Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 33987 times)

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 09:53:41 pm »

I have always been using this version. I don't know what part of that version I am supposed to tell you so here's a screen shot with it on it. What version does everyone else use? I am still using the one I downloaded from the newby tutorial same tile set that was given there too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:32:32 am by Set_Beadra »
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 10:57:53 pm »

40d...everyone else is using 40d19, the newest awesome speed. Saves can go between though, so I don't care too much.

Alpha version, d19, is here: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=50514.0

It's about twice as fast as regular 40d on my computer. But as I said, saves are compatiable.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 11:04:35 pm »

Alright I downloaded that one but when I run it with a tile set it looks really badly messed up and I cannot scroll through menus that require the holding of alt + direction. I had tried downloading that before as well as the newer version of the mayday tile set but it just doesn't seem to work.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:35:00 am by Set_Beadra »

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 11:10:47 pm »

Alright I downloaded that one but when I run it with a tile set it looks really badly messed up and I cannot scroll through menus that require the holding of alt + direction. I had tried downloading that before as well as the newer version of the mayday tile set but it just doesn't seem to work.

You might have to check the Init files, they added new graphics modes which might not work with your computer. It doesn't really mater, I can still play on d19 with a d save.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 11:23:42 pm »

I want to get the new version to work with the mayday tile set that I got from here. http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php
I just don't know whats wrong with it. I check the init file but I'm not sure what to change. The download for the tile set comes with a version of the game that is extremely glitchy for me.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:34:56 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 11:33:01 pm »

I'll set up the latest version with the mike mayday tileset. Mike Mayday's tileset DOES break saves though, by adding and changing some things. Not really sure how to make it compatiable though. I can play with the tileset if needed, it gets laggy though.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 11:35:26 pm »

I wasnt aware it did that. If you have another tile set that looks kind of like it thats not ascii which hurts my eyes >_< Then I would be much appreciative.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:35:27 am by Set_Beadra »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 12:10:52 am »

Yeah, it has some cat mouth editing, and something else...see this thread:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=50051.msg1049929#msg1049929

I don't mind using it, but ask the others too. I'll find another tileset or 5. I'll even import it into d19, if you want.

What about this set:
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/File:DR-1b.png

I can try to get Mike Mayday's to be compatiable too, if you want. Might not work though.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 12:12:41 am »

Hmmm...someone said they had no problems putting saves from vanilla into DFG, so I'll test it tomorrow and let ya know if it works.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 12:27:27 am »

Sure that tile set looks fine. Yeah I got a cat mouth error when I tried running a newer version of DF with mike's tileset. That would be great if you could get it set up with the newer version. Thanks much.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 12:30:28 am »

Sure that tile set looks fine. Yeah I got a cat mouth error when I tried running a newer version of DF with mike's tileset. That would be great if you could get it set up with the newer version. Thanks much.

That's fixed in 40d19 I thought...I can fix the raws, although everyone else will have to do it too. (it's really easy.)

I'll do it in the morning.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 04:34:16 am »

I'll try my hand at messing continuing this, wish me luck or doom, whichevers more entertaining
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 04:38:09 am by DarkChasm »
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 04:44:18 am »

Luck! I wanna be the one to doom us.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 05:28:30 am »

ok, sorry for double post but i'll start writing now:

They want me to oversee construction of this new fort? why? I have no idea but maybe it could do me some good.
Well I've arrived after running away from the rivers edge as I don't want to be the next victim of a carp attack, as the rheseus maruaqe have and so far it looks ok (though I am only staring at the entrance)
As I travel inside everything seems good for a new fortress, a well designed plan and... oh wait I may have spotted a problem...

These workshops are directly above the sleeping quarters and the noise from it could create unrest, but moving onwards now...
after looking through the fortress I have only 2 complaints, you'll see the second one later and im going to show the overseer about these! or maybe not, as I AM the overseer.

We seem to have miasma

And now an infestation of elves, how did they know about us? our cats have enough vermin to kill!

--13th of slate mid spring--

Well, at least the elves are leaving, I don't know whether to rejoice or to shout in their face "BRING SOMETHING BETTER NEXT TIME!!!"

I have also been informed that if some dwarves get bored enough they will set off as migrants to come to this fortress which could be useful when i need to mass butcher kittens.

--10th of Felsite--

Migrants!

And with that out grand total is... 39 DWARVES!
We need more beds
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:57:25 am by DarkChasm »

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 10:39:28 am »

--17th of Hematite--

Ahhh, someone worth trading with, the come with summer and bring plenty of useful items along with them, if only they would trade armour that fit us.

The first strange mood I've seen for a while, my wishes go with him to make a beutifal artifact which will make our fortress famous for fine crafts, the fame and for---

WHY THE HELL DOES HE WANT GLASS?!

--21st of Hematite--

We have mostly finished our trading with the humans (he had no glass, we're out of luck about that) and have made arrangements to bring wood, beer etc, a bit of food and a few barrels (i like barrels) and now time to sort out this moody dwarf

After scouting the area I have bad news, no sand anywhere, that dwarf is going to die, I hope he goes suicidal and chucks himself in the lava vent.

OOC (out of character): sorry guys but he has no chance of survival, I was hoping to find just one tiny sprinkle of sand but there is none :( EDIT: he was also our brewer :o

--16th of malachite--

The river runs red with another victim of the carp, as I was hunting the carp jumped out of the water and ripped apart my prey in a couple of quick seconds, it then lunged for me, grabbing me as I shot it through the head.
At least I survived

--4th of Galena--

About time too, have a nice time in the magma/lava, if i can get you there anyway

--17th of limestone--

The dwarves are here!

--20th of limestone--

and so the honour of being the first to die in this fortress has come to lolor, our main brewer.
He was a good dwarf but I really can't be bothered to make coffins, rest in piece next to the remains of musox lolor.

HOLD THAT THOUGHT! I have had a better idea of what to do with the corpse, dump it into the lava vent!

and so the corpse has been incinerated to a crisp and we can all smell fresh meat in the air, maybe we should've butchered and eaten him for he smells nicer cooked

Also, I have announced that I want to smell as nice as that and when I die to be thrown into some lava, it doesn't matter where (though i'm planning on building a tomb real quick)
Work has begunon my tomb

--25th of sandstone--

It's been a while since my last diary entry (about throwing a dead dude in magma) but time has come to rectify that idiots mistake (seriously, glass?)! some random peasant nobody cares about has gone moody!

He only made a stone idol... but at least we now have a legendary stonecrafter

Also, I'm having second thoughts about the magma idea but my tomb is still being constructed

Yay?

Nothing more has happened lately, except 2 dwarves decided to stop drinking alchohol and got eaten by the carp, idiots
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:14:08 am by DarkChasm »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28