Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: [RTD][Partnered Arms]- Turn 2: I Send INSANNNEEEE!!! WAVESSS!  (Read 9779 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

The [Name not yet chosen] RTD
I was thinking and i got a idea of a RTD where you work in pairs, pairs you say? "But thats done already in teams!". But no i mean 1 master,weaponuser or whatever name you can think of and his weapon. The idea is that the master and weapon need to work together to accomplish something. The weapon has a human form, but in the weapon form it purely relies on his master and how they work together.

I roll for a special power for the wielder of the weapon and the weapon can choose its weapon form it wants to be in and i also make a roll for his special thingy. Here is a demonstration of the weapon Katana [ Katana -> Bigger Katana with fire -> 2 Double edged Katanas with fire and finally the best form 6 Katana's with black fire] This is just a example. The weapon May choose from EVERYTHING , if you want it to be a 2 gaint metal fist's? then so be it, a flower? alright! Or even a oil lamp!, Now the master must sign this and post it here.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Sign in
Name:
Bio:(optional)
Wielder name:( how you are called by enemies like "Ragnarok")

and the weapon fills this in

Name:
Bio:(optional)
Wielder name:( how you are called by enemies like "Ragnarok" but as a weapon)
Kind of weapon:
And order of transformation, BUT you need to send the order to me so that the wielders will not choose the most awesome 1 but have to guess!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
The rules
We will roll to 10 with a d6 dice

[1]Epic Fail - You manage to cut in your arm with the knife while making a sandwich
[2]Slight Fail - You screw up your sandwich and it is not eatable
[3]Normal Succes - You make a normal but weak sandwich
[4]Good Succes - You make a tasty sandwich [+1 to skill]
[5]Awesome Succes - You make A very tasty sandwich which everyone wants [+2 to skill]
[6]EPIC Succes - You hack n' slash with the knife and make a Sandwich which even the gods are jealous for.
[7]Slight Overshoot - You Forget that you wanted to make a sandwich and trip over something breaking your nose
[8]GODLIKE SUCCES - You made a sandwich that good that the taste of it Mindblows you
[9]MASSIVE SUCCES! - You made a sandwich that is just too good for you, even you take 1 bite you shall go ectastic and die of it.
[10]MASSIVE OVERSHOOT - You made the gods angry while making a sandwich you shall get it now!

So how do you roll 10 with a d6? You don't, you need to get bonuses to reach higher than 6.
The plot
You are some ordinary people that lived ordinary up until now, you decided that it is time to do something about daily life. So you signed into Shibusen the acadmy for wielders, you will learn there to fight, Live and finally find a partner that suits you.

There is a plot which you can affect and drift off.
Player Data
Team 1
Spoiler: Don Cucully (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Team 2
Spoiler: Don Fernando (click to show/hide)
Team 3
Spoiler: Cheddarius the Wise (click to show/hide)
Team 4
Spoiler: Larry Snugglerock (click to show/hide)
Team 5

Now you can finally sign in
i got only place for 4 wielders and 4 weapons maybe 5 and 5 but il decide because that may be much work.

P.S. how do you change the name of spoiler's?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:04:52 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: RTD [Name not yet chosen]- Sign in NOW!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 02:15:27 pm »

Code: [Select]
[spoiler=XYZ][/spoiler]
Spoiler: XYZ (click to show/hide)

Signing in as a weapon, I'll have some details up in a moment.

edit:

Name: Max Fire
Race: Human*
Bio: Amnesiac. Memory begins from several years ago. Has since discovered that he has some uncanny powers.
WName: The Chopper
Transformation Progression: Sending now.

edit2: Wait, I'm a little confused. Can each of us be both a "wielder" and a weapon at the same time?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:25:29 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 02:36:38 pm »

I'll sign up as a wielder.

Name: Don Fernando
Race: Human
Bio: The son of a minor noble, Don has always wanted to be a peaceful farmer and philosopher, managing his estate, and reaping the benefits of nobility (the three W's, wealth, women, and wine).  Unfortunately, his father would have none of that, and he was shipped off to the academy, with instructions that he would not receive his inheritance if he didn't come back a wielder.  So, begrudgingly, Don studies, and attempts to find his companion.
WName: The Noble Savage
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 02:51:04 pm »

noooo the wielder chooses you!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 03:11:24 pm »

No, what I mean is, maybe everyone can be "weapon"? Something like a world of transformers, where everyone is like G1 Megatron.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 03:13:35 pm »

no.... a weapon can't wield itself can it? after everyone singed they choose their partner!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 03:25:03 pm »

I would like to be a weapon, please!

What do we put down for kind of weapon, though? Wouldn't something like sword, spear, axe, etc. fall under order of transformation?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:28:24 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 03:30:39 pm »

Hey, RNG, can I be your wielder?

Name: Cheddarius The Wise
Race: Human
Bio: Orphaned at a young age (as 90% of adventurers inexplicably are), Cheddarius was taken in by the city's arch-mage for no apparent reason. Maybe he was a really cute baby or something. In any case, the archmage taught him basic magical skills, and he attended the local magical college and worked hard. When the archmage died of an unfortunate incident where a local homeless man threw a glob of vomit at him, piercing both his lungs, his heart, and slicing off both his legs, Cheddarius was forced to find work in the Assassin's Guild. Utilizing his exceptional magical skills to grant himself great stealth and disguise, he became known as the Silent One, though nobody other than himself really knows who he is or what his methods are.
Then, later, he got really drunk and told everyone he was the Silent One. Renouncing his former lifestyle, he grabbed a nearby weapon and partied like there was no tomorrow. Hundreds were killed. The nation mourned. The area's alcohol stockpiles were depleted and will be for decades, due to the immense amounts of booze the populace had to borrow to keep Cheddarius relatively calm.
Wielder Name: The Noisy One Formerly Known As The Silent One
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:58:27 pm by Cheddarius »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 03:38:37 pm »

no.... a weapon can't wield itself can it? after everyone singed they choose their partner!
*headdesk*

Um, REALLY! Imagine a pair of people that can both turn into weapons. If both turn into weapons at once, they both won't be able to do anything - but, if any ONE of them turns into a weapon, the other can wield him/her!

Like I said, it's like a world of G1 Megatrons. (he turned into a pistol for another decepticon to use, FYI) People can turn into powerful weapons, but they can't use themselves, so they must find partners they can agree with.

As it stands, the relationship is too one-way for my twisted mind not to see some VERY awkward similarities.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 03:43:04 pm »

I think one dude is just a dude and another dude is a dude and a weapon. So dude 1 can wield dude 2 as a weapon, but dude 2 can't wield dude 1 as a weapon.
Well, theoretically, you could grab someone by the heels and flail schlim around and try to hit people with schlim, but that's kind of unfeasible.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 03:45:09 pm »

Hey, RNG, can I be your wielder?
I guess... though I don't think the weapon I'm planning on being is the silent assassin type.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 03:49:55 pm »

I think you could wield each other if two weapons wanted to join up. But a single weapon can't wield itself, if you turn into a sword, another sword in human form could use you, but a sword can't swing itself. At least that's how I understand it.

Meanwhile, I shall sign up as a Wielder.

Name: Larry Snugglerock
Race: Half-Giant
Bio: Larry was born to a human mother. How she survived her run in with his Father no one will know, however it is fact that she did not survive giving birth to the large boned child. Larry was raised as an orphan. Even as a young child he was nearly as big as most adults, and as such was able to work well for his food and board. His work ethic brought him muscle tone with his large size and he managed to bring forth quite a nature of renown. However he yearned for more, he could fight with his hands, crush things with his hands, and build with his hands. But he lacked greatly in skill, especially the skill in working well with others in social situations. Therefore after working up enough courage to do so, he enrolled in the wielder school, in the hopes of finding a weapon that would augment his power, and bring balance to that lacking part of himself.
Wielder name: The Hug of Death

Any of you weapons interested in teaming up yet?
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 03:53:45 pm »

I don't have to be a silent assassin though... Maybe I will renounce my ways and become a dark elf paladin or whatnot, neh?
What I'm saying here is that you're a cool enough guy for me to change my idea to team with you.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 03:54:58 pm »

Heh, I think we might be a good match, Haika. Most of my forms suit you rather well.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 04:16:14 pm »

*headdesk*

Um, REALLY! Imagine a pair of people that can both turn into weapons. If both turn into weapons at once, they both won't be able to do anything - but, if any ONE of them turns into a weapon, the other can wield him/her!

Like I said, it's like a world of G1 Megatrons. (he turned into a pistol for another decepticon to use, FYI) People can turn into powerful weapons, but they can't use themselves, so they must find partners they can agree with.

As it stands, the relationship is too one-way for my twisted mind not to see some VERY awkward similarities.
i asked that to the guy that said that we cant be weapons and wielders at the same time

and to RNG you can be everything read the damn start but send the order of transformation to me. So that the wielders would have to choose somebody
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11