Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Named creatures and artifacts.  (Read 703 times)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
Named creatures and artifacts.
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:59:56 pm »

I think it would be pretty cool if when you kill a named creature, one of the remains, like the skull, will be named after the creature e.g. Smaug's Skull. That object would be tagged as [Notorious] or [Legendary] depending on the fame of the original owner.

A [Notorious] or better object would never be used as a common craft reagent, however, unless forbidden, the next mood asking for a related item will always use the available notorious items for the craft. Once added to an artifact, the item name and owner would be added as a description, maybe with some additional flavor depending on the creature.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Named creatures and artifacts.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:06:38 pm »

Actually the gamne already tracks the origin of materials etc. so this isnt far off. Its more an display issue i think.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:49:32 am »

If an artifact incorporates pieces from legendary creatures, it'd be nice if the artifact itself was influenced by it. Say, if you use Smaug's skull, the pictures involve the battle in which he was killed, not just random crap. Additionally, if Smaug was killed by a spear, the end result would always be a spear if possible. Preferably made out of the bones of his kin

Moods shouldn't always claim these things though, not everything has to be related to some dead guy

Kilo24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 10:01:12 pm »

One idea is that there's a small chance to trigger a strange mood when a legendary creature dies, making that dwarf want to make an artifact out of the dead creature that has a high chance to be named after the creature or its killer as well as having scenes of the battle.