Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 217706 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Mirror Image [Turn 18]
« Reply #450 on: May 26, 2010, 07:03:59 pm »

Yeah, read it. It was pretty funny.
I don't think the double would have the same potions or minions, just the same skills. It's... just not how doubles are usually portrayed.

So... who do we gang up on?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 26, 2010, 07:09:08 pm »

Goddamnit, I need to get rid of this curse.

HALP

I attempt to lift the curse. I also accept any help that I can get :X
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 27, 2010, 04:43:47 pm »

Okay.  I'm willing to bet that it's that annoying shadow link from the water temple kind, primarily.  That means... you're screwed.  Perfect reflexes, absolute counter to everything you have, and more health to boot.  (AAAAUGH WHY WON'T YOU STOP SWINGING?)
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 27, 2010, 06:30:52 pm »

The thing about dark link was that he didn't seem to have any real intelligence. He was also my favorite mini boss because of his stupidity.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 27, 2010, 06:36:00 pm »

Dark link was almost impossible to hit... if you only used your sword. There are ways to exploit holes in his defense and win without getting hit.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 28, 2010, 05:27:03 pm »

Yeah I know, I can probably do it now, but I was like 12.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 02, 2010, 03:28:57 pm »

Offer the doppelganger a bite of snadvich.

Stand perfectly still and order my minions to attack my copy.

I order my skeleton to attack my double while I focus on countering his spells.

I can do that, right? If my double has my spells, I should have a fairly good grasp of how to either counter them, or break them terrifically.

Would that skull happen to be from Planescape Torment?

Fire of a Stone against the mirror and be done with this. The earthen spirit will attack the mirror too.

Wait for my double to draw a rune and kill himself in the process. Rune of warding on the ground. I am determined to give the entire group a warding bonus at least once.

Try to find something in the room, and throw it at the mirror.(not anything I own, like a tile or piece of furniture.

HALP

Need Cheddarius' action.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 02, 2010, 05:46:32 pm »

I order my minion to attack Dragnar's copy.
I heal Marcus.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2010, 09:51:24 am »

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I had the whole turn written up, then I accidentally clicked on a bookmark link. Damn.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Ouch. That has to hurt. [Turn 19]
« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2010, 10:55:34 am »

Ouch. That has to hurt. [Turn 19]

Offer the doppelganger a bite of snadvich.

Stand perfectly still and order my minions to attack my copy.
Command 3+1: You order your slaves to attack your copy.

You then stand perfectly still, hoping it will immobilize your copy as well. (Luck 1) Unfortunately it doesn't seem to care whether you move or not.

I order my skeleton to attack my double while I focus on countering his spells.

I can do that, right? If my double has my spells, I should have a fairly good grasp of how to either counter them, or break them terrifically.
6+2: Your skeleton charges towards your copy in a berserk rage!

You then try to focus on countering any spells your double casts. (6+2) You reverse the energy for your necromantic spells. (Luck 5) You're sure that these spells will be able to neutralize your clone's, and maybe even do a little extra.

+4 to Necromancy

Would that skull happen to be from Planescape Torment?

Fire of a Stone against the mirror and be done with this. The earthen spirit will attack the mirror too.
No, the skull was just something I made up.

5+3: The spirit hurls itself at the mirror.

You try to bring a stone up to throw at the mirror. (6+3) You lift a giant boulder from the earth! (Luck 1+1) Unfortunately it's a little too big, and you lose control.

+3 to Elementalism

Wait for my double to draw a rune and kill himself in the process. Rune of warding on the ground. I am determined to give the entire group a warding bonus at least once.

You grab your chalk and work on drawing a rune around the fighting. (1+2) The rune is very crude, but it should work. (Luck 6) As you activate it, a bright light suddenly flares up!

+2 to Runecrafting

Try to find something in the room, and throw it at the mirror.(not anything I own, like a tile or piece of furniture.

You scan the room. The only object you see is the giant boulder KineseN lifted. (6) You try to throw it at the mirror (Luck 2) but only end up hurting your back.

HALP

You try to find a way to remove your curse. (5) You summon arcane energy to try and neutralize the curse. (Luck 3-1) Unfortunately, the curse remains intact.

I order my minion to attack Dragnar's copy.
I heal Marcus.
Command 2+3: Your golem rushes off to attack Dragnar's shadow.

You mean trying to remove his curse? I'm not really sure if that counts as healing since that's more body magic than spirit magic... meh, w/e. I'll let you do it.

You focus on healing Marcus. (1+3) You summon up some healing energy to try and remove his curse (Luck 4) and succeed, banishing it.
+3 to Healing
New Spell: Remove Curse

Dragnar's wright rushes at his clone, clawing into it! (6) The talons strike towards his close with lightning speed! (RTD 1) The copy can not move out of the way, and his flesh is sundered apart!
Dragnar's zombie also attacks! (4) It lunges at his clone. (RTD 5) Reeling from the first strike, the clone jumps away!

Kin's earth spirit throws itself against the mirror. (3) It hits with less-than-impressive force. (Luck 3) it bounces off harmlessly.

Nirur's skeleton flies at his mirror image! (4+1) It lashes out with it's blade. (RTD 1) Seemingly caught off-guard, the clone takes the brunt of the attack.

Ched's golem attacks Dragnar's clone as well! (6) It throws itself at it's target. (RTD 5) The shadow leaps again, but is caught by the golem's shoulder and knocked prone.

The clones begin their assault on these trespassers.
Dragnar's clone tries to summon aid. (4+1): Despite it's wounds, the spell goes off without a hitch. (Luck 4) An impish creature suddenly appears.
Nirur's clone begins a relentless magical assault. (5+2) It summons dark magic to attack these intruders. (Luck 1) It did not anticipate Nirur's counterspell, which turns the magic on it's caster! The copy appears emaciated.
Kin's clone aims to use his own boulder against him. (6+3) It begins to lift the boulder with it's powerful magic. (Luck 1) Oddly, the boulder seems to big for the demon as well, and it comes crashing down again. The shockwave from the boulder knocks the demon prone.
Virroken's clone begins to cast a spell. (6+2) He creates a great wave of frost (Luck 5) which envelopes all of the intruders.
Aarchan's clone doesn't mess around with magic, instead drawing a wicked-looking dagger from his belt (3+1) and throwing it at Aarchan. (Rtd 1-1+1) The dagger strikes Aarchan in the chest.
Marcus' clone directs a force blast at Marcus. (2+2) The bolt flies towards Marcus, (RTD 1-1+1) who takes the hit. He is thrown backwards and knocked prone.
Ched's clone, with a lack of anything better to do, charges at himself with his staff. (5+1) He takes a wild swing (RTD 4-1+1) which hits Ched with a thud.

-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mirror Images (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:40:26 am by RandomNumberGenerator »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2010, 11:05:10 am »

An imp?! I can't summon an imp! I copy my clone and summon my own imp.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2010, 11:10:21 am »

Mass thaw on everyone. Great willpower is great.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2010, 11:32:52 am »

An imp?! I can't summon an imp! I copy my clone and summon my own imp.

The mirror images are dark and twisted copies of yourselves. So they are very similar, but more evil in every way possible, including what they can summon.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 03, 2010, 11:37:04 am »

How badly hurt is my slightly-more-evil twin?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 03, 2010, 11:39:03 am »

How badly hurt is my slightly-more-evil twin?

Moderately.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:40:41 am by RandomNumberGenerator »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 120