Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: LCS 4.02 Alpha Release 2  (Read 17565 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.02 Alpha Release 2
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 08:23:08 pm »

Thanks everyone for your testing and feedback, it's been invaluable. I've uploaded a new version. Saves should be compatible with the previous alpha release. Interrogation should be less lethal, the game shouldn't crash when people die, and disguise should be less broken.

To everyone, if you haven't, check out the CEO Residence/Castle.

Org: To recruit, [T]alk to a green named Liberal when on site, and chat about politics. If you pass a persuasion check, they'll start meeting with you over the next week or so about joining your squad. To interrogate, you'll need to take a hostage, using the [K]idnap command when on site. This will be a lot safer if you use a weapon of some sort, like a gun or knife. You can also [S]educe the target and kidnap them on your date; a weapon is suggested for that too. After you're back at the main screen, go to the [A]ctivation screen and give someone the command to [I]nterrogate the hostage. Once that's done, each day that the person you selected isn't going to a site, you should be prompted for how to proceed with the ongoing interrogation.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 08:26:06 pm »

One of my child workers who I freed died and the game crashed.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 08:28:49 pm »

One of my child workers who I freed died and the game crashed.

Was that in the just-minutes-ago Alpha 2 version, or with the original version?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 08:35:27 pm »

Original

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 08:42:35 pm »

Okay, it's probably fixed in release 2. There was a pretty serious problem that could cause it to crash whenever anybody died, but it should be better now.

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 02:10:21 am »

Started a game, tried to recruit a hippy.
The hippy turned me down
*RAGEQUIT*

Also... can you please put up the source code?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:38:46 am by Coronel_Niel »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 03:07:27 am »

Grind up persuasion by asking for donations for a few days, A skill of 2 should be all you need to recruit hippies.
!!&!!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 05:08:04 am »

I found a chain(15). It seems to function just like a regular chain, and doesn't use its "ammo", but it's still a bit odd.

If you start in Nightmare Mode, hire five child laborers, and have them sell brownies, you can make shittons of money without risking anything but the child laborers. Does selling drugs become less profitable as drugs get more legal?

EDIT: I thought I had the shiny new version, but disguise still feels horribly broken. I just got inside the Gentlemen's Club with 0.86 stealth, 0.08 disguise, 10 charisma and a cheap suit.

EDIT: Oh, and I like the new CEO castle layout! :)

EDIT: When there's an election, and popular votes for laws, and a law doesn't pass, both options are highlighted. When one does pass, only the YES option is highlighted.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:55:51 am by Soadreqm »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 06:56:01 am »

If you start in Nightmare Mode, hire five child laborers, and have them sell brownies, you can make shittons of money without risking anything but the child laborers. Does selling drugs become less profitable as drugs get more legal?

At least in older versions drugs, while more illegal, gave greater payoffs. One of those things that are actually better for the player in C+ society.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 07:34:56 am »

Started a game, tried to recruit a hippy.
The hippy turned me down
*RAGEQUIT*

Turned you down as in didn't want to hear something disturbing, or turned you down as in thought you were crazy after meeting with you? What kind of stats did your character have? I do want hippies to be recruitable at 0 persuasion skill, though I can understand it not working with a really low charisma founder -- in that case a little juice should be the solution.

Also... can you please put up the source code?

I already have, simultaneous to uploading these. It should be the latest version on SVN. You don't need membership in the project to do a checkout, only a commit.

I found a chain(15). It seems to function just like a regular chain, and doesn't use its "ammo", but it's still a bit odd.

I have a pretty good guess how that might have happened, actually, but did you get it off a nonunion worker in nightmare mode?

Yes, and that's still true for this version. Brownies are pretty good in Nightmare Mode if you're willing to martyr a few characters, especially since death squads don't ask questions of their victims, so you won't get racketeering charges.

EDIT: I thought I had the shiny new version, but disguise still feels horribly broken. I just got inside the Gentlemen's Club with 0.86 stealth, 0.08 disguise, 10 charisma and a cheap suit.

Well, I only said disguise was less broken. ;)

That being said, I think I intentionally made the entrance to the gentlemen's club very easy to bluff through if you have the right outfit. Maybe it's too easy? I don't necessarily want to make you grind disguise before you can do stuff. Most run of the mill Conservatives also have much weaker anti-disguise checks in this version, to the point where Charisma alone can carry it, but Agents and Radio Personalities should still not be having any trouble spotting that character.

EDIT: Oh, and I like the new CEO castle layout! :)

Thanks! I may do some custom layouts for other sites. Along with the new map, there's also a new special -- and the CEO character can only be encountered through that special. The idea is to have a persistent, named CEO that, once killed or converted, never appears again. But if you do turn him into a sleeper, he's 100% infiltration, 20 times as powerful as a normal sleeper agent on business issues, and can embezzle $50,000 each month. In other words, if you can convert him, you've got the business related issues locked up.

Right now, there is no special bonuses for just killing him or recruiting him normally, but I'd like to make it a big one-time hit to the corporate issues if you kill him, and make mercenary raids stop if you take him out, regardless of how you do it.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 07:54:56 am »

A few early thoughts. Interrogation... ouch? I haven't toyed around with it much, but it looks like it got beat with the nerf stick pretty hard.

How do I train stealth? Running around with no pants on doesn't seem to do the trick anymore.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 10:36:05 am »

Grind up persuasion by asking for donations for a few days, A skill of 2 should be all you need to recruit hippies.

Thank you for that...... input......

He had 3 pursausion and donations arn't in the game anymore....

Also I got turned down because I was crazy.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:42:36 am by Coronel_Niel »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 11:52:37 am »

The 'Solicit Donations' activity is in fact still in the game.
!!&!!

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 12:18:12 pm »

Thanks! I may do some custom layouts for other sites. Along with the new map, there's also a new special -- and the CEO character can only be encountered through that special. The idea is to have a persistent, named CEO that, once killed or converted, never appears again. But if you do turn him into a sleeper, he's 100% infiltration, 20 times as powerful as a normal sleeper agent on business issues, and can embezzle $50,000 each month. In other words, if you can convert him, you've got the business related issues locked up.

Right now, there is no special bonuses for just killing him or recruiting him normally, but I'd like to make it a big one-time hit to the corporate issues if you kill him, and make mercenary raids stop if you take him out, regardless of how you do it.

Sounds like worship to the RNG to me!

So, basically, if you kidnap him, then it's up to the RNG whether you get an UBER sleeper who solves all your business issues and money problems... OR, you get a mediocre recruit? ... and this exercise is a one time thing only? So, essentially, it's like flipping a coin?

Er. Something doesn't sound right to me. Too much luck dependant and results too significant.

Also, AFAIK, in RL, companies do not go without CEOs forever... if a CEO dies, they elect a new one. Shouldn't take more than a few months.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 12:44:40 pm »

I don't think you read what Jonathan said accurately. You only get one chance, but if you convert him, he is always an uber sleeper.

If what you're saying is that actually managing to convert high level sleepers is too difficult... Well, yeah. Actually managing to get the CEO should be massively important, and the difficulty of pulling it off should reflect that. It should not be something anyone should rely on pulling off for victory.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9