Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Earlier sieges  (Read 1412 times)

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Earlier sieges
« on: March 28, 2010, 02:07:01 am »

Remember seeing somewhere that this could be done (dig deeper does i think??) can i make sieges come at say 40 population as i lag out mostly before 80 pop and even then it really slow. So any ways to make sieges or even large ambushes come early.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Earlier sieges
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 10:04:35 am »

Yeah. Civilizations have a number of Progress trigger tags in their entity file. You could set those to 1, or apparantly 0, so they'll come at lower levels of population, trade and wealth.
They'll always start of by sending thieves and babysnatchers if they have those tags, so if you remove them, they'll send seiges and ambushes earlier. You'll have to give them some other way to instigate war with you, however because those tags force hostility. Removing their ability to speak ought to do it, or giving them ethics that diametrically oppose yours.
Lastly, you could embark closer to them, since travel time seems to be a factor.

Mess about with those variables untill you find something you like.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 05:15:44 pm »

do sieges eventually get smarter?
as in they start bringing siege weapons, or start attacking in waves
or maybe even flaming arrows, razing and camping
I'm a bit tired of this "let's all run up to their front step and try and kill as many as possible!"
it's a bit sad
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:42:46 pm »

do sieges eventually get smarter?
as in they start bringing siege weapons, or start attacking in waves
or maybe even flaming arrows, razing and camping
I'm a bit tired of this "let's all run up to their front step and try and kill as many as possible!"
it's a bit sad

Um...I don't know what to tell you.
If you give them [SIEGER] in the entity file, they'll make a campfire and wait you out for a while.

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 11:50:57 pm »

They don't bring flaming arrows (they can by modding in specific fire-arrows for goblins though), but later on they bring more squads which increases the odds of them bringing in bowgoblins. They can't bring in siege weapons or anything like that though.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 01:43:12 am »

Yeah. Civilizations have a number of Progress trigger tags in their entity file. You could set those to 1, or apparantly 0, so they'll come at lower levels of population, trade and wealth.
They'll always start of by sending thieves and babysnatchers if they have those tags, so if you remove them, they'll send seiges and ambushes earlier. You'll have to give them some other way to instigate war with you, however because those tags force hostility. Removing their ability to speak ought to do it, or giving them ethics that diametrically oppose yours.
Lastly, you could embark closer to them, since travel time seems to be a factor.

Mess about with those variables untill you find something you like.

Is there any way to set them to come at a certain population? because it says on the wiki that they come at 80 pop and i don't really want to have to mess around (i will if i have to) with the raws too much, as im not really an experienced modder. Thanx for the help though and i hope there's and easier answer