Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 33989 times)

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
Beginners Succession Game
« on: March 05, 2010, 02:52:57 pm »

I'm sure this has been done but I would like to start a succession game for newer/less experienced players. I have multiple completed forts none of which are easy on the eyes even in stonesense but I am still learning quite a lot and wan't to try my first succession game. I don't really wan't to jump into a succession with a bunch of experienced players and mess something up.  :) 

1. Set (Completed)
2. DarkChasm(Completed)
3. Quinnr(Completed)
4. Trig(Complete)
5. Phil_Z(Complete)
6. Ze Spy(Skipped)
7. Put(Complete)
8. DustyLou2(Complete)
9. Slayer(Complete)
10. Burnt Pies(Current)
I would like to keep it at a max of 10 just to try and keep it somewhat less convoluted.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:35:32 pm by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 04:20:39 pm »

I might sign up, I've been stalking these forums for a long time reading stories and it might do good to be able to get into one.

Put me on the list if you want
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 04:59:38 pm »

*runs screaming inside here* SIGN ME IN ! *runs out of here screaming*

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 05:04:23 pm »

I will join.
I really need military experience though...usually I just lock my dwarves up. Must practice before it starts!

Time limits? Depending on how long, I might not be able to play.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »

sign me up

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 06:27:23 pm »

Awesome. I will start for year 1 and then pass it on to the next.

1. Set
2. DarkChasm(Possible
3. Jetsquirrel
4. Quinnr
5. Banana

Alright, once your turn starts the max time you have to complete it is a week if you have responded and said that you were going to take your turn. When your turn starts if you do not respond within two days it goes to the next person. I will generate a world and pick a somewhat easy place for us to begin. I suggest at least two updates or a large one encompassing your entire year of play telling what you worked on the most and what you are leaving behind.  (Screen shots appreciated.) At the end of your turn name a dwarf after yourself. If anyone else has a suggestion just say so.  :) I'll post in a bit with my update after the generation has completed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:32:02 am by Set_Beadra »

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 07:11:39 pm »

Here I go.

In the beginning we all thought it a good idea to set out and build a new fortress. A 'better' fortress than our predecessors. We thought we could easily do better than any other dwarf civilization. Yet now that we have found a location and have begun construction, I doubt my original plan.

I eye the mountainside spotting a suitable location near the magma vent. I immediately order our resident mason to begin construction on a wall around it. Don't want any stray imps burning us to a crisp right from the get go. As me and my fellow miner begin digging within the mountain we almost immediately find black zircon. Whether this is a good or bad omen though is still to be known. We dig deeper...

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:31:59 am by Set_Beadra »

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 07:50:16 pm »

Those walls that I had built managed to keep back a small army of those nasty imps. Stone save us we can get more work done with the magma in this area safely.

No migrants yet which has annoyed me a bit. The lack of dwarfpower needed to get what I want done before my year ends is lacking. Oh well...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:31:54 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 08:09:41 pm »

God, I hate it when you get the no migrants message.
:D

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 08:30:34 pm »

Heh heh, later on I don't mind it when I have 100 or so dwarfs but at the beginning migrants are a godsend.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:31:49 am by Set_Beadra »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 08:36:57 pm »

I'm not a new player, but I do suck. Can I still join?

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 08:45:36 pm »

Winter is upon me and I am quite proud of myself. I have managed to establish some working magma smelters and the groundwork is laid for any more magma furnaces.

Also, this.

A pit/garbage dump. Watch your enemies melt in the lava put below. :)

Some migrants did arrive and it has helped quite a bit. I have completed most of the jobs I was hoping to get done all but a complete housing situation for the dwarfs and I don't think I will be able to complete that in time.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:31:46 am by Set_Beadra »

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 08:47:20 pm »

Sure caz. I consider this more for a learning experience as this is my first succession game.
Updated list
1. Set
2. DarkChasm(Possible
3. Jetsquirrel
4. Quinnr
5. Banana
6. Caz
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:31:41 am by Set_Beadra »

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:43 pm »

My reign has ended but I have left my legacy in a miner of whom progressed very quickly and did a lot of work.

Jobs completed -
Foundation for magma forges
Magma pit/garbage dump
4 champion wrestlers
Drawbridge with a lever in the meeting hall.

There's a lot of work to do. Watch our food and drink stocks I don't know how they are doing all that well. There are two farms one for plump helmets the other I had planned to plant pig tails. There's a lack of wood in the wilderness but with some trading we can manage.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EJWDCXVG
1. Set (Completed)
2. DarkChasm(Possible) <--- Is up unless no response within 48 hours.
3. Jetsquirrel
4. Quinnr
5. Banana
6. Caz
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:31:35 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 09:26:21 pm »

What version are we playing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28