Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46

Author Topic: iPick [d5] 4/13 alive - Game over, citizen. Town wins.  (Read 87785 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Let's vote dakarian!
Something happen?
Leafsnail
This player did not know his BOOSTed power.
How was he boosted?
same text appears on Nirur. Therefore neither could be boosted.

Something feels off. Petherbridges as Cop Roleblocker? One is a 9th-d at judo, one is an Adelaide landowner, one is a footballer.

Also, webadict, what do you mean by cop roleblocker? roleblocker-of-cops?
... Roleblocker of cops?

Are you really trying to stretch that? Like, you HAVE to stretch that in order to get that. It's Cop/Roleblocker.

Dakarian is scum. I know that for a fact. He has yet to deny the fact that he's scum since I've claimed he is scum. Wanna know why? Because he's scum. Seriously, he knows I know he's scum, so he's just going to ignore everything I say.

Now, seriously, can we lynch him? Because he's scum. It's blatantly obvious, too.

So, dakarian, why did you kill Leafsnail last Night? What did you gain from that? Pretty lame kill, in my opinion, since it seems you're trying to destroy everything Nirur Torir said about dakarian. Plus, I had no idea what Leafsnail was, since he usually plays very similar.

Web felt that it was important for us to know that he 'had the power'.  So, of course, I'll want to know what he was babbling about. 
Right! So voting for me is the right thing to do, instead of asking. You have so many better targets, but you had to waste some of your time and everyone else's time voting. Did what I say make you think I was scum? Because none of what you're saying actually adds up!

No, I didn't think he was a jester.  3rd party, but not jester.  He didn't ask if I thought he was a jester, he said "I thought I was a Jester, pal?"
Sure. Whatever lets you sleep at Night. Or kill. If I'm a third party, why on Earth would you vote me instead of scum? You said earlier that you only plan to lynch scum. What happened to that? See, you're contradicting yourself in lots of places. You're not even doing anything.

No, I don't get that and thought he was just being meh again like early D1.  As stated, I'm still deeming him 3rd party so there's no point to pushing farther unless something shows up.
Okay, makes your point very moot, doesn't it? I've had a few times as third party, and even then I don't screw over the Town. You act like third party is some sort of mindless idiot, and even were I third party, I have better things to do then ruin my credibility. Like lynch you.

As for your attack in Sir.. I dislike the start of it.  I CAN see Sir's argument of buddying as legitimate, especially since that's a VERY powerful tool the scum have against the town.  After that, he explained his actions and pushed and attacked.  His votes were not among the first but instead of a bandwagon (which you advocate with the "why are you still pressuring him?") he actually tries to read people. 
What the heck are you trying to say? "I agree but not really." It's incredibly passive and incredibly unlike you.

Simply put, I see that he's actually hunting.  That's why I didn't go after him Day 1 (and yes, I saw you two fighting then).  You, however, seem to be picking every little detail desperate for SOMETHING to stick.  Thus why you bug about how I'm treating Web even though I made myself VERY clear how I am reading him.
Hahahaha. You're basically saying, "I'm not going to reply to anything he says." Okay, well then can someone else say it for me? Something's going to stick because YOU'RE SCUM. That's why it will stick! It's out there! There's so many things that, yes, some should stick!

You act like you couldn't possibly have ANY SCUMTELLS OUT THERE EVER! That's stupid! Of course you have scumtells. Every Town does! Denying that there are any out there is scummy, because only the scum care about that or are paying enough attention to think so!

My goodness!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: iPick [d1] 13/13 alive - WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
« Reply #376 on: March 15, 2010, 12:15:40 pm »

I was under the impression people that went for breaking people only called sides after breaking people. Not sure when that changed. So, SirBayer, why does Nirur Torir appear town to you, and why aren't you fighting to save him if you think he's town? I'm bothered extremely by how passive you are about the guy you think is town getting lynched and the people you think are scum getting a free pass.

Nirur looked like town. I didn't break him entirely, which was annoying, but I figured there was no point in lingering on him.

Oh, and I didn't defend him because, y'know, that's a stupid thing to do. You let people answer their own questions. You, just like Webadict, appear to be criticizing me for doing things that townies do. Which, needless to say, I find incredibly suspicious.

Quote from: MrPerson
Webadict was not throwing out WIFOM. Stop trying to make it, it doesn't exist. Period. End of story. I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.

Just read it again. Read it a few more times. And then stop defending your buddy.

SirBayer, trying to kill people via lynch is, in no way, scummy. I have no idea why you think that lynching people is evil and vile and whatever, but it's the whole point of the game. Pressure votes are one thing, sure, but voting a guy who has 3 other votes (including not unvoting, so this does mean you) sends a strong message that you want the player you're voting lynched. Either that or you don't care, but that's pretty easy to determine.

OH, OKAY

VOTING TO KILL PEOPLE WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT IS A-OKAY!

No. No, I vote to pressure, and if they turn up scum, I leave it there. You don't vote with intention to kill, not in the Mafia I've been taught to play. Pressure first, then killing. Only killing when you're sure the target is scum.

Web WHAT power?

That's rolefishing.

O.o  you thought you was a Jester?  Did your shell come back on? 

Either you're being dense on purpose or you just made a grave mistake. Webadict asked you "Why are you voting me if you think I'm a jester?", to which you respond with confusion... and back off. Wait, if you were confused, why did you back off?

So, first part is... retarded confusion or complete lack of attention. Gee, I guess you don't need to read his posts to know his alignment?

Second part is an accusation.

That is never followed through on. The next post is all of "GEE WELL THAT'S HOW I DO THINGS" when Dak actually replies to your arguments. So I guess you've really got nothing on him but your complaints that he's capable of making an argument.

Mr. Person.

You're making attacks. You're not following through with them. You've got no reason, and when confronted with that fact, you drop all your arguments and run for cover behind "THAT'S WHAT I DO". You're defending Webadict, attacking (sideline attacking, anyway) the same person he's attacking, and you haven't really spoken a word to him or gotten in on any of the arguments or talked about his alignment or anything.

You're related somehow and I want to know how, and I want to know how now.

Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Caution SirBayer.

That's why people think not voting to kill is scummy.  You can't just be like, "I'm going to place my vote on this dude and back off if he's not my type."  You vote someone and ATTACK them.  See Webadict's top post for this page (Que people bragging they don't use the default posts per page junk).  Leaving a vote on someone and WAITING does NOTHING.

Speaking of which, EDUREN.  Where are you and who are your suspicions right now!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I DON'T USE DEFAULT POSTS PER PAGE JUNK. >:[
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently, you missed the entire part earlier on in the game where I said I thought Webadict was a Jester. Good for you, ignoring small details like that.

Nirur looked like town. I didn't break him entirely, which was annoying, but I figured there was no point in lingering on him.

Oh, and I didn't defend him because, y'know, that's a stupid thing to do. You let people answer their own questions. You, just like Webadict, appear to be criticizing me for doing things that townies do. Which, needless to say, I find incredibly suspicious.

No, if you think someone is town, you try to stop them from getting lynched. Letting a bandwagon go on without saying a peep even though you think the player getting lynched is town is extremely scummy. I'm not sure how anybody can even begin to argue otherwise, but maybe you'll surprise me.

Webadict was not throwing out WIFOM. Stop trying to make it, it doesn't exist. Period. End of story. I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.

Just read it again. Read it a few more times. And then stop defending your buddy.

You seem to be unable to point out the WIFOM in his statement, which only makes me more sure there is, in fact, no WIFOM in his statement.

SirBayer, trying to kill people via lynch is, in no way, scummy. I have no idea why you think that lynching people is evil and vile and whatever, but it's the whole point of the game. Pressure votes are one thing, sure, but voting a guy who has 3 other votes (including not unvoting, so this does mean you) sends a strong message that you want the player you're voting lynched. Either that or you don't care, but that's pretty easy to determine.

OH, OKAY

VOTING TO KILL PEOPLE WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT IS A-OKAY!

No. No, I vote to pressure, and if they turn up scum, I leave it there. You don't vote with intention to kill, not in the Mafia I've been taught to play. Pressure first, then killing. Only killing when you're sure the target is scum.
First off, not everyone pressure votes. You're going to have to learn that real fast. Second, this was after you had pressure voted for awhile and others jumped in the wagon. I believe Nirur Torir had 4 votes total on him total.[/s]

Actually, fuck it. This part doesn't matter. You win the point, I don't care, it doesn't matter.

Web WHAT power?

That's rolefishing.

O.o  you thought you was a Jester?  Did your shell come back on? 

Either you're being dense on purpose or you just made a grave mistake. Webadict asked you "Why are you voting me if you think I'm a jester?", to which you respond with confusion... and back off. Wait, if you were confused, why did you back off?

So, first part is... retarded confusion or complete lack of attention. Gee, I guess you don't need to read his posts to know his alignment?

Second part is an accusation.

That is never followed through on. The next post is all of "GEE WELL THAT'S HOW I DO THINGS" when Dak actually replies to your arguments. So I guess you've really got nothing on him but your complaints that he's capable of making an argument.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but I'm sort of in the middle of voting you. It'd look quite odd if I were to drop my vote on you to join in on the Dakarian wagon.

On that note, unvote SirBayer and vote Dakarian. Does it look like I changed my mind mid-post? It should, because I did. I was rereading your actions after Nirur Torir got wagon'd when I realized that not only had you done everything you said you should, you also did exactly what I expected a townie to do and not what I would of expected scum to do. Not to be rude, but I don't think you're that good as a scum player yet. I know I'm not, and I don't think anybody but maybe Webadict or Alex are that good. Then I looked back at my entire argument, especially the tail end of it, and realized the entire thing was pointless semantics and other bullshit that wouldn't prove you town or scum no matter how you answered it. Then I looked past that we disagree on shit that, frankly, doesn't matter, and decided you were town. Then I thought how odd it would lurk to have a turnaround right after you vote me and thought about waiting. Then I realized that's what scum would of done and said "fuck it," and, that's how we're here.

Anyways, no more of that until the next paragraph. Dakarian, that may explain why you backed off of Webadict, but then that leaves the small problem of why you voted Webadict to begin with. I know this doesn't sound like enough to vote a person, but trust me. Dakarian, go ahead, answer this. Maybe your scummy self can surprise me.

Mr. Person.

You're making attacks. You're not following through with them. You've got no reason, and when confronted with that fact, you drop all your arguments and run for cover behind "THAT'S WHAT I DO". You're defending Webadict, attacking (sideline attacking, anyway) the same person he's attacking, and you haven't really spoken a word to him or gotten in on any of the arguments or talked about his alignment or anything.

You're related somehow and I want to know how, and I want to know how now.

Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

I don't think Webadict is scum, so I'm going to listen to what he says. Please clarify what you mean by related, I'm confused. Actually, you know what, don't. Your readings will be better if neither I nor Webadict have any idea what you mean, so just do whatever. As a side note, you're going to have to ask questions to get answers.

You're as blinded by bias as much as I was. Seriously, you're calling what I did sidelining? At the time, I did in fact think Dakarian was scum. OH NOES! I didn't think I made it any secret I was thinking he was scum. I don't throw around "You're scum" the way other people do, so when I say "You're scum", that means that I 100% think that player is scum. I wasn't sure with Dakarian, so I asked him some questions. I didn't like his "answers", and I decided my current vote target was scum, so I moved over to Dakarian. It's that simple.

Unless you mistakingly think that anybody who threatens without voting is sidelining, but then you have to admit, there's 3 scum and each player has 1 vote, so naturally everybody's going to have 2 players they think are scum that they aren't going to be voting. I think we have lurking scum. Yes, I fucking see you, lurkers.

Mr.Person did a "I'll explain everything shortly."  So I replied with "Then do it!".  There's not much more to say until he replies.. IF he replies.

Notice the veiled threat? I don't understand, did he seriously think I would just up and disappear on him? Actually, that may not of been such a bad assumption. I happen to know for a fact that lurking is a good way to get Dakarian to unvote you. Oops, I let the cat out of the bag!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Because I have nothing better to do while I let computers kill me in Blazblue to unlock the loss-path stuffs.
CobaltKobold [Z]:
Dakarian [3]: Webadict, Jokerman-EXE, Mr.Person
Diakron [Z]:
Eduren [1]: ToonyMan
Jokerman-EXE [Z]:
Leafsnail [Z]:
Mr.Person [2]: Dakarian, SirBayer
Nirur Torir [Z]:
SirBayer [Z]:
ToonyMan [Z]:
tehstefan [Z]:
Vector [Z]:
Webadict [1]: CobaltKobold
11 alive, 6 to hammer
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You play Blazblue?  I happen to play Bang myself (he's the hot-blooded type I like).

BANG BANG BANG BANG OHYHIOA

His theme music, amazing.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

PLAY NU
SPAM HER DRIVE

Fuck you arcade mode
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I can't play anybody but Bang, it's impossible.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Same goes for Captain Falcon in Smash Bros.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I'm going through all the characters still.

Bang is pretty awesome. Jin is irritating. Rachel is irritating. Arakune is irritating. Rawrgnya is okay. Taokaka is funny but I can't use her well.

What do Bang's floating nails do?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You can air dash on them, you can place up to four too so if you can set it up right you can own the air.

His drive attacks are useful because if you are able to land four you can go into SUPER AWESOME FORM for about 50% heat, not a bad deal in that YOU DASH EVERYWHERE IN A BLUR, HAVE TWO MORE AIR DASHES WITHOUT NAILS, AND HAVE YELLOW HAIR.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

HOLY SHIT I JUST TURNED ON HIS SUPERTHEME SONG AND WRECKED NU'S SHIT! THIS IS AMAZING!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Dakarian is scum. I know that for a fact. He has yet to deny the fact that he's scum since I've claimed he is scum. Wanna know why? Because he's scum. Seriously, he knows I know he's scum, so he's just going to ignore everything I say.

You've been stuck on my all the blasted game and half the time you havn't even put up anything to attack with?  You want to go into "yes he is, no I'm not!" for a while then?

Now, seriously, can we lynch him? Because he's scum. It's blatantly obvious, too.

So, dakarian, why did you kill Leafsnail last Night? What did you gain from that? Pretty lame kill, in my opinion, since it seems you're trying to destroy everything Nirur Torir said about dakarian. Plus, I had no idea what Leafsnail was, since he usually plays very similar.

I didn't kill leafsnail.  I don't have a nightkill in any form.  Next question?

Web felt that it was important for us to know that he 'had the power'.  So, of course, I'll want to know what he was babbling about. 
Right! So voting for me is the right thing to do, instead of asking. You have so many better targets, but you had to waste some of your time and everyone else's time voting. Did what I say make you think I was scum? Because none of what you're saying actually adds up!

Pressure vote.  Unless I'm already on a target, I vote on whoever I'm focused on, simply put.  I'm still watching you in case you do fling out scumtells.

No, I didn't think he was a jester.  3rd party, but not jester.  He didn't ask if I thought he was a jester, he said "I thought I was a Jester, pal?"
Sure. Whatever lets you sleep at Night. Or kill. If I'm a third party, why on Earth would you vote me instead of scum? You said earlier that you only plan to lynch scum. What happened to that? See, you're contradicting yourself in lots of places. You're not even doing anything.

When my vote is primed to lynch, I declare it.  Until then, I pressure.  That's what I've ALWAYS done. 

If I wanted you lynched, I would've stated I was done with you and turned to actually getting you lynched, not just asking you questions on odd comments.

No, I don't get that and thought he was just being meh again like early D1.  As stated, I'm still deeming him 3rd party so there's no point to pushing farther unless something shows up.
Okay, makes your point very moot, doesn't it? I've had a few times as third party, and even then I don't screw over the Town. You act like third party is some sort of mindless idiot, and even were I third party, I have better things to do then ruin my credibility. Like lynch you.

Great.  Now prove that I insinuated that you are screwing over the town.  What I've said is that YOU ARE HIDING SOMETHING.  You had an extra strong shell that pops back in once in a while when you aren't in full attack or defense mode.  That's non-town behavior.  The behavior during full attack/defense mode rules out scum for the moment.  Thus I don't have many other options except 3rd party and town-with-very-strong-role.

As to why to call you 3rd rather than TWVSR?  If you're 3rd then I'm right.  If you're not then scum get a VERY NICE target for the night kill.  Since NEITHER results in finding scum I'm better off just leaving you alone.

As for your attack in Sir.. I dislike the start of it.  I CAN see Sir's argument of buddying as legitimate, especially since that's a VERY powerful tool the scum have against the town.  After that, he explained his actions and pushed and attacked.  His votes were not among the first but instead of a bandwagon (which you advocate with the "why are you still pressuring him?") he actually tries to read people. 
What the heck are you trying to say? "I agree but not really." It's incredibly passive and incredibly unlike you.

Misread.  It says "I don't believe that your argument against SirBayer is sound.  SirBayer had good reasons for his attacks and has been explaining himself.  He also didn't just bandwagon but actually looked for reasons for his vote."

Aka, "I disagree with Mr.Person  fully"

Simply put, I see that he's actually hunting.  That's why I didn't go after him Day 1 (and yes, I saw you two fighting then).  You, however, seem to be picking every little detail desperate for SOMETHING to stick.  Thus why you bug about how I'm treating Web even though I made myself VERY clear how I am reading him.
Hahahaha. You're basically saying, "I'm not going to reply to anything he says." Okay, well then can someone else say it for me? Something's going to stick because YOU'RE SCUM. That's why it will stick! It's out there! There's so many things that, yes, some should stick!

Misread and it's starting to sound on purpose since it's poorly out of context as well.  The entire argument is that Mr.Person is just nitpicking random parts of me as I shoot down each of his arguments.  None of his attacks stick but he keeps going trying to find something.  It's meh and a sign that he has no strong argument on me and just wants me gone.

You act like you couldn't possibly have ANY SCUMTELLS OUT THERE EVER! That's stupid! Of course you have scumtells. Every Town does! Denying that there are any out there is scummy, because only the scum care about that or are paying enough attention to think so!

My goodness!

Now show when I insinuated that I never threw a scumtell.  The last quote shows that Mr.Person doesn't have anything real on me: he just picked me as 'the lynch' and AFTER is trying to find evidence rather than letting the evidence point to me.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46