Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: wait, what?  (Read 2503 times)

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
Re: wait, what?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 02:44:57 pm »

Don't forget the Antmen. But you have to be pretty badass to kill all of them, also.

You haven't seen how powerful they can be till adventure mode. Had an Army of Giant Ants and Antmen wipe out a mountain home of maybe 80 dwarves. there were maybe 3 dwarves left when my adventurer finally killed the last of them.
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 02:55:45 pm »

Yeah, I've had dragons who fall unconscious because their nose was broken before appearing on map.

I think it's even more funny, however, when goblin leaders show up during a seige, then fall to the ground, spraying socks all around because they had lost both legs before appearing.  They sit there, overwhelmed by pain and unconscious the entire time while their squad just sort of sits around and waits for their leader to get up and lead them again.  Once the other goblin squads get slaughtered, the goblins seem to just shrug and drag him off the field.

The funniest part is that he brought along socks to go on the legs he forgot he didn't have, which get dumped as soon as he "walks onto the map".

I've also had a dwarf soldier mother with a crossbow (so it isn't SO awesome) and little training go into a martial trance, and slay an entire seige pretty much solo... while carrying her baby, and her slightly older daughter keeps following her around, talking to her.  Some kids can get used to anything, I guess.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 03:12:23 pm »

I remember a trap that got goblins stuck in a narrow doorway and it would drop lots of kittens onto them to try and kill them
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.
Pages: 1 [2]