Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: [RTD][Partnered Arms]- Turn 2: I Send INSANNNEEEE!!! WAVESSS!  (Read 9782 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD [Name not yet chosen]- Sign in NOW!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 04:18:28 pm »

Heh, I think we might be a good match, Haika. Most of my forms suit you rather well.

Sounds good to me, though I have no idea about these transformations yet. :) I assume the first post will be a contract or ritual or something about how the groups meet?
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 04:22:19 pm »

Ermm... I guess I'll sign up as a weapon... What timeframe would this be set in?

Name: A string of alien symbols. Accepts any name given.
Race: Ancient Stephinian (Part of a cannon that I've been working on for a long, long time. Your basic precursor-race, originated in a parallel universe)

Bio: A prototype Aincient Stephinian weapon. A ball of Meroviate (Stephinian phlebotnium) plasma which has been technologically imbued with memetic energy (the energy that makes Stephinian technology work). It has no explicitly designed form, instead taking the form it's wielder expects it to take (I.E., a Knight of the Round Table would get a sword, a Native American would get a bow, and a modern person would get a gun). It's power is tied to the amount of memetic energy it is absorbing; this ends up being a very nice safety feature, if an evil person were to wield it, it would become almost useless because the wielder is hated... theoretically anyway. Memetic energy is power derived from the quantum effect of sentient beings on the universe around them (rock music is a highly effective method of boosting energy output, which is why Stephinian culture revolves around it). It was in the very early stages of prototyping when [DATA EXPUNGED], leaving it lacking compared to many other Stephinian weapons at low memetic yields. However, if it is sufficiently charged it can do a great deal of damage (as well as do some other neat things, such as heal minor wounds and make espresso).

Wielder name: Don't quite understand, but people it's pointed at tend to call "OH SHI-"...

I'm a bit new to roleplaying, so don't throw a fit if I mess up accidentally. :P

EDIT:

Oh, there's no defined "transformation cycle"; it can be anything, but the form is mostly asthetic. I suppose the form would matter when an enemy has a resistance to certain types of damage...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:06:47 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 04:45:08 pm »

Name:Don Cucully
Race:Human
Bio:Son of a nobleman, he has traveled around the world and has been a thief, assassin, sailor, soldier, general, banker. He has always relied on his trusty weapon.
Wielder name:Thor

I'm a wielder
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:56:17 am by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 05:27:49 pm »

and to RNG you can be everything read the damn start but send the order of transformation to me. So that the wielders would have to choose somebody

Oh well, I guess I'll just post what I know.

Name: Tori
Race: Nymph
Bio: Once confined to a shaded glen in the middle of a forest, an apprentice mage tried to bind her to himself. He would have succeeded, had he any idea what he was actually doing. The result of the skewed ritual was that Tori was freed from the glen and she gained several magical powers she didn't have before, including the ability to turn into a weapon.
Wielder name: Azure Tempest
Kind of weapon: Longsword
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:45:28 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 05:44:04 pm »

Signing up for weapon!

Name: Dweer'eek

Race: Kobold

Bio: Dweer'eek was formerly known as one of the greatest of Kobold heroes of his age-he took down Dragons (giant toads), Titans (Dwarves) and Demons! (fire imps)
As he lay dying from old age, his final act was to imbue his spirit into a mace christened the "Foemaker", which was then handed down from Kobold king to Kobold king....it was eventually stolen, lost, re-stolen and lost again ad-infinitum, until Dweer'eek found a new master, worthy of his power...

Wielder name: Foemaker
Kind of weapon: 1 handed stone Mace

Edited for weakness.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:41:15 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 06:19:50 pm »

Kind of weapon is probably just the first stage. So [rock->bigger rock->huge rock->boulder->hill->mountain of rock and roll] yields Rock as your weapon.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 07:04:06 pm »

I think there's 4/4 atm, so I'll make weapon #5

Name:Kila
Race:Kobold
Bio:Drafted as a bowman at a young age kila waited for the theives to come back with nes of a fortress to seige.  Once they finnally did, it was a mage's tower they spoke of and the untold riches within.  Upon arriving the battle went badly, and as kila was confronted by a crossbowman, he ran out of ammo.  The crossbowman had too and he charged, the impact of the weapon fused with kila's soul, and somehow he escaped alive... in a caravan as a crossbow.
Wielder name:magical bolt
Kind of weapon:Crossbow

so send you the transformation list?
Nom nom nom

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 02:00:55 am »

Don Fernando looked around at the various weapons, and notice a simple stone mace lying in a corner.  It didn't look like much, seemed too small for a human to normally use...  Don smiled; it was perfect.
"Heh, this'll show the old man.  He wants me to become a wielder?  Fine, I'll do it, but I'll do it with this little toy.  He won't be able to deny me the inheritance, and I'll still be able to live a life of ease.  After all, who would care about a wielder with such little power?"
The only question was, would the weapon accept him?

In sum, Dwarmin, care to team up?  I'd love to see Don's face when you turn out to be unbelievably powerful, and somehow get him into all kinds of trouble (I hope).

Also, Vagel, I was glaring daggers at you when I read your post.  There's only room for one son-of-a-noble named Don.  I hereby declare that the Cucully family are old enemies of the Fernando family, and we shall see who comes out at the end!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:03:21 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 04:19:01 am »

I don't have some of the transformation orders yet from some people. THe transformation order got 5 stages,
Kind of weapon is probably just the first stage. So [rock->bigger rock->huge rock->boulder->hill->mountain of rock and roll] yields Rock as your weapon.
this is what i mean, but it got 1 more. And like i'm going to say again you will send it to me !

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 04:27:08 am »

I'm not actually signing up as a weapon. That was just an example.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 04:37:54 am »

Ermm... I guess I'll sign up as a weapon... What timeframe would this be set in?

Name: A string of alien symbols. Accepts any name given.
Race: Ancient Stephinian (Part of a cannon that I've been working on for a long, long time. Your basic precursor-race, originated in a parallel universe)

Bio: A prototype Aincient Stephinian weapon. A ball of Meroviate (Stephinian phlebotnium) plasma which has been technologically imbued with memetic energy (the energy that makes Stephinian technology work). It has no explicitly designed form, instead taking the form it's wielder expects it to take (I.E., a Knight of the Round Table would get a sword, a Native American would get a bow, and a modern person would get a gun). It's power is tied to the amount of memetic energy it is absorbing; this ends up being a very nice safety feature, if an evil person were to wield it, it would become almost useless because the wielder is hated... theoretically anyway. Memetic energy is power derived from the quantum effect of sentient beings on the universe around them (rock music is a highly effective method of boosting energy output, which is why Stephinian culture revolves around it). It was in the very early stages of prototyping when [DATA EXPUNGED], leaving it lacking compared to many other Stephinian weapons at low memetic yields. However, if it is sufficiently charged it can do a great deal of damage (as well as do some other neat things, such as heal minor wounds and make espresso).

Wielder name: Don't quite understand, but people it's pointed at tend to call "OH SHI-"...

I'm a bit new to roleplaying, so don't throw a fit if I mess up accidentally. :P

EDIT:

Oh, there's no defined "transformation cycle"; it can be anything, but the form is mostly asthetic. I suppose the form would matter when an enemy has a resistance to certain types of damage...

big lump of text i didn't quite get. Could you be something that is made on earth?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD [Name not yet chosen]- 1 place left! For a wielder!
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 04:46:33 am »

It is a magic morphing weapon. It turns into whatever you usually use.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 05:12:12 am »

isnt that too powerfull? all the weapons got 5 forms and get can transform in any!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 05:16:41 am »

But you see, it really only has one form. It takes the form of whatever the wielder uses.

So if a Marine were to use it, it would take the form of an M16. It'd be [M16->upgraded M16->plasma-firing M16->M16 that shoots miniature black holes] or whatever. It will only ever be an M16, nothing else.
It's just that it suits itself to whoever teams with him.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 05:23:17 am »

OHHHHHH! ahh its alright then
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11