Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your First Adventure  (Read 1672 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Your First Adventure
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:25:36 pm »

What was it like? What did you do? Describe it to us, please.

Mine was very short and uneventful. I wandered into a goblin fortress, punched a child, and got mobbed by gobbos. ::)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

OldManNeck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your First Adventure
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:10:58 pm »

I was a human swordsman/thrower/wrestler, and I wandered around in the woods, got ambushed by wolves,and died of blood loss trying to figure out how to gouge eyes.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:12:40 pm by OldManNeck »
"We sell products and get in fights"-Saxton Hale

Captain Alchatron

• Bay Watcher
  • The Elbow of Ragnaros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 05:09:22 pm »

I picked up a quest to kill a cyclops, went to his lair and busied myself picking up amulets and the like off the floor. I was so fixed on this goal that I failed to notice the cyclops rushing me... It didn't end well. In fact, it only ended in a hand exploding in gore and my death forthwith.

Much the same as my adventures since, then. :D
If you go up to someone and beat the hell out of them with thread, you not only defeat them, you shame them and their entire family for generations to come (providing that there are any survivors).
Various mouths were involved, and a soda can and a penny I think.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 05:22:35 pm »

Set a few trees on fire, killed Idle gaurds with Fire trees, stole swords, killed cougar with my Sword throwing skills, Killed Giant, got mauled by Cyclops.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 05:24:41 pm »

I set a few trees on fire trying to figure out how to read the screen then gave up and quit. Came back a week later and did fortress mode with a tutorial.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 06:05:04 pm »

Mine was actually rather eventful because I was cautious. I managed to get an arrow to the heart and live somehow but could never remove the arrow or it would kill me. This was one of five arrows that I had stuck in me for various reasons. I think 2-3 were left because I would die if I removed them, the others were just because I was beginning to like the style. I finally died when I tried to wrestle an archer close range and ended up with a arrow in my throat. I was too far to make it to the edge to heal so I pulled the arrow from my heart, pierced the archer's head entirely through and then bled to death in the next turn. I think they impaled my corpse on a stake.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 06:49:35 pm »

...so I pulled the arrow from my heart, pierced the archer's head entirely through and then bled to death in the next turn.

Badass.

And my first adventure didn't last very long. Went up to a Human Axe Lord, in a random act of aggression I decided to smack him about a bit. Didn't end well. Flew across the top floor of the pub and painted the walls a pleasant shade of red.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 07:39:22 pm »

on my first adventure i didn't know how to select skills so i went out into the world as a peasant with no equipment... Since i was an elf (blasphemy!) i didn't get raped by wolves and eventually wandered into an evil area and started killing zombie Sasquatches with dirt clumps... later since i had no equipment and couldn't buy any since i was an elf... i went around burning elf guards alive to steal their equipment... it ended when i wandered into an human town that was unknowingly to me hostile and their mayor owned me...
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 01:51:39 am »

I wandered about a bit.
I encountered wolves.
I killed a few.
My throat was torn out.
I died.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Level_8_Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 04:05:27 am »

I walked around confused and got killed by wolves soon after.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 06:45:35 am »

I put everything in wrestling, decided to visit a goblin fortress, attacked a few children, strangled a guard (after disarming him) and then was shot through the head by a crossbowgoblin. I thought it ended fairly well.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 11:11:23 am »

I tried to find a failed fortress.  Made it about two tiles out of the town I started in before being attacked by a pack of wolves and cleverly dodged into a puddle and drowned.
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 11:22:43 am »

I made a Hammerman, went into the weapons store to get a new hammer, did not know how to trade, so I picked up the hammer, and dropped my old one, wandered outside and got shot with a Iorn arrow, I thought I was in the middle of a battle untill a human spearman stabbed his spear into my lower left arm. I hit him, and he flew into a human crossbowman and they both exploaded. I ran north to only get shot by an Iorn arrow in my leg and walk slower. I got shot in my other leg by yet another iorn arrow. I was moving I believe 300 speed? Anyways a human wrestler was right behind me and I hit him  and broke his arm, hit him again and broke his other arm. Then, another flying arrow got lucky and got my chest. I passed out and another human wrestler finished me by breaking my arms and strangling me to death...

I realized how epic Adventure mode was and how to trade.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 11:52:32 am »

My first adventure? As a dwarf, there was a sand desert with cave. I managed to find the Mayor (which I cannot do today), and got a quest to kill a minotaur.

I had steel eq, so 'no problem!'

Went there.

Died horribly to aformentioned mintotaur, with a puddle of guts instead of me head, I believe.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Luna

• Bay Watcher
  • [AMPHIBIOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 01:08:16 pm »

Used "Play Now", started in "The First Forests", wandered south-east for an hour or so, found a rotten cat corpse and licked it, closed the game and looked up how to play on the wiki.
Pages: [1] 2