Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Sort by skill

(1/1)

weirdbeard:
A very simple idea. The ability to search your dwarves by a skill, bringing up a list of all dwarves with that skill highest at the top, lowest at the bottom. Useful for if considering changing your broker or something, but want someone with appraisal, for instance. It's easy enough to find a dwarf by their primary skill as it is, but by a secondary skill it's particularly difficult.

Aquillion:
I've been asking for this for ages.  An additional suggestion, if this ever makes it in:  When you sort dwarves by skill, also include some indicator as to whether or not the dwarf has the job associated with the skill turned on or not (when there is an associated job, that is.)  Chances are, after all, what we're really interested in seeing is who the best dwarf who isn't currently assigned to do that job is.

Techhead:
A different, similar feature I want is that dwarves will display their skills by experience.
So those dwarves that pick up a trade after having a brief conversation can have thier skill on top, as well as forcing skills they did once to the bottom.

Doniazade:
Also the ability to designate/queue jobs that can only be performed by the highest-skilled laborer with that job enabled. For example you might have a bunch of engraver tards running around smoothing mountains for the stats, but you still want your legendary+++ engraver to double-detail your dining room.

martinuzz:
You might want to try 'dwarf companion'.
Get it at the utils section of www.dwarffortresswiki.net     ;)Edit: Oh, and also 'dwarf Foreman', but I don't know if it works with 38c.
Dwarf companion does work in any case.[ May 26, 2008: Message edited by: martinuzz ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version