Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 217656 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Ouch. That has to hurt. [Turn 19]
« Reply #465 on: June 03, 2010, 11:44:25 am »

I will blast my clone with frost.
My skeleton will attack my clone once more.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2010, 12:11:45 pm »

An imp?! I can't summon an imp! I copy my clone and summon my own imp.

The mirror images are dark and twisted copies of yourselves. So they are very similar, but more evil in every way possible, including what they can summon.
So the more evil version of food is an imp? I'd think it would summon these.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2010, 06:13:24 pm »

I command my golem to attack Dragnar's image, or, if dead, Nirur Torir's, or, if dead, mine.
I attempt to heal Aarchan.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2010, 07:15:36 pm »

Hum, my plan seem to have backfired slightly and there is now an over sized stone in the mirror room. I wonder if there is something I can do with it.

Since my clone is prone I wil target it. Triple Spire that demon. Stone spirit will follow it up with a nice headbutt.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2010, 07:57:50 pm »

Throw my dagger at my clone,
bloody see how it likes it.
Nom nom nom

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 03, 2010, 09:35:44 pm »

FORCE BLAST THAT BASTARD AND STAB HIM WITH FORCE DAGGER IF I CAN
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 04, 2010, 12:15:57 am »

Watching, put me at the bottom of the waiting list, which is not going to empty any time soon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Earthen Grave [Turn 20]
« Reply #472 on: June 04, 2010, 09:32:04 am »

What's this?!? An update withing 24 hours of the last one? Unheard of! Heresy! Blasphemy! It hasn't even fallen off the first page yet! It's the end of the world I say!

Oh right. It is the end of the world... at least it is in the game. Nevermind.

Earthen Grave [Turn 20]

An imp?! I can't summon an imp! I copy my clone and summon my own imp.
Jealous of your twin's ability to summon more than life-sustaining subsistence, you attempt to copy his spell. (1+1) You completely screw up the complex somatic components (Luck 1) and unfocused ether explodes in your face.

Mass thaw on everyone. Great willpower is great.
You work on removing the damage that your clone inflicted. (1+2) You screw up your spell (Luck 5) but through sheer willpower and a generous portion of dumb luck, you pull it off anyway.

+2 to Elementalism

I will blast my clone with frost.
My skeleton will attack my clone once more.

You start to cast frost on your twin (1+1) but mess up the spell. (Luck 5) The failed incantation seems to have no negative effects, however.

Command 3+1: You order your skeleton to continue attacking your twin. It complies.

I command my golem to attack Dragnar's image, or, if dead, Nirur Torir's, or, if dead, mine.
I attempt to heal Aarchan.
Command 3+3: You send your golem to attack the weakest shadow.

You work on healing Aarchan. (4+3) You summon an overwhelming amount of energy (Luck 4) Which you use to heal him, though some of it is wasted. Your effort makes you weary.

+2 to Healing

Hum, my plan seem to have backfired slightly and there is now an over sized stone in the mirror room. I wonder if there is something I can do with it.

Since my clone is prone I wil target it. Triple Spire that demon. Stone spirit will follow it up with a nice headbutt.
You decide to pull off a complex maneuver on your twin. (5+3) You summon three smaller spires (Luck 4+1) have them strike your twin from three different directions at the same time. Your clone tries to stop it (RTD 3-1) but fails, and he is skewered on the spires.

+4 to Elementalism
New Spell: Grave Embrace

Spoiler: Advanced Tier spells (click to show/hide)

Throw my dagger at my clone,
bloody see how it likes it.
Having a lack of any daggers, you throw your blessed copper knife at the demon. (1+1) You throw wide, (RTD 4) and the dagger hits the mirror before clattering to the floor harmlessly.

FORCE BLAST THAT BASTARD AND STAB HIM WITH FORCE DAGGER IF I CAN
Enraged at being hit with your own spell, (3+2) you charge up another and fire it at your twin. (RTD 1) The bolt slams into the demon and knocks him prone as well. 

+2 to Metamagic

Dragnar's wright continues to attack his clone. (6) It swipes down with his claws (RTD 6-1) catching the edge of his twin's flesh and tearing through it.
Dragnar's skeleton resumes his attack as well. (2) but flails uncertainly (RTD 6-1) and completely avoids hitting his twin.

Kin's earth spirit attacks his twin, (6) slamming into it with a large deal of force, cracking it's earthen prison. (RTD 1) The demon goes limp, and you know it has been slain.

Nirur's skeleton attacks his twin, (1) but flounders like Dragnar's did. (RTD 2) His twin narrowly avoids the floundering skeleton.

Ched's golem resumes attacking Dragnar's twin. (3) It lashes out at it, (RTD 1-1) who takes the brunt of the blow and is slain.

Nirur's evil twin tries to drain energy from himself. (5-1) he attacks with Lifesap to draw energy from Nirur, (Luck 2) but his weakened state doesn't allow him to bring the full power of the spell to bear.
Virroken's image moves into the melee. (3+1) He attacks Kin in hope of taking his powerful magic out, (RTD 4) but he jumps out of the way and the demon only scratches Kin.
Aarchan's image advances on him (1) reaching for his dagger (RTD 5) but Aarchan easily counters his attempt and throws his twin on the ground.
The imp flies around the battlefield (4) and casts a curse on Kin (1) but his magic fails to take effect.
Marcus' image fires another force bolt at him, (1+2) which shakes and wavers in the air. (RTD 2) Marcus is still caught by the blast however.
Ched's image takes another wack (1) but goes wide (RTD 3) and Ched easily dodges.

-----

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mirror Images (click to show/hide)
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 04, 2010, 09:56:53 am »

What's this?!? An update withing 24 hours of the last one? Unheard of! Heresy! Blasphemy! It hasn't even fallen off the first page yet! It's the end of the world I say!
Heresy grows from idleness, and the end of the world is more fun then I expected.

I Shadow Touch my clone.
My skeleton uses Sword Slash on my clone.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 04, 2010, 10:13:23 am »

I unsummon that imp while my minions attack whichever shadow looks to be in the worst shape.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #475 on: June 04, 2010, 12:53:54 pm »

Yeah, even I am suprised how well it is going for me. Soon I will have such complex and advanced spells I can end the world with the flick of a finger (almost). Also, the turn name made me think I screwed up big time with me being the victim.

Actions:
Focus on Virroken's image. Use my Iron hammer (finally going to use it a second time), and drop a one-liner.
Virroken, meet my friend Iron Hammer. Iron Hammer, meet Virroken.
Stone spirit will do nothing for now, but help me if I'm biting of more than I can chew with Virroken's image.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 04, 2010, 06:32:05 pm »

Pin my clone to the ground, take out a vial of holy water, and pour it over his head.
Drink this you little ****er
Nom nom nom

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 04, 2010, 08:51:38 pm »

Does Weary wear off after one turn?
Isn't it kind of pointless to have leveling up after Expert? You'll just be critical-overshotting each thing; you're actually decreasing your chance of success without weird side-effects.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 04, 2010, 09:48:06 pm »

We could cast more powerful versions of our basic spells. For example, I'd be surprised if I could still only summon at most one skeleton per turn at legendary necromancer/summoner.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 04, 2010, 10:07:12 pm »

Hmmm.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 120