should be making successful attacks. I thought I'd fixed that but I have sneaking suspicion that it's not actually fixed.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:55 pm »

I have seen them make successful attacks from time to time... but, I don't know. Perhaps my memory's a bit rusty on the affair, and I'm over-exaggerating. Regardless, like I mentioned earlier: I'm strongly considering doing another LP after I finish this one which contains an active and "powerful" CCS. It'll also be video-only unless there's a strong outcry.

-EDIT: Video 14 has been finished for a while, but it's not finished uploading yet. I was able to get started on it sooner than I thought. The upload will be finished in another forty-five minutes, so, if you're interested, check back then. I doubt there'll be a narrative update to go along with it... but I do believe I've done quite enough so far in this thread. So there. =P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:51:11 pm by Grimith »

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 12:39:58 am »

Video 14 - Dailymotion Slightly edited because of Dailymotion length restriction.
Video 14 - Veoh Uncut.
Video 14A \ 14B - YouTube Added after the fact through Edit.

Here's the story:

Zsword offered to do guest commentary for one of my videos, and I, being inexperienced in the ways of creating video game logs for the internet, decided that, well, since I never had a guest commentator before, why not take him up on his offer? After I recorded Video 14 sans audio, I sent it to him and called him over Skype so we could record the audio for the video together.

That's why my voice is very noticeably louder than his; besides the fact that I'm a boisterous guy, his voice has to carry from my speakers to my internal laptop microphone.

Anyway, we had to do two takes of the recording session (many jokes and much awkwardness were left behind in the first version) because I, in my idiocy, decided to full-screen WMP and then tell Camstudio to record full screen. Twenty minutes and 609 MB later, I realized I needed to L2Think and asked Zsword if he'd be kind enough to do another take with me. He was, and here are the fruits of our labor.

I enjoyed recording a video with him (as well as talking to him); while I thoroughly enjoy LCS, and I would have said something remotely humorous over the course of the video - like in regards to the Pet Warped Bear and losing my taxicab - having his presence injected a new line of thought which, I believe, makes the video more enjoyable than the others... even though we don't talk too much about what's happening on-screen. If you (seven) folks who keep track of this LGWI/LP enjoyed this style of commentary as well, then I'll keep it in mind for future videos if anyone else wants to join me on a trek through Grimith Slaughters All. If, on the other hand, you folks would rather hear me plod along with my booming voice in the videos, then that's cool too; just tell me so.

For that matter, I ask those of you who read and enjoy this thread to advertise it to folks who enjoy LP-style readings/watchings, enjoy Liberal Crime Squad, and/or you think could enjoy something like this. Despite how much I hate on the peaceful style of play, the game's open-ended and fun, and I hope that I can encourage folks who've never heard about the game or given it much thought to play it more and share their stories in the Curses subforum.

...Also, if there are any lurkers out there, stop lurking and post. Seriously. Share. Even if you think I suck. Especially if hippies are your favorite recruits. Go ahead and share.

OK, that's enough spewing of Liberal tolerance for me. Read you folks later.

One more thing:

Thanks, Zsword!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:36:06 pm by Grimith »

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2010, 01:41:07 am »

Why does Grimith not go on a *MURDEROUS RAMPAGE*tm in the CEO residence and all those areas? What's with the sudden change to stealth?

I was looking forward to slaughter of conservatives in all the issue sites... kill the guard dogs, mercenaries, death squads, etc!!!

Besides, AFAIK, murdering 5 conservatives has a larger effect than pressing the red button...

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2010, 02:29:59 am »

I think I can answer your questions:

1. I didn't want to lose the taxicab. My founder's driving skill is nonexistant, and there's no way I would have entertained the idea of trying to flee from Conservatives in a high speed chase unless he had been near death and one of his legs had been blown to smithereens. In part, I avoided causing too much ruckus at those sites because I wanted to keep driving the cab for as long as I could. Clearly, I failtrained when I drove it to the Halls of Ultimate Judgment by mistake and lost the damn thing, but mistakes happen.

2. I thought it would be cool to illustrate the fact that I am capable of playing stealthily, especially since it's a change from how I have been playing. Sneaking unnoticed through the Police Station while getting caught each time I went into the CEO Residence also illustrates the inherent humor in the RNG. Guard dogs or not, I thought the Death Squads would notice me and bring the pain.

3. I keep laughing every time I unequip the AK-47 and the Conservatives fail to notice it in Grimith's pants.

4. I tempt the RNG regularly, but I'm not suicidal. DS Officers carry M16s, and Mercenaries carry AR-15s. While I have no qualms with tempting my luck against individuals or small groups, I shy away from engaging full complements of either of those NPCs with one man. I have replacement members who could take the mantle should my founder fall, but I would definitely have to come up with a different perspective for the narrative. Unless I decide to let him write a ghost journal.

5. I wanted a break from violence. Don't worry: I'm not going to go out and recruit hippies, give them guitars, and have them sing us some songs. That'd be absurd. I'll get back to gratuitous killing soon enough. In fact, if anything, I thought the viewers would enjoy the breath of fresh air. I've looked at the issues several times and applied myself at working towards Liberalizing them through non-excessively violent means!

6. My "F" key got tired of the abuse and wanted a break.

7. Buildings are easy to close down via murder sprees - in one instance, I had shut down both the Police Station and Court House with some serious Liberal Justice, and a few of my weaker, less-skilled Liberals managed to get arrested. Didn't have an easy time freeing them, I assure you. I wanted to keep my options on where I could visit in the next video or two; don't know what I'll do for those yet, so I figured I'd wait and see.

8. Gotta give Zsword a reason to guest star on another of my videos: He didn't get to witness Terminator Founder.

9. Gotta give folks who get their jollies from Terminator Founder another reason to keep watching.

10. Because I want to have my founder learn a well-rounded curriculum. He will be the Shepherd of Liberals Yet To Come. They will require learning at his knee.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15