Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 220138 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Looming Presence [Turn 17]
« Reply #435 on: May 25, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »

Oh, all right.
I put my points in Healing.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 25, 2010, 06:29:08 pm »

I changed my mind. I'd rather have points in necromancy, for better control over my armies of death.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 25, 2010, 07:12:54 pm »

How many points can I save until I'm forced to use them? Or can I choose to not use them at all? Just asking.

You can save them, I guess. Don't know if I'll ever give out more though.

I'll try to get the turn up tomorrow.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Mirror Image [Turn 18]
« Reply #438 on: May 26, 2010, 12:21:51 pm »

Mirror Image [Turn 18]

huh hopes it's the old me's soul dagger screwing up the place, that'd be neat.
Shadow mechanics:Both shadows act in unison until one is inturrupted, the one that causes the interruption continues to exist, while the other vanishes?
Apply holy gel to my wounded arm, blessing the flesh.
i thinking this may do nothing, blow my arm off, or give me a holy arm, with which I could punch demons with and shatter their souls via FALC..... HOLY PUNCH!
You empty one of your vials and rub it on your arm. (2+2) Your arm smokes slightly (Luck 5) before magically healing into perfect condition.

+4 to Alchemy

I cast Summon Skeleton, then enter the imposing structure.
You begin to call a skeleton to your side (2+1) But have trouble finding one. You finally grasp an undead entity from another realm and pull it towards you. (Luck 3) A talking skull appears in your hand. It constantly chides you, along the lines of "What kind of mage are you? Can't even summon a proper skeleton, can you? I didn't think so. What a weakling" etc.

+1 to Summoning

I heal Kilakan and order my golem to add any corpses it finds to itself. Those hellhounds if they're still nearby, or maybe that food.
Only living creatures can be added to the golem, and Kilakan is already healed. (6+2) Instead you try to heal Nirur, but go way overboard with the treatment. (Luck 5) Luckily the procedure seems to have had no side-effects.

+1 to Alchemy
+1 to Healing

summon sandvich. Eat sandvich.
You attempt to locate more food to summon. (3+1) You find a sandvich. (Luck 3) You eat the sandvitch, and regain 120 nutritional points of health.

Unknown to you however, you just indirectly killed a heavy who was wondering where his sandvich went while he was burning to death.

+3 to Summoning

Carve up one of the black daggers with a Rune of warding

You focus on carving one of the daggers with a rune of warding. (1+2) You mess up while carving the rune into the dagger (Luck 1) and end up breaking it, getting slivers of the black metal in your hand.

Force myself to enter the building with Stone spirit in tow. We are both walking cautiously.
Query the Stone spirit of its magical knowledge, or what spells it knows. See if it can teach me some earthen magic too.
You ask the spirit of any earth magic is knows. (6) Despite being a minor spirit, it does know something you don't. (Luck 5) It teaches you this spell.

New Spell: Earth Heal
+3 to Elementalism

Alright, I put that ONE point into Scholar.
CRY MANLEH TEARS follow the other guys, and try to imbue a dagger with Force Bolt, seeking to enable to fire bolts of mana.
You try to imbue one of your remaining daggers with your Force Bolt spell. (5+1) You embed the magic in the dagger. (Luck 4-1) The enchantment doesn't seem to work quite as anticipated. In fact, it just seems to be a regular force dagger.

+2 to Metamagic

-----
The group enters the palace. They stand in awe as the display of wealth that greets them; gilded walls, crystal windows, and expensive statues line the halls. As they continue into the building, they come to a strange room. It is empty, with the exception of a dark mirrored surface at the back of the room. As the group looks at it, they find their gaze trapped by their reflections... but their reflections aren't normal. They appear dark and twisted, features contorted with malice and hate. Suddenly one of the reflections steps out of the mirror, and the others follow.
-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 26, 2010, 12:31:19 pm »

Offer the doppelganger a bite of snadvich.

Stand perfectly still and order my minions to attack my copy.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 26, 2010, 12:33:59 pm »

I order my skeleton to attack my double while I focus on countering his spells.

I can do that, right? If my double has my spells, I should have a fairly good grasp of how to either counter them, or break them terrifically.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 26, 2010, 12:38:10 pm »

You are quite good at breaking your own spells horrifically... but that usually ends in zombies. I'm hoping the copies copy us exactly, like the shadows and their clones.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #442 on: May 26, 2010, 02:06:45 pm »

Would that skull happen to be from Planescape Torment?

Fire of a Stone against the mirror and be done with this. The earthen spirit will attack the mirror too.

Hah! You didn't think I would know that if the medium would be destroyed our mirror images would cease to exist? Well I didn't, I'm just taking a chance on this. Hopefully it works and the images will do everything to protect the mirror leaving themselves open for the others to attack.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 26, 2010, 02:32:50 pm »

Wait for my double to draw a rune and kill himself in the process. Rune of warding on the ground.[/b] I am determined to give the entire group a warding bonus at least once.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 26, 2010, 02:37:15 pm »

Try to find something in the room, and throw it at the mirror.(not anything I own, like a tile or piece of furniture.
Nom nom nom

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 26, 2010, 06:40:40 pm »

Guys, who is the most dangerous double? We need to focus on him or her.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 26, 2010, 06:41:40 pm »

It's not me. I picked death magic this time, not healing magic.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 26, 2010, 06:49:07 pm »

Was that a joke about how healing magic does more harm than good, or a point that you need to take out the support (healer, strength buffer, etc) before the tanks?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 26, 2010, 06:52:55 pm »

if my double has the same potions as me... then my double might vaporize someone.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 26, 2010, 06:59:58 pm »

Was that a joke about how healing magic does more harm than good, or a point that you need to take out the support (healer, strength buffer, etc) before the tanks?
It was a joke referencing Arcanum Octet 1. I killed two players with healing spells, then turned them into hostile zombies.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 120